Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOWN SQUARE | Everything Else

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Captain America: The First Avenger - Posted on 02-06-2010 16:31
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Ain't It Cool News posted what appears to be leaked concept art of Captain America's costume in the upcoming Captain America film. The art has apparently to be confirmed to be legit. CLICK HERE to see it!

For those who haven't been following, Marvel Studios' Captain America: The First Avenger is set for a July 2011 release date. It will be a period piece following the character's origins in World War II. It will be directed by Joe Johnston (Jurassic Park 3, The Wolfman) and will star Chris Evans (Push, The Losers) as Stave Rogers/Captain America and Hugo Weaving (The Matrix, Lord of the Rings) as Rogers' arch nemesis, The Red Skull. Writing duo Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, both of which wrote Chronicles of Narnia, You Kill Me, & Life and Death of Peter Sellers, worked on the script; as did David Self (Road to Perdition).

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Captain America: The First Avenger - Posted on 06-06-2010 15:17
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Hmm, I like the costume. This is one of the few Marvel films I'm excited about. For some reason or another I've always thought it'd be cool to see a live action Captain America movie...and I know there was one made in the early 90's, but I've never seen it, plus I heard it was terrible. Anyways, I was kinda disappointed when I heard Chris Evans would play Cap, but I've learned not to rule anyone out before seeing the movie...except Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes; I knew that wouldn't ever fly with me. But what's with studios getting actors to play more than one superhero these days? Like Ryan Reynolds. Oh well. Cap's one of my favorite heroes so definitely looking forward to this one.
RE: Captain America: The First Avenger - Posted on 06-06-2010 16:11
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Detective wrote:
Hmm, I like the costume. This is one of the few Marvel films I'm excited about. For some reason or another I've always thought it'd be cool to see a live action Captain America movie...and I know there was one made in the early 90's, but I've never seen it, plus I heard it was terrible. Anyways, I was kinda disappointed when I heard Chris Evans would play Cap, but I've learned not to rule anyone out before seeing the movie...except Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes; I knew that wouldn't ever fly with me. But what's with studios getting actors to play more than one superhero these days? Like Ryan Reynolds. Oh well. Cap's one of my favorite heroes so definitely looking forward to this one.

I'm looking forward to it too. The writting staff is very promising, and Evans is good when he's given the right role. I'm loving the costume.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Captain America: The First Avenger - Posted on 06-06-2010 22:57
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

i got nothing im just really hoping that its good cause marvel has been leting me down lately

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Captain America: The First Avenger - Posted on 28-10-2010 21:43
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Some pics from the movie:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/109625-more-captain-america-photos

Looks really cool. Can't wait for the film to release.
RE: Captain America: The First Avenger - Posted on 29-10-2010 13:50
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Detective wrote:
Some pics from the movie:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/109625-more-captain-america-photos

Looks really cool. Can't wait for the film to release.

Don't forget this one:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/109607-chris-evans-as-captain-america-on-the-cover-of-ew

R.I.P. Heath
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.