Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TELEVISION NETWORK | Batman TV Shows

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 12-07-2009 00:49
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

It's a thought in my head for HBO as a special or CW for a mini-series/series. It could be connected to Christopher Nolan's films or just simulair or it could be connected to the Nolanverse yet be before Batman Begins as many other fans have thought of like Smallville, Gotham. I would have named it 14 Miles since Gotham is 14 miles from Wayne Manor... Anyways.

Imagine the TDK Batman suit worn by Christian Bale as he fights Sal Maroni in the nightclub... It's kind of been the start of this thought, the feel of the suit in that clip.

I would like it to be before Nolan's films when Bruce is 26...

Villains could be...

Early Edward Nigma/Nashton (not yet Riddler)
Carmine Falcone (small part, maybe not)

I really can't think of many others for this. So what if it wasn't connected to Nolan... I don't know. The whole thought just escaped from my head....

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 12-07-2009 01:14
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

isnt the suit in dark knight too expensive for a tv series? if they go ahead and make a tv series, my vision of the suit would be...
armor underneath, and batsuit spandex over the armor. that way, bats could look the way he does in the comics and still have the armor. i dont know...

but i think a gotham police department tv series would be PERFECT. it would concentrate on gordon and his mcu, and every now and then, batman and robin would show up or something. i think it would be cool.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 12-07-2009 11:38
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

If it were before Before Batman Begins it would make Bruce Wayne still Bruce Wayne. In that way it would be similar to Smallville as Clark Kent is still Clark Kent on that show. (I don’t watch it if I’m wrong, I’m sorry)

So a live action TV show of Batman would have to take place like Gotham Knights did and be between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight the same way Clone Wars was between the Episode III and IV of Star Wars.

If WB produced it they could use everything from the films and it would save on the budget. They did this with the original TV series with Batman The Movie having a budget large enough to add things that they could not have had in the series.

Another thought is a live action TV series might work especially well if they followed some of the canon chronology of the comic books and did Cataclysm, No Mans Land, Knightfall, Knights Quest and so on. There are a lot of epic comic book stories that could benefit a TV series to showcase them rather than just a movie.

RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 12-07-2009 19:18
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

FlaBat wrote:
If it were before Before Batman Begins it would make Bruce Wayne still Bruce Wayne. In that way it would be similar to Smallville as Clark Kent is still Clark Kent on that show. (I don’t watch it if I’m wrong, I’m sorry)

You mean like this: http://www.batman...ucewayne/

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 12-07-2009 21:28
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Don't bring this subject back!!!! The last time someone made a topic about this I mentioned that CW (WB back then) is actually one of the lower budget networks, and that making a quality Batman is far too expensive for said network. I then mentioned how Smallville has pretty weak CGI and everyone yelled at me.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 13-07-2009 01:11
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Chris, that reminds me one of my ideal names for the series: WAYNE

Phil, I had an idea like that but it would be animated like Gotham Knight and it wouldn't feature much of Robin or Batman at all because ussually the casting instructors don't really care for their parts since they would be so small in the series. Probally would have them be cheesy actors or lame suits something like Birds of Prey (live action).

FlaBat, I agree. I would want it to be far from Smallville. Lots of crime and police in this series, lots of training, tasks, maybe Bruce Wayne could basically spy over Gotham (he could be dressed in the flashback of him with Andrea in Mask of the Phantasm) and report crimes to the police anonymously or with an alias like "Bat" which Ra's Al Ghul or another trainer (maybe bring in Slade Wilson as a trainer or Batgirl II's father) give him the animal name of the bat or something...

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 13-07-2009 01:28
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I just got this idea from reading that Bruce Wayne Pilot link...

INT. WAYNE MANOR - NIGHT

BRUCE WAYNE, 27 years old, walks inside of Wayne Manor. ALFRED PENNYWORTH walks down the stairs and stops at BRUCE.

BRUCE
I'm building an Asylum.

ALFRED
Funding.

BRUCE
How'd you know?

ALFRED
It's all over the news.

BRUCE
(sitting down at the couch, grabbing the remote, turns on TV to GCN)

GCN
Twenty-seven year old Bruce Wayne, son of Thomas Wayne, has funded for--

BRUCE
One channel. I need that to change. I'm trying to send a message. If I want to do that, I need to expand.

ALFRED
Another fundraiser?

BRUCE
(smiling, turning off the TV with the remote)
Exactly.

Just a thought...

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 13-07-2009 23:32
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Opinions?

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 14-07-2009 11:13
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

meh. if you ask me, bruce wayne is sorta boring without batman. clark kent is a little more interesting since we get to see how superman grew up with his powers as a teenager up to adulthood. he should be superman by now, but it's still fun to watch sometimes. a show about young bruce wayne would feel the same except even worse. everyone will wait for him to become batman, and it won't happen. lol.

i'd rather have them base a tv series off a comic book story line. no man's land would be fun.

RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 14-07-2009 15:13
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I agree with Phil.

Also, why would Bruce be funding an insane asylum? I mean if the "freaks" like the Joker don't exist yet, why would Bruce be expecting to send criminals to an asylum instead of a prison?

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 14-07-2009 17:03
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Razhwurz, even without the Batman villains existing in Gotham, there are always those people that are insane.

I never said Bruce wouldn't be Batman at the same time. Just the REAL beginning of Batman when he isn't really even known in the media. I mean an incredibly early Batman as opposed to Begins or Year One or The Batman's first season, this would be from the first day he becomes Batman. He could become Batman in the end of the pilot.

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 14-07-2009 18:12
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I don't think Bruce Wayne's intentions were to go after the criminally insane but more of the common criminal like murders, thieves, etc. His rogue's gallery didn't come until after Batman appeared.

You said in the first post it would be connected to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, right? So basically your first episode would be the first half of Batman Begins. Begins basically describes what you wanted: an incredibly early Batman who isn't known in the media.

Its hard to do a Batman show without Batman. Its probably one reason why Birds of Prey didn't succeed.

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 14-07-2009 21:41
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Batman Live Action TV Series? Hmm....Would be interesting. But you probably don't want to hear any of my opinions. LOL!! Although, if I had a budget to do anything Batman related....(discontinued thought).

Although, budget wise, if you wanted to do anything realistic with the Batcave or anything like that, there would be budget restraints or a limited amount of money for technology type stuff. That's the only thing I'm putting my two cents in about.

Other than that....sounds pretty cool.

*Cough.Penguin.Cough* *looks innocent after coughing*

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 14-07-2009 22:03
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Ok TMM, I get what you're saying.

Here's how I think a live action Batman show should be.

It would be best if it was on a network like HBO or Showtime, or maybe "SyFy". That way it could have a proper budget, with good quality CGI, music and actors. It would probably start out as a three episode mini-series, kind of like Battlestar Galactica. If that gets good ratings, then it would be renewed for a 13 episode season.

The miniseries would be Batman's origin. From there the series would most likely take on a formula like the X-files'. Alternating between "Villain of the week" episodes --in which Batman has his first encounters with various members of his rogues guild-- and an arc of Long Halloween inspired episodes in which Batman, Gordon and Dent try to take down the mob; culminating in a two part season finale detailing the origin of Two-face.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 15-07-2009 00:18
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i dunno, it kinda just sounds like cutting up batman begins and the dark knight into episodes...which to me sounds like a waste of time and money.

does anyone else but me want to see a spandex gray and black suited batman?

if anyone has seen batinthesun production bat-fan films, that's sorta what i'd like to see in a tv show. some camp, some darkness, but ultimately it's batman. if you ask me, i am sick and tired of batman in his early years. i wanna see some middle aged batman awesomeness where he's really good at what he does. oh and i'm in need of some robin action. he's only cool in the comics. he needs some screen time!

RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 15-07-2009 09:08
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I like those films like Batman Dead End or the World’s Finest trailer too, but the reality is a spandex hero only works with somebody like Superman. Green Lantern has a ring, Spider-man has his spider sense and super strength. Batman is human and has no superhero powers, so he needs some kind of body armor. That’s why the Nolan films work so well. He did not use the spandex or rubber suits of the past, he based his Batman more on real world solutions.

RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 15-07-2009 14:01
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I think the problem with starting with a Batman at the height of his career is pretty obvious... You can't introduce the characters. If you can't introduce the characters, then you won't get any audience investment.

If the show starts out during one of the major events, than no one would care but die-hard fans. I mean what average viewer would care about Tim Drake without Tim Drake ever being introduced?

Let me go over this idea again. The mini-series would be far more like Batman 89 than Begins. It would begin with Batman in operation, but widely regarded as a urban legend and not a vigilante. It would probably cover his origins rather vaguely in flashback rather than spending a long time anlazing his psyche. The main villain would proabably be a bigger villain, perhaps Riddler or maybe even Joker.

from there ach season would represent a major story arc.

The first season proper would be Long Halloween. It wouldn't be a rip off of TDK because Joker isn't introduced yet, Two-face will get WAAAAAY more screan time, and at the climax of the arc Two-face will have assembled a group of freaks to take down Maroni's empire just like in Long Halloween.

The second season would probably introduce Robin. This Robin character would probably be an amalgam of Dick Grayson and Jason Todd rather than just one or the other. The season would end in either an adaptation of Death in the Family or the Demon's Head.

