Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | KNIGHTS DOME | Contests And Interviews

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to new view

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Author Submit Your Mattel Questions!
Chris

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 14-10-2007 20:08
This is a new thread, please submit your questions.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Author RE: Submit Your Mattel Questions!
FlaBat

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 14-10-2007 21:23
1). How does Mattel’s production numbers of DCSH figures compare to the original comic inspired line of 2003? DCSH seems to be harder to find at Retail are retailers not ordering as much or is Mattel producing less product?

2). Man-Bat was an SDCC exclusive, but a brown version was shown on the DCSH card backs. Since the SDCC version was white and in an electronic box, why not go ahead and produce a brown Man-Bat for the regular DCSH line. After all, previous SDCC Batman figures were based on the regular Batman figures in then current lines and even The Batman’s Catwoman was repainted for a TRU exclusive set. Why not do the same for Man-Bat?

3). Kenner / Hasbro did “Anniversary” Batman figures, i.e. 100th Batman figure, 200th Batman figure. By now we should be well over 500 Batman figures, so any new special editions in the future?

kpangilinan

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 14-10-2007 22:09
What's the policy on missing pieces from a figure. I bought the black/gray Batman last week and to my surprise, he was missing his boot print from his right leg. Is there a way I can get that specific part sent to me?
Tom-Tom

Arkham Inmate

Posted on 15-10-2007 07:55
1)will we see those clear plastic flying stands similar to the ones that came with marvel legends at all in DCUC?

2)will we see box-sets (teen titans, batman's rogue gallery, etc.) in DCUC?

3)will we see the re-release of hard to find characters (supergirl, two-face, clayface, etc) during the course of DCUC?

4) after the dark knight toyline has ended, will batman get his own seperate line, to help lesser known characters get in DCUC's assortments? if so, would it be combined with superman similar to DCSH and perhaps named "World's Finest"? (you can have that idea).

Member of:
AFI
OAFE
Hall of Justice
BYTB
Figure Realm
The Everything Forum
TNI

Mod of:
Launching my own site.
Chris

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 15-10-2007 12:23
Tom-Tom wrote:

2)will we see box-sets (teen titans, batman's rogue gallery, etc.) in DCUC?

3)will we see the re-release of hard to find characters (supergirl, two-face, clayface, etc) during the course of DCUC?

Okay, please read the other Q&A's..

answer to #2:

BYTB: Will boxed sets be done, similar to ML?

MATTEL: Nothing to announce quite yet, but this is something we are looking into for late 08. Keep in mind that this line has yet to hit stores so any larger items will depend on how well the basic figures do at retail. If there is demand this is clearly something we would consider.

I'm compiled all of them here:

http://batmanytb.com/viewpage.php?page_id=77

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Tom-Tom

Arkham Inmate

Posted on 15-10-2007 17:50
my bad. it would be cool, though. nice job on the completion.

Member of:
AFI
OAFE
Hall of Justice
BYTB
Figure Realm
The Everything Forum
TNI

Mod of:
Launching my own site.
Edited by Tom-Tom on 15-10-2007 17:55
Batman_Freak

Gotham Civilian

Posted on 15-10-2007 20:34
if you are still taking questions here are some, hope these arnt answered!

1~Will they reaslease a Phosphorus and The Batman Lead Lined all black coustume action figures to the stores? If so, When?

2~(im pretty sure they dont have it yet) Will you also realease a The Batman Harley Quinn action firgure?

And thats all! Thanks

<----Cool Batman
Razhwurz

Admin

Caped Crusader

Posted on 17-10-2007 16:56
To Chris:

I notice you took down the notation that you sent him the link to where they said 3 heroes and 3 villians... Does that mean that the statement was erronious?

If not, will he actually answer my question this time? (as he didn't answer it last time I believe it should be sent along side the other 3 questions like you did with the Attack Armour question last round if that's at all possible)

To Mattel:

1. My local Wal-mart has taken down all Mattel toys, and that probably has something to do with the recall; so is there anything Mattel is doing to try and get there toys back on store shelves beyond having customers come in and request Mattel figures.

2. Are there any plans for better online distibution so people like me who can't get your toys at local stores can get them?

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
FlaBat

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 17-10-2007 19:26
Batman_Freak wrote:
if you are still taking questions here are some, hope these arnt answered!

1~Will they reaslease a Phosphorus and The Batman Lead Lined all black coustume action figures to the stores? If so, When?

2~(im pretty sure they dont have it yet) Will you also realease a The Batman Harley Quinn action firgure?

