Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOWN SQUARE | Everything Else

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 12-07-2010 15:36
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Has anybody heard this crap about the new Spider-Man movie? Or maybe Edward Norton getting fired? Well, they happened.

Remember when Sony confirmed the story about a 15 year old Peter Parker going to highschool and possibly fighting Electro or the Lizard? CANCELED. After 27 year old English actor Garfield was cast as Peter, Sony went back to the script and altered it. Big time. I'm happy a 27 year old won't be playing a kid but this just... Sucks... Because now, we're in the same Spider-Man 4 mess (despite it still being a reboot). Peter Parker will graduate from highschool in the beginning (along with getting the powers, some minor origin sequences, etc) and then go off straight to college... And Lizard is now the only rumored villain. So really, all this is, is Sony not wanting to take the time to start over and just reboot the trilogy by saying the fourth movie is one of it's own with a complete recast. -__-

And yeah, Edward Norton. Fired as Hulk for the Avengers movie. We can't be certain about him not coming back as Hulk in TIH 2 (after Avengers comes out) but it sure does seem that way. Now, why on earth would Marvel fire one of the best actors they've ever hired? Why would they fire an Emy nominated actor? It's because they want to save money. Save money, you ask? You think they were bought out by Disney for the money? They were. Now why are they recasting him with an unknown? No clue. There's TONS of hate over the choice. Just about everybody I know is up against both of these stories. It's kinda like he's cursed, huh? Three recasts in three movies. Hulk and Iron Man were the only buffed heroes for the Avengers in two years not to mention Hulk is meant to follow the new Marvel continuity which was broken when Rhodey was recasted in Iron Man 2... Which still, nobody knows why they recasted. And in that choice, they recasted with a more expensive (but much better) actor -__-

You can Google either one of these stories for more information and don't forget to give an opinion below!

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 12-07-2010 16:03
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Norton wasn't recast for money. He is always willing to go in for very little money if he wants to be in a movie. The real reason he wasn't cast was because he's too big. Robert Downey Jr. is Marvel's golden child, they don't want him to have competition in the film. With ScarJo and Chris Evans, RDJ is still the main man. But with Norton, it would be a double billing.

That being said, RDJ has nothing to do with this decision. The Execs just want RDJ to be the new Heath Ledger, so they are avoiding competition.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 12-07-2010 16:06
RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 12-07-2010 17:25
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I never said RDJ had anything to do with it, I just said it's dissapointing he's the only superhero who's been buffed that'll be in it. Thor is pretty much in the dark and Captain America... It's not really what everybody thought it'd be. I know it'll be great but this is Captain America we're dealing with! Big guy over at Marvel! Btw, news said that Marvel gave Joaquin Phoenix an option to play Hulk now and they want him to confirm it before Comic Con... Hate how Marvel rushes things...

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 12-07-2010 17:35
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

The Red-Blue Blur wrote:
I never said RDJ had anything to do with it, I just said it's dissapointing he's the only superhero who's been buffed that'll be in it. Thor is pretty much in the dark and Captain America... It's not really what everybody thought it'd be. I know it'll be great but this is Captain America we're dealing with! Big guy over at Marvel! Btw, news said that Marvel gave Joaquin Phoenix an option to play Hulk now and they want him to confirm it before Comic Con... Hate how Marvel rushes things...

I didn't say you said RDJ had anything to do with it. I said that Marvel dropped Norton because thay wanted Downey to be the star, but Downey himself had nothing to do with that decision. I.E. He had no problems with sharing the billing with Norton.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 12-07-2010 22:36
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Razhwurz wrote:
The Red-Blue Blur wrote:

I didn't say you said RDJ had anything to do with it. I said that Marvel dropped Norton because thay wanted Downey to be the star, but Downey himself had nothing to do with that decision. I.E. He had no problems with sharing the billing with Norton.
I just found out that Norton was actually arguing with Marvel about their frequent running time changes on Avengers... If that's it, it seems kinda personal. Marvel wouldn't collaborate with him and after more remarks about timing, he was fired. Marvel's pretty stubborn. Really? Fire one of your best actors just because you don't agree? If I were Marvel, I would regret this. It seems like it's a personal choice. Wonder what the running time is... Avengers is a BIG movie and I think Marvel might be taking it too lightly, I mean, TDK was almost 3 hours I think, this is Avengers. I'm a huge Batman fan (obviously) but even I can understand how big Avengers are. This is the first ever, superhero movie continuity leading up to something and if it's just say, an hour and 40 minutes, that's too light. Put it to the TDK maximum!

