Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOWN SQUARE | Shopping Cart

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 26-10-2005 15:12
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

I found only one of Strangle Sleeves Joker and one Mr. Freeze at Target last week, with tons of Trap Jaw Batmans of course. No Riddler or Batman to Batbot. They also had a 10" JLU Green Arrow and repainted Superman, no Atom though. I got Joker, Freeze, 10" GA and a cheap Bomb Blast Batman. Of course, no Ducards at all out here either.

I finally got the Begins Trick or Treat bucket from TRU too. It was $3.99 with 20% off. It'll be nice to put M & M's in, or spaghetti and pretend I'm eating Batman's brains.

Most of those new X-Mas ornaments look nice, but there was one 2 Piece set of Batman and the tumbler Batmobile that was painted terribly. I'll consider getting a different set maybe.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 19-11-2005 04:53
User Avatar Drunken Fist
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Caleson wrote:I finally got the Begins Trick or Treat bucket from TRU too. It was $3.99 with 20% off. It'll be nice to put M & M's in, or spaghetti and pretend I'm eating Batman's brains.

I thought I was the only one with that idea. You make me sad. sad
I saw that Trap Jaw Batman here, too. Very odd seeing the name of one of Skeletor's guys being used on a Batman figure. I've seen all the new The Batman figures aside from the Riddler, but I surprised myself by leaving them all on the pegs every time I came across them. I've had to really slack off on buying action figures. Mattel has made it easy, since they keep lowering the quality. The new villains have less articulation, just like the JLU figures, because it's cheaper for Mattel to manufacture that way.
I, too, was mortified by the shoddy work on the "Begins" ornaments. Look like they were painted with a turkey baster.

See my Myspace profile!

CHECK OUT MY BLOG!
drunkenfistboxer Send Private Message
RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 20-11-2005 21:11
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Caleson wrote:
I finally got the Begins Trick or Treat bucket from TRU too. It was $3.99 with 20% off. It'll be nice to put M & M's in, or spaghetti and pretend I'm eating Batman's brains.

Since it's split because it folds in half how would you keep the sauce in?

RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 21-11-2005 01:13
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

FlaBat wrote:
Since it's split because it folds in half how would you keep the sauce in?
Yeah, that was more of a joke than anything. Smile Solid candy like M&M's are probably the only thing it'd be good for, unless I hot-glued or taped around the bottom, which probably wouldn't be worth the trouble. I'd probably want to wash it every once in a while, when I do end up using it. The tag is still on mine.

RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 27-12-2005 19:41
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Wal Mart was filled up with The Batman EXP and tons of Begins (including the goofy villian variants, which I've never seen before). I got the DC Scarecrow and Killer Croc, $8.88 each. No Banes there, and the only Batman I hid up high for now (didn't look the best). Only one EXP Clayface and Riddler, which I snagged.

No DC Superheroes, but Target has plenty of new JLU 3-packs, including the Black Canary and Bizarro ones. I didn't get any because they annoy me so much. I want accessories, but don't want tons of extra Batmans and Supermans. Couldn't find an EXP Batgirl there either...

TRU also had the TNBA-style two-packs 70% off. I may get the Two-Face and Joker ones to repaint 'em.

This is a great time to get any (good) Christmas ornaments and other items, most are half off at Wal Mart, Target and TRU. I got an '80s Batmobile and my ma got me some terribly painted Batman and Robin set...

RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 27-12-2005 21:22
User Avatar Necofurtim
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Man I guess Ill be going hunting tomarrow get rid of these walmart cards...Hope Im as lucky as you!

RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 27-12-2005 22:55
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

[quote]Caleson wrote:
Wal Mart was filled up with The Batman EXP and tons of Begins (including the goofy villian variants, which I've never seen before). quote]do u mean like the white firefly and manbat?those are pretty strange but hey it keeps kids quiet

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 28-12-2005 01:56
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

No, I mean Begins variants; the Skull Strike Scarecrow with green sprayed on him and the orange tunic Ra's. I've never seen either before until now. At $4.80-something I may get Ra's, but probably not Scarecrow.

There are no variations of The Batman Firefly or Man-Bat. The black & white Firefly you see on the card is just the prototype photo, I'm pretty sure of that.

RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 28-12-2005 11:56
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

ohh ic

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 28-12-2005 12:15
User Avatar crisis
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

man u guys lov ur toysbig grin

just kidin'...
so do i!!!