And thats all! Thanks

Well Mattel will not answer anything about unannounced figures. So I’ll take a guess.

Yes, to The Batman Harley Quinn. She was in BTAS and TNBA so she’ll show up in The Batman, maybe even as an SDCC Exclusive.

Maybe, to The Batman in the Lead Lined costume. They repainted an Anti-Freeze The Batman to match the look of the show, so doing yet another variant is not such a big deal.

No, to Phosphorus. He’s almost a one shot villain so he may never be seen again, so no figure.

Batman_Freak

Gotham Civilian

Posted on 17-10-2007 19:57
Thanks bunches FlaBat, and i might just make a re-paint of one of my other figures and make P!

<----Cool Batman
Chris

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 17-10-2007 20:42
FlaBat wrote:
[quote]Batman_Freak wrote:

No, to Phosphorus. He’s almost a one shot villain so he may never be seen again, so no figure.

Well, we did get Tumbler and Gearhead...

Batman_Freak

Gotham Civilian

Posted on 17-10-2007 20:47
Tumbler? I think u mean TEMBLOR right? plus yea he was in only 2 episodes, so hmmmm MAYBE but ill maybe make a repaint of the JLU Amazo and make him with cracks and stuff.

<----Cool Batman
FlaBat

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 17-10-2007 23:10
That’s a good point that we got Temblor and Metal Head (the name of the figure was different than Gear Head in the TV show), but I still don’t think we get Phosphorous.

Batman_Freak

Gotham Civilian

Posted on 18-10-2007 07:58
1) When will be the next realease of The Batman Shadow Tek action figure line?

2) Will there be any new Batman series coming out?

3) Any new Batmobiles?

<----Cool Batman
Tom-Tom

Arkham Inmate

Posted on 18-10-2007 17:50
Razhwurz wrote:
If not, will he actually answer my question this time? (as he didn't answer it last time I believe it should be sent along side the other 3 questions like you did with the Attack Armour question last round if that's at all possible)

thats just cuz ive been ing about it for the past half year.

Member of:
AFI
OAFE
Hall of Justice
BYTB
Figure Realm
The Everything Forum
TNI

Mod of:
Launching my own site.
Razhwurz

Admin

Caped Crusader

Posted on 18-10-2007 18:08
Tom-Tom wrote:
Razhwurz wrote:

thats just cuz ive been ing about it for the past half year.

I'm not saying to do it for the same reason, I'm saying to do it because they chose to answer that one and if the answer they gave was erronious then I think we deserve the real one.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
FlaBat

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 18-10-2007 19:03
Tom-Tom wrote:
1)will we see those clear plastic flying stands similar to the ones that came with marvel legends at all in DCUC?

Those would be cool. I’ve been playing around with ideas to have “flying” displays. So far my best idea is a Desk Spindle, it’s a thin pointed spike with a round base that sits on a desk and you punch paper and receipts and stuff over it.

I could drill a small hole into the foot of a figure or underside of a Batplane and slide it onto the spike. The only thing is these things are usually black, not clear.

Edited by FlaBat on 18-10-2007 19:06
FlaBat

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 18-10-2007 20:00
OK, so I thought why not try the idea I just posted. It took only a few minutes and Superman seemed a logical choice.

I drilled a small pilot “divot” so I had a place to catch the drill. Then I drilled a deeper hole at an angle into the foot until I felt it push through. I did not see it come out, my guess is it is hidden by the joint. Then I dilled the bigger hole to match the spindle size and slide teh foot on over the Spindle

Then I had to bend the Spindle. I bent it down one way at an angle near the base then bent it back the other way trying to curve it higher on the Spindle to try and center the base under the figure so it would balance.

It’s not perfect, but it’s not too bad either. I could have used a vise and pliers to bend it, but it was all done by hand in a few minutes.

FlaBat

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 19-10-2007 21:39
OK, lets get back on track with another question about an issue that ticks me off.

On Box Set Multi Packs, can you put in more than just ONE EXCLUSIVE FIGURE?

I saw tonight a new TRU set with Five Re-Releases and One “exclusive” repaint of Catwoman in green. I passed on it as those have a high price point. There have aloes been other 4 packs with only one new figure. This is annoys me to no end. At least half the set, if not more should be “exclusive” figures.

Ed Schulz

Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Posted on 20-10-2007 11:05
My ? is in regards to the DC Super Friends line.

Are there any plans for a Green Lantern Hal Jordan Super Friends action figure in the near future?riddler2

"Wars come and go, but all soldiers stay eternal."

-Tupac Shakur
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.