Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | KNIGHTS DOME | Contests And Interviews

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 21-05-2006 18:57
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Guess The Figure Game

I?ve come up with a new game to play.

::yellowyes:: It?s called Guess The Figure Game. It?s easy, I?ll post a picture of an action figure and see which of our Members can guess which figure it is.

::yellowcry:: Well it?s not going to be THAT easy, as the picture will only be a very small part of the figure.

::yellowrolleyes:: I?ll post up to three clues if people are having trouble identifying the figure.

::yellowsmile:: Sorry, I don?t have any prizes, but you get bragging rights for knowing your action figures.

::yellowwinksmile:: So let the game begin.

The first figure is of course BATMAN, so you cannot say Batman and expect to win.
For this figure you will need to name the SERIES OF FIGURES it came from, but be careful because like many Batman figures this one was used more than once.

Guess The Figure #1

CLUE #1: Cut Elbows. Most figures have Pin Elbows, but this one as you can see used Cut Elbows similar to the shoulders on most figures.

Good Luck.

RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 21-05-2006 20:49
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Great idea, FlaBat! ::yellowsmile::

This is actually a bit of a tough one, but I want to do these without any archives help or research. I'll let someone else guess this first one though and see how sharp our members are on the action figure turf. ::yellowwinksmile::

I'm pretty sure I know this... If I'm correct, I have an alternate, black & grey version from a 4-pack.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 21-05-2006 21:31
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Hmm...would it be the one from the Mattel Batman line, the one that was only sold overseas? The name was Battle Attack or something?
RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 22-05-2006 21:30
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Perhaps I should have called it The Stump Caleson Game instead. ::yellowrolleyes::
CLUE# 2: This figure was released three times. First as a single, and twice more in box sets. Each was a different paint scheme, although two of them look almost identical.

Caleson is on the right track. ::yellowwink::

RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 23-05-2006 06:37
User Avatar brucexbatman
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

UM....is this from the Mattel DC superheroes line?

Batman: Year Two
brucexbatmanytb brucexbatman Send Private Message
RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 23-05-2006 08:57
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Hmmm...I can't think of any that have only cut elbows.
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 23-05-2006 12:50
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I am pretty stumped, unless tomorrow's clue helps me out. The figures that are repeated that often (single release and then two box sets) are usually animated, but this one is too muscled to be an animated figure.

Some of the Total Justice sculpts were repeated a lot but noe of the ones I have seen have that joint.

Maybe that will help someone, but that is as close as I can get to it.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 23-05-2006 16:17
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

I'm not exactly hosting, but it's about time for another clue, so what the heck...

CLUE #3: Despite its hunched pose, this figure is particularly tall in scale compared with the DC figure collections that came before it.

RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 23-05-2006 19:48
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

brucexbatman wrote:
UM....is this from the Mattel DC superheroes line?

Is that your Answer? It's wrong, close. but still wrong.

Edited by FlaBat on 23-05-2006 19:50
RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 23-05-2006 20:04
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Caleson wrote:
I'm not exactly hosting, but it's about time for another clue, so what the heck...

CLUE #3: Despite its hunched pose, this figure is particularly tall in scale compared with the DC figure collections that came before it.

True, the pose is sort of hunched over a bit but mostly because the legs are swept back from the knees down. So if you try to stand it straight up it will ?lean?. So to better balance the figure the best pose is to bend it backwards at the knees and then forward at the hips a bit.

I know Caleson knows what this is, and has narrowed it down to two of three. So which is it?

RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 24-05-2006 10:13
User Avatar brucexbatman
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Darn, thought i had got it....:upsetw:

RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 24-05-2006 10:13
User Avatar brucexbatman
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Huh? I'm wrong? I have the Mattel DC superheroes batman, and it is exactly the same as you have described it!This is the one i'm talking about:

Edited by brucexbatman on 24-05-2006 10:23
RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 24-05-2006 12:59
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Except the DCSH has pin elbows, not cut elbows. Flabat's picture shows at least from the top of the glove to the bicep, with a really tight shot of the elbow joint.
RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 24-05-2006 13:14
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I technically cheated and dug around the action figure archives on the site.

THIS is the figure pictured. I didn't know that they put it out again. Interesting how close some of the guesses were, but one significant detail was off.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 24-05-2006 19:54
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Congratulations Darknight, you are correct! No, it?s not cheating to use our archive, that?s what it?s there for.

Guess The Figure #1: The Answer

BATMAN
DC Super Heroes
Hasbro, 1999

This figure included a rooftop base and the card back had a Batman Detective Comics ?Cover? that could be cut out and stood behind the figure.

This Batman figure was used again in 1999 as part of the Toys R Us exclusive, DC Super Heroes Batman & Superman Super Hero Pack which included Batman, Knightfall Batman, Superman and Superman Red. In this 4 pack, Batman was all dark gray (no shorts) with black cowl, gloves and boots and sported a black cloth cape rather than plastic cape.

The last time this figure was seen was in 2003 in the Kay Bee Toys exclusive Batman: Batman vs. The Joker, Endless Duel two pack with The Joker from the previous DC Super Heroes series of figures. Batman was gray and dark blue with the oval Bat Logo being larger than the original single figure.

Of the hundreds of Batman figures released, cut elbows were only used on this Batman figure. Knightfall Batman had articulation at the gloves, but not elbows. The Joker had no elbows at all with his arms pre bent. Both Superman figures had standard pin elbows.

I have not shot pictures of the next figure, but I think it maybe even harder. Muwahahahaha

RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 24-05-2006 21:42
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

I never looked in the archives, but I actually thought it was the Endless Duel version. I thought I remembered the single pack version having a baby blue cowl, so I guess I was wrong anyway.

My black & grey version from the Batman/Superman 4-pack (possibly a TRU exclusive) has a removable cloth cape and looks pretty hunched over without it, so I thought I'd made that a clue. That was a pretty cool series of figures, but it didn't seem to go very far.

This is a neat game. Next time I'll actually make a guess. And I already have some ideas for future rounds. ::yellowsmile::

Edited by Caleson on 24-05-2006 21:46
RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 25-05-2006 09:08
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Huh, I have never seen that figure before in my life. Still, I really like these games, I'm looking forward to seeing what's up next.
RE: Guess The Figure #2 - Posted on 25-05-2006 22:29
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well I was not quite ready for Number 2. I thought the first one would last a week.

Guess The Figure #2

You need to guess the FIGURE NAME and the SERIES of Figures it was in.

CLUE #1: They're Real

Good Luck

RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 25-05-2006 23:07
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I'm going to say Zantanna from the Justice League (Alex Ross) series.
RE: Guess The Figure Game - Posted on 26-05-2006 05:32
User Avatar brucexbatman
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Um....Black Canary from the Justice league Alex Ross series?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.