Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TELEVISION NETWORK | Batman TV Shows

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
RE: What if... - Posted on 30-12-2009 00:00
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I doubt that a campy Batman would sell today. Batman today would be more like Lost or Heroes with a core group and lots of extras every week. The closest thing we have is Batman The Brave and the Bold which is almost camp enough, but not really.

RE: What if... - Posted on 30-12-2009 10:34
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I see what you mean Fla, it's just too bad Birds of Prey never flew (pun intended) because if it had we could have seen some great crossover episodes with Smallville...and I do agree with you on B:TBATB it is campy but just enough to remind people of Batman 66 without going too far and turning people off to it...Reminds me of the SUPERFRIENDS in a certain waybatman
RE: What if... - Posted on 30-12-2009 11:38
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Batman Brave and the Bold is more of a tribute to Batman in all his incarnations, the episode with Bat-Mite points that out.

Birds Of Prey on the other hand sucked big time.

It is a prime example of straying too far from the source material. Huntress and Black Canary should have looked like Huntress and Black Canary. Batman should have been seen more than he was. He needed to have a cameo in almost every show for it to work. They could have used Nightwing too.

Birds Of Prey should use the concept that B:BatB uses now with Batman and other heroes and villains and showcasing more of the other heroes and villains. It’s not all about Batman in that show. The Birds could have anchored the show and filled it with guest appearances from a DCU Who’s Who every week.

Instead, the writing sucked the acting sucked and the direction sucked. Why does Smallville work and BoP failed? Because BoP had no clue what to do or how to do it.

RE: What if... - Posted on 30-12-2009 15:11
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I think a good idea for BoP would have been having Nightwing there every week to help train Canary and Huntress in the field while Oracle worked her magic in the watchtowerbatman
RE: What if... - Posted on 30-12-2009 22:03
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I think the whole Metahuman thing killed BoP right from the start. I never did get that and don’t recall it being a big part of the comic books. BoP would have been best in a Lost or Heroes type of story. The Birds would be the anchors but Batman, Robin and Nightwing would be in almost every other episode working with the Birds to take down the guest villain of the week. Each episode is part of the bigger story.

RE: What if... - Posted on 31-12-2009 09:46
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I see what you mean Fla, but I think they came up with the Metahuman thing because if memory serves wasn't The X-Men big at that time...producers probably wanted to ride those coat tails as far as possible.
I like your idea of all episodes being separate but leading up to something bigger at the end of the season....almost like 24, kind of like all the villians answering to one MAIN villian and at the end the viewers finally get to see who's was the main mastermind .batman
RE: What if... - Posted on 31-12-2009 10:43
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I would have written it like Lost.

Gotham is the Island

Oracle is John Locke. She overseas everything and has a greater sense of what is going one.

Huntress is Jack and Black Canary is Kate together they work with Oracle and the other heroes in Gotham.

Batman is Sawyer a mysterious loner that comes in to save the day from time to time.
Robin is Hurley with the humor element and helps keep things light.

The Joker is Ben he is in charge of the “Others” Harley Quinn, Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy and other rogues.

The story begins with The Joker in Arkham killing off Falcone. He breaks out of Arkham with Bane and later hunts down Maroni and then Thorne (in separate episodes) as he slowly takes over all the Gotham crime families with help from the “Others”.

Oracle is tracking The Jokers moves and dispatching Huntress and Black Canary to try and take him down. Batman, Robin and Nightwing are also used from time to time but only the “Others” seem to get caught as The Joker is always one step ahead.

It’s a simple formula good vs. bad with some plot twists tossed in to keep it interesting. They could have easily taken plots from some of the comic books and incorporated them into the bigger picture. They put the wrong people in charge and they got horrible results.

RE: What if... - Posted on 31-12-2009 16:19
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

You're right about that Fla, WB saw the success they had with Smallville and figured they could do the same with Birds of Prey, I just wish the same people that do Smallville did Birds of Prey...who knows what might have happend...maybe it might still be on today???batman
RE: What if... - Posted on 02-01-2010 15:54
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Here's another what if...According to Wikipedia, In the early 60s Ed Graham Productions bought the rights for a Saturday Live Action Kids Show like Adventures of Superman and was going to make it for CBS,

Mike Henry, who played the Sheriff's son in Smokey and the Bandit films was picked to play Batman. CBS even had promotional photos taken with Henry in the Batsuit, however that show was never made.

ABC then got the rights and the rest is history,,,,but what if CBS had made their show, how different do you all think things would be for those who were involved in the show we know as Batman and how do yyou think the legacy of Batman would have changedbatman
RE: What if... - Posted on 02-01-2010 23:01
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Mike Henry was Tarzan in 1966 in the film Tarzan and the Valley of Gold. Two more Tarzan films followed in ’67 and ’68. He was a relative unknown when Batman would have been cast with 3 TV episodes and a couple B-Movie films to his credit.

I never heard that he was in the running for Batman but I get the feeling that if CBS had done Batman it would be more like Superfriends was and maybe not quite as campy as the Adam West TV series was.

RE: What if... - Posted on 04-01-2010 12:00
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Sadly FlaBat, that is another What if...we will never know, but it would be fun to speculatebatman
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.