Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOWN SQUARE | Shopping Cart

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 22-10-2005 00:25
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

sigh, lets try this again.

the strangle sleeves joker is finally popping up, as is the riddler and freeze.

still no sign of Ducard. im getting real irritated over this.:upsetw:

i received my Returns lobby cards that i got off ebay along with the toy biz projector gun. 2 more pieces and ill have the entire toy biz Batman line.Smile

i also just won a single 89 press photo.

oh, and after losing twice on previous auctions i finally got the 89 play doh set.

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 26-10-2005 11:04
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

well, still no Ducards. As a matter of fact Begins merch. is becoming more and more scarce around here. All the stores are starting to cut back the Begins section, but to my anger, its not being picked up byTB stuff.

Still having a rough time finding Corgi's. TRUs still has the very first releases, Target doesnt even carry them, and Wal Mart is too sparatic to get a handle on when they stock them. I may have to rely on trades or ebay.

Ebay continues to be my main shopping venue. I have been able to track down a total of 4 variations on the Returns cereal box. I picked up a set of 89 post cards.I have just received my set of "out of country" 89 movie cups from Pepsi.

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 26-10-2005 15:07
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Very similar situation over here, kinda frustrating. All I can do is hope that stuff comes.

Huh, didn't know there were four variations of the Returns cereal box too. I like the image on the back with the kid playing with Batman figures.

We have a set of '89 UK drinking glasses on the site, they look really cool. I'd love to find a set for myself.

Edited by Caleson on 26-10-2005 15:10
Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 30-10-2005 20:00
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

ok, went to wally world last night and was happy to find that they had back in stock the Corgi gift packs. unfortunately i didnt have the money to pick up the 2 that i wanted. i was going to put them in layaway but i would have been standing in line for a hour, and i wasnt waiting that long. i will get these eventually. they also had more of the Ra's wave of Begins figures, and again, no Ducards. The Batman continues to be missing from the wal mart shelves. i did find the wal mart Batman ornaments. they have 3 styles of Begins and 4 comic based Batmobiles. all of these are uber nice and very affordable ($5). the paint jobs on these are 10 times better than the ones being sold at Target. i definitely want to pick a couple of these up.

Target is starting to get in the newest wave of TB figures. Freeze is becoming easier to find here. Begins merchandise is slowly disappearing from the Target shelves.

Toys R Us is starting to disappoint me again. havent seen anything new on their shelves for awhile, and the whole Batman section is getting smaller and smaller. making room for the new Kong toys. why?

all this is really making the prospect of finding a Ducard at retail a loss cause. looks like i may have to rely on ebay for him.

man, i want Kenner/Hasbro back.

on the DC Direct front, i was talking to Greg (my buddy owns the areas 2 comic shops) and he was telling me how the sales on these figs have really dropped off. he even was given the oppertunity by Diamond to cut his future orders down if he wanted. and he did. he has alot of figure setting on his shelves and even marked some of them down. we agreed, DC Direct is over flooding the market with lines. the prices shops have to charge is so high its hard for "average joes" to keep up financially. same goes for all the statues and busts. used to be only a couple good quality statues were available each year. now, they offer something almost every month and i must say, the quality isnt as good as it should be. i really forsee a backlash coming in this market very soon.

anyhoo, thats my market watch for this week.

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 01-11-2005 22:13
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

well, i went back to wal mart today and put 2 of the Corgi gift packs, i single and some of those ornaments in layaway. thank goodness wal mart still offers it, i didnt have the cash and i dont want to miss out on these items. especially the Corgis, they're just too hard to get ahold of around here.

i also ran into Target to pick up episode 3 and did a quick check on the toy pegs, they got in the JLU 3 packs with the comic book. didnt really care for the Bizarro figure, i like the STAS one better.

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 10-11-2005 22:15
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

in this weeks adventure........

Christmas!! items that is. everywhere. the big 3 stores all have ornaments ranging from Batmobiles, Begins, to comic incarnations. they are all affordably priced, the only trick is finding one with a decent paint job. some of these are worth picking up, but i woudnt waist the money on trying to get every one thats available this year.

at Wal Mart i found a Begins popcorn bucket (metal) for $4.50. nice graphics, i did pick this up. i also found a small lunchbox tin with the same old Lee graphics on it for $3. i passed on that for now. there was absolutely nothing on the toy front, again cementing why Wal Mart is the #1 retailer.:rol:

Toys R Us is still stocked with Begins and TB toys. unfortunately its all the same stuff they have had for the last couple months. they do have a couple cool looking Batman Begins stockings. they are in the Christmas section, check them out.

Target had some good findings. there are 4 "candy" items for the holiday season. a net bag on gold wrapped chocolate coins with Begins graphics, a milk chocolate Begins candy figure, a candy container in the form of the Begins communicator, and the Batmobile candy container from last year. i skipped on all the new stuff, it just looked cheap to me. the toy aisle was fully stocked. the newest waves of the Batman are starting to be pretty regular finds. however the 2 villains are no where to be seen. also saw a TB bathroom kit in the soap section.

i think the closer we get to Christmas the more novelty items we may start to see. the desision will be whether or not you want to spend the money on it.

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 11-11-2005 00:09
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

I haven't been hunting for a few weeks, but my brother was in Wal Mart the other week and spotted three regular Ducard figures. He has one for me, just haven't gotten it from him yet. Took pretty damn long, but at least I got it.