In the begining of the third season Robin has either quit to become Nightwing or died. Either way the the first few episodes of season three would involve Tim Drake coming under Batman's wing... Gradually through the season Jean Paul Valley will be introduce. Then the final four episodes will be sort of an adaptation of Knightfall.

Season 4 would be No Man's Land.

Anyway, interspersed between the "story arc" episodes would be "villain of the week" episodes. Characters like Clayface, Poison Ivy and Killer Croc will be introduced early on to establish the heavy sci-fi setting. Mr. Freeze would probably be introduced in season two and would be the focus of the two-part mid-season finale.

Supporting characters would include Gordon, Montoya and Bullock in the police force. Barbara Gordon would be introduced as Oracle in the third season, later on becoming Batgirl in season four.

Unfortunatly I just don't think audienced will wait through three differant Robins, so I think it's more fluid with two. As stated before, Robin I would be an amalgam of Grayson and Todd. Having Grayson skill and sense of humor, but with a little more of Todd's edge and anger. Robin three would probably be straight up, undiluted Tim Drake.

After season 1 the series would focus on Bruce's relationships with those around him, and as stated before, it would have a heavy sci-fi vibe.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 15-07-2009 19:13
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

It wouldn't be like Begins or TDK in episodes... I don't know how to explain it really. I wouldn't want a Birds of Prey feel. Maybe a Mask of Phantasm/Batman TAS/slight Begins feel to the series. Perhaps Man-Bat could be included as well as Cluemaster, Scarecrow, and Black Mask.

Batman or Bruce Wayne could be very edgy (drives Tumbler/Batmobile/whatever vehicle over a building with no people inside, or just be more violent).

I like your last comment's take on it, Razhwurz. It's something like what I mean to say... Just in the extremly early years so without sidekicks.

If there was a sidekick, let's get started with Batgirl. The suit would be like in Birds of Prey's pilot. She could steal it from Lucius Fox.... Maybe? Obviously she couldn't make it herself. In this she would start out being 15. Her father, Jim, would still be young like in TDK or Year One.

As for Richard or Tim (here it is for Tim): Timothy Drake is 14, he is in eigth grade, he has dark brown hair, he acts like Jason Todd (whom I think could make a good side character to the show), his parents have been killed in a car crash somehow dealing with Batman being the killer (not really, perhaps it could have been fake Batmen who killed them in a car crash). Tim has found out the secret identity of the Batman and sends randsom videos to Wayne Manor. (I got these Robin ideas from a fake Batman 3 trailer.) He could later steal a custom made suit from Lucius. The suit would look like Phil's drawing of Robin for Batman 3 he did a while ago on Saint Patrick's Day a long with the TDK Batman suit (kelvar black chest).

Another few titles for the series: Year One (even though it's like the graphic novel) or First Knight or Gotham Initiation.

[Alfred Pennyworth]

RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 16-07-2009 20:02
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

but spandex is so much more fun!

and i don't think you need to invest in everyone's origin in order to have an audience to care for them. it'll just happen. there weren't any origin stories for GL nor flash in JL/JLU, but they're two of the most favorites. and i dont think any of the teen titans got an origin story in the show, yet people loved their characterizations...well the fans of the show anyway.

my point is...they can go straight to having the whole bat-crew, and it wont cause any problems. in fact, it'll be better. people have fallen in love with origin stories, and im afraid it's batman begins' fault. lol. can we please move along? how many times do we have to see batman in his early years? i wanna see him when he's in his prime, creating new allies and new enemies.

and from transformers 2's success, i think we can all agree that character development doesn't matter at all to the general audience...only to critics and a select few hardcore movie goers. if the public gets to see batman, robin, nightwing, batgirl, huntress, all at the same time, beating the crap out of bad guys like joker and two face, they'll be satisfied. that's my belief anyway.

but hey...what are the chances of seeing a live action batman show anyway? slim to none?

RE: Batman: The Live Action Series - Posted on 16-07-2009 22:57
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Dude, since when did you hate origins so much?

Here's the way I look at it. BTAS was celebrated for bringing classic characters back into the public eye through interesting new interpretations. The way they did this was through retelling the origin stories. Two-face, Clayface, Poison Ivy, and Mr. Freeze's origins are all widely regarded as some of the heights of the series. In fact, BTAS won an emmy nomination for Robin's origin story, Robin's Reckoning.

Phil Wrote:i wanna see him when he's in his prime, creating new allies and new enemies.

I'd rather see new characters in the comics than in TV shows. I mean occaisionaly you'll get a Harley Quinn, but for the most part you get weak villains like in the first season's of Smallville.

Anyway, we all know Batman only took about a year to reach his peak. Why would it be so bad to watch one season of him getting there?

R.I.P. Heath
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.