What?
RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 21-02-2006 03:18
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Don't know if this is very widespread, but a lot of stores in my local mall are closing out. Music Land and Suncoast are both leaving town, Suncoast being my favorite store in the mall. Luckily my brother went in to take advantage of the sales. DC Direct's Unmasked line recently hit pegs, but they were marked down to about $10. He got me the entire set. Crisis On Infinite Earths figures were $7, as well as a few other figures from 1st Appearance and Justice League. All-in-all I got about $80 worth of discounted figures. Also got a WWE Classic Superstars Hart Foundation 3-pack marked down to $15 at Wal Mart. Smile

My mom also got me the The Batman Supercool Pedal Car Batmobile from Toys R Us, marked down to $25. Now we'll have to wait and see if I ever have a kid to play with it.

RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 22-02-2006 10:34
User Avatar Panzer
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

wow congrats dude! Im going to call the local Suncoast and see if they are going out of business.

thanks for the heads up!

John Hinton

Panzer's MySpace
http://www.batmancustoms.com/ Send Private Message
RE: NOOOOOO!!!!!! - Posted on 22-02-2006 23:28
User Avatar inzo
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
Medal 

Believe me...THE KIDS WILL DESTROY YOUR STUFF...:yes::yes::yes:
Stay a DINK...:p:p:p

inzo http://www.picturetrail.com Send Private Message
RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 22-02-2006 23:50
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

"Dink"? That a slang for somethin'? Smile

RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 23-02-2006 02:22
User Avatar Panzer
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

man they were all sold out of the B man stuff :mad:

John Hinton

Panzer's MySpace
RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 23-02-2006 08:37
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Caleson wrote:Music Land and Suncoast are both leaving town, Suncoast being my favorite store in the mall.

I went to the mall for the first time since Christmas a couple of weeks ago and the Suncoast had already shut down and moved out. Really bummed me out. I don't really have a reason to go there anymore. That store was great. I guess I should have bought more there.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 23-02-2006 15:02
User Avatar Panzer
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

the ones here were cool to look at , but they were really pricey.

John Hinton

Panzer's MySpace
RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 01-03-2006 22:51
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Apparently my Toys R Us was supposed to be closed by then, but I came in last Thursday and found that everything was 70% off. I thought of getting the Batman Begins Gotham Playset for about $12, but didn't. Of what was left, I got the 35mm Batman Begins Camera, The Batman Batwave, 1:18th Corgi 2000 Batmobile, and 2005 Ra's Al Ghul. It all costed $23.11, and I saved $50.36. big grin

They had to cut open some packages to mark the bar code, which my brother said angered some adult collectors. I didn't mind though. The ride-on Superman machine was also sent back to the vendors, which I figured, but I asked about it anyway. And I guess they don't care about keeping their word on when they close; they'll just wait for everything to be sold. I think that'll be my last visit though.

Rest in Peace, Toys R Us. ::bbbruce::

Darknight wrote:
I went to the mall for the first time since Christmas a couple of weeks ago and the Suncoast had already shut down and moved out. Really bummed me out. I don't really have a reason to go there anymore. That store was great. I guess I should have bought more there.
Yeah, I haven't been there since November or so. I rarely bought anything from the mall, but I guess I liked having Suncoast as sort of a security blanket or something. I always kept my eye on their newest items; it was just expensive.

Has anyone else seen those awful Batman Begins Boxing Gloves at Wal Mart? They're bright, neon orange and yellow with faded artwork of Batman. Looks like some silly toy from the '70s.

RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 02-03-2006 00:33
User Avatar Panzer
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

awesome!

John Hinton

Panzer's MySpace
RE: Caleson's Shopping Cart - Posted on 24-04-2006 15:45
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Target had The Batman's 10" Joker in the Clearance aisle for about $6, or so my brother reports. He bought it for me.

I really haven't been buying much lately. I owe my brother over $100 in clearance action figures he got for me at Suncoast, and after giving my two-week notice, I doubt I'll want to be spending much before getting a new job. I did get some nice figures off eBay a few weeks back, including a loose DC Direct Hal Jordon, Sinestro, 1st Appearance Riddler, and Classic Batman (w/ Batman #1 cover). I can't believe the prices loose figures are reaching on eBay these days, but somehow those basic characters I won didn't go for more than $4.

Still no sign of Superman Returns figures either... :no:

Edited by Caleson on 24-04-2006 15:47
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.