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 12-07-2010 23:54
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

The Red-Blue Blur wrote:
Razhwurz wrote:
The Red-Blue Blur wrote:

I just found out that Norton was actually arguing with Marvel about their frequent running time changes on Avengers... If that's it, it seems kinda personal. Marvel wouldn't collaborate with him and after more remarks about timing, he was fired. Marvel's pretty stubborn. Really? Fire one of your best actors just because you don't agree? If I were Marvel, I would regret this. It seems like it's a personal choice. Wonder what the running time is... Avengers is a BIG movie and I think Marvel might be taking it too lightly, I mean, TDK was almost 3 hours I think, this is Avengers. I'm a huge Batman fan (obviously) but even I can understand how big Avengers are. This is the first ever, superhero movie continuity leading up to something and if it's just say, an hour and 40 minutes, that's too light. Put it to the TDK maximum!

Don't know where you heard this, but that sounds inaccurate. He did argue with Marvel over the running time of The Incredible Hulk, but that has little to do with this movie.

It's about star power and maybe about money, period.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 14-07-2010 16:57
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

i think they should have kept norton on as the hulk and dont put pheniox on as banner he sucks at acting ill take a stick in the mud over pheniox and thats sayin something

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 14-07-2010 17:10
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

matt the bat webb wrote:
i think they should have kept norton on as the hulk and dont put pheniox on as banner he sucks at acting ill take a stick in the mud over pheniox and thats sayin something

I think Joaquin Phoenix is actually a fine actor. But no one can stand up to Edward Norton. He's pretty much the Robert De Niro of our time.

The rumours now are that they are going to go with Mark Ruffalo. I'm not really familiar with him really.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 15-07-2010 15:22
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I'll find the link and post later on where I heard the argument reports. Every once in a while, something like this happens...

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 16-07-2010 14:55
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

The Red-Blue Blur wrote:
I'll find the link and post later on where I heard the argument reports. Every once in a while, something like this happens...

Well, where ever you read about them having an argument was wrong. Norton's agent's statement is 100% accurate. They were in the middle of negotiation and no arugments had been made from either side when suddenly Marvel dropped Norton for no aparent reason.

People probably got the running time disputes from reports from The Incredible Hulk. Norton was a writer for The Incredible Hulk (uncredited because of WGA rules) and was quite upset when Marvel decided to cut about 30-40 minutes of material from the film. It's important to note, though, that he didn't have issues with the whole studio. He only had an argument with one executive from the company, and that executive has since been fired. So I don't the Norton's issues with Incredible Hulk would have factored into the decision.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 16-07-2010 15:01
RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 17-07-2010 23:23
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I think this was what I read http://chadfuller.deviantart.com/journal/33495351/

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 18-07-2010 13:50
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Had an idea for who could play Hulk the other day... John Cusack... He looks kinda like Edward Norton and he's a pretty decent actor who could be a close runner up in fame to RDJ. He has some simulair body language and since some are hoping for Hulk to overtake Banner's screen time, I say get the closest to Edward in acting, fame, and basic look.

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 18-07-2010 20:28
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

The Red-Blue Blur wrote:
Had an idea for who could play Hulk the other day... John Cusack... He looks kinda like Edward Norton and he's a pretty decent actor who could be a close runner up in fame to RDJ. He has some simulair body language and since some are hoping for Hulk to overtake Banner's screen time, I say get the closest to Edward in acting, fame, and basic look.

I think that he does look a little bit like Norton, but in my opinion Cusack is no where near Norton in ability. I'd rather have someone who looks nothing like Norton and is in his level as an actor.

How about Jake Gyllenhaal? Not quite Edward Norton, but no where near as wooden as Cusack.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Marvel Movies and Bad Choices - Posted on 19-07-2010 12:52
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

id be fine with either I think both are great actors...but if whoever they chose can act then I really dont care so much.

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.