Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TELEVISION NETWORK | Batman TV Shows

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Batman Begins...In The Big Easy!!! - Posted on 25-01-2009 11:02
User Avatar AH3RD
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

The 1966-68 Batman TV series made its off-network syndie premiere in my bailiwick, New Orleans, Louisiana, on the afternoon of Monday, September 4, 1972. (Yes, daytime TV babyboomers, the exact same Labor Day which saw the debut of CBS game shows The Joker's Wild, The New Price Is Right and Gambit.)

It, as the ad (from the Sept. 3, 1972 TV section of The Times-Picayune) I have provided for you attests, was first shown on indie station-turned-WB affilliate-turned-ABC affilliate WGNO-TV Channel 26 every Monday-Friday @ 3:30 p.m. Later on, it would be moved to a Sunday morning slot, where I would experience it for the first time and develop a fixation on it which has lasted to this day.

I figured, since this year marks the 40th anniversary of The Caped Crusader's live-action series debut on local stations, I would share this interesting tidbit with my fellow Batophiles. Share your memories!

A Site Dedicated To Favorite Shows - Yours And Mine!

Celebrating Its 10th Anniversary On The World Wide Web! (1997-2007)

Edited by AH3RD on 25-01-2009 11:17
ClassicTVBuff aaronhandy_iii ah07.geo http://tvwebshrine.tvheaven.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Batman Begins...In The Big Easy!!! - Posted on 25-01-2009 17:35
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

2009-1966=43

So we're past the 40th right?

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman Begins...In The Big Easy!!! - Posted on 26-01-2009 20:33
User Avatar AH3RD
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Actually, Batman debuted in syndication (not network) on Labor Day, 1969.

A Site Dedicated To Favorite Shows - Yours And Mine!

Celebrating Its 10th Anniversary On The World Wide Web! (1997-2007)
ClassicTVBuff aaronhandy_iii ah07.geo http://tvwebshrine.tvheaven.com/ Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.