I'm interested in seeing that Popcorn Tin, TRU has a Revenge of the Sith one that looks awsome. I'm sure they can put together some nice collage art of Batman Begins, maybe I'll use it as a trash can after eating it.

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 15-11-2005 17:15
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

was out and about today and went into a couple different stores than the usual stops. while in Linens-n-Things i saw that they had a couple of The Batman bathroom items that were supposedly exclusive to Kmart. prices were a couple dollars cheaper.

Also went to Khols and found the Begins Ra's wave for $4.99 a fig. they also had some watches in collectible tins. they have a pretty nice size Christmas section set up too, there i found some of the Christmas ornaments that are popping up at other retailers, but these are out of the boxes, being sold single, and at $9.99 each! cheaper to get them in the box at the other stores.

while in Target i was checking out the holiday section and seen that they have received in some new stock on their Christmas Batman offerings. this batch actually had some better paint jobs. i may end up picking up that snowglobe.

on another side of collecting, ebay, i came across a Begins Ducard in a black ninja outfit. it appears to be on one of those narrow TRUs exclusive type cards. it also is labeled Ra's Al Ghul. the seller is from Canada so this may be a new exclusive, i have a bid on it, we'll see if i can get it cheap.

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 15-11-2005 22:11
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Nice tip on the black Ra's figure. It looks like a TRU exclusive, but maybe it was only sent to Canada. Anybody else know about it?

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 18-11-2005 15:58
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

at Target last night i found the wave 2 deluxe Begins figures. there are only 2 of them, pretty cool looking, but not worth the $10 price tag. especially since wave 1 is still warming the pegs.

also saw the The Batman trading cards in collectible tins in their trading card section. saw a total of 4 different tins. there is also TB bathroom products in gift sets. (combs, soap, kid accessory type stuff)

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 18-11-2005 21:00
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

had to run into wal mart tonight and ended up finding a pretty cool comic styled toothbrush holder. it has a batman figural piece on a base, the base is a rooftop with a big moon behind it. pretty nice for 5 bucks.

also checked the corgis for the heck of it and found that they had restocked. they had all the line up to the Robin car assortment. thats the first time i seen most of those singly. the only other time was in the gift packs, maybe these will be more available with the holiday coming up, thats when i remember seeing alot of them last year.

they had pallets of products all over the place, i may stop back in on Sunday to see if there are any new Begins figs. i still need Ducard!

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 11-12-2005 15:05
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

been a long time since ive seen anything new at retail, finally starting to see the new TB EXP figs. they actually have a couple cool looking variants i may pick up. aside from this, there is nothing new.

since things are slow at retail, im still picking up afew things on ebay. recent additions have included some of the WB repaints of the LoB line, a couple of the LoB figs (retail versions) that was missing, and a Forever batmobile super soaker for $1! MIB!

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 11-12-2005 16:45
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

The roads have been so crappy lately with the constant snowing, I've only gone to work and school the past few weeks. I better not miss the EXP figures.

I just found out about that Forever Super Soaker a few months ago, gotta add that to the Outdoor Fun. Speaking of Super Soakers, I have an '89 watergun that I've never seen before. I'll have to take some photos and show y'all.

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 11-12-2005 17:34
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

is it the Batwing watergun from Toy Biz?

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 11-12-2005 22:21
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Nah, isn't that one. Actually, that Batwing one is made by Blue Box toys. But that must be a branch of Toy Biz, right? Like Tonka made Batman stuff, being a part of Kenner.

The one I have is shaped like a blaster of some sort. I don't recall a company name other than DC Comics of course. I'll get it outta the attic and post about it.

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 11-12-2005 23:41
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Caleson wrote:
Like Tonka made Batman stuff, being a part of Kenner.

Tonka made Batman items?

If there's a Tonka Batmobile Dump Truck I want one!

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 12-12-2005 02:52
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

FlaBat wrote:
Tonka made Batman items?

If there's a Tonka Batmobile Dump Truck I want one!
Hee hee. Yeah, I don't recall seeing any Tonka Batman items back when I was little, but they did do a few toy vehicle sets, like a Batmobile Launcher. You might notice Tonka toys in the last pages of old Kenner catalogs.

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 13-12-2005 15:07
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

ive tried bidding on that Tonks set afew times but it always goes higher than im willing to pay.

i ran into Target today and to my surprise found (FINALLY!) Ducard. the green shirt version, and also the blue Rapid Fire Batman. all Batman figs were on sale for $4.15!!

RE: shadowbat69's shopping cart - Posted on 20-12-2005 21:04
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

the Ras Al Ghul black TRUs fig is starting to hit the pegs in force around here. The EXP figs continue to be a presence at Target but i keep missing the good ones. Ive also noticed alot of JLU stocking. With any luck all the new merchandise will start to hit pretty regularly, im really anxious about getting the new Batmobile.

Ebay continues to be a nice source for some cheap pick ups. Recent wins include a 22" plush Batman (blue and grey) for 99 cents, a set of the plush Batman and Robin dolls from Forever (MIB) for 4.99, i needed a new Batman because my dog ate the ears off him. was also able to get the last WB store Legends fig i neede for the completion of the first wave set and also got one from the second wave. im having fun trying to finish the couple items i need for these lines.

Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.