Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TELEVISION NETWORK | Smallville & Past Superman Series

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Absolute Justice - Posted on 06-02-2010 13:04
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

talk about it here!

i guess i sorta liked it, but i was distracted by my dorm hallmates half the time. but i got the impression it wasn't that great. stargirl's acting was...pretty bad. i couldn't take her seriously at all. and well let's just say smallville's universe is so...weird in comparison to the established dcu. they're departure from the original source material can be cool sometimes, but it feels like betrayal at times.

anyways..i thought hawkman's costume was cool. i wish his voice was better though; he tried too hard to be like batman.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Absolute Justice - Posted on 06-02-2010 14:13
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I HATED the actress playing Waller, hell, it looked like a freaking fat suit, and not to sound racist but in her first scene in which she was in the shadows, I thought she was a Latino!! But I did like the Hawkman voice as well as the actor, I just wished that could've been his real voice as well, it fit him since he has that ruff tone to him. I liked the Hawkgirl being dead idea too, not crazy about reincarnation but I admired how Geoff had Hawkman having hope in earth while he waited for her return.

I also hated the plastic tone to the Dr. Fate mask as well as his actor. The mohawk on Icicle was sooooo cheesy! I just wished that Geoff could have gotten in with the designers to make it HIS way rather than this way....

The reference to Lex was awesome but I didn't like how they got a CGI of Superman flying (with the S on his back, since well... I hate the S and so far in Smallville we are assuming there won't be an S). They really shouldn't have been lazy and just got a dang red cape on Tom and lay him down in front of a fan.... I also liked how Martian Manhunter FINALLY got his powers back and turned green with that cameo suit of his Smile

Anyways, in the end it did do justice, I loved the story, just disliked the Hawkman wings and bellybutton, Amanda, the mohawk, but just little things like that. The story - 5/5 The interpretation - 3.5/5

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Absolute Justice - Posted on 06-02-2010 20:25
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The current writers and producers are trying to right some wrongs and get the show to be more with the comic mythos. I was very happy with the episode and is by far the best one yet.

Most of the JSA stuff was source material. Back in the 50's the goverment wanted them to unmasked. There was a lot of refernces and cameos in there that rocked. I do wish they would have addressed the Black Canary issue. Johns said in an interview that the Black Canary in the photo was in fact the current Canary's mother.

The reference about Lex was great, and proves that he is alive. Now the bit with the cape, the yellow S is a must. The CGI part of it is actually cool and just gives us a tease to what Clark will become.

As for Hawkman and Hawkgirl being reincarnated. That is comic source right there. While the Hawks do have a super complicated past, the fact remains that they once they die, if they proclaim their love for each other, they will come back and find each other. I was super happy they included that part!

Overall, I rate it 10 out of 10 and hope to see more of the JSA!

Edited by Chris on 06-02-2010 20:36
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Absolute Justice - Posted on 06-02-2010 21:58
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I thought Absolute Justice was great...I love that the time frame of the JSA was update looked like the 60s to me, they probably used the 60s because of all the unrest because of the Vietnam War and the character from the JSA looked like they would be anti-war(to me anyway)

I liked most of the characters, I just wished there would have been more with Wildcat and Atom.

@Phil, you can't forget that the character of Stargirl was kind of new at the hero thing and having just lost your mentor...

@RBB, The actress that played Amanda Walker was Jackie Brown a popular actress in 70s blaxploitation films

And how about that shocker of an ending with Tess Mercer, I can't wait to see where that storyline goes.

All in all the show was great ***** (5 stars from me), let's hope this is the beginning of bringing more heroes onto Smallville...like a certain dark knight.

RE: Absolute Justice - Posted on 08-02-2010 19:58
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

haha no i realize that, but the girl who played her was such a bad actor. i could NOT take her seriously at all. i couldn't feel sorry for her, it really looked like stargirl was pretending to be sad for the death of star spangled kid.

anyways..i'll have to see it again i guess.

maybe it's cuz i wasn't totally focused on the show while it was playing, but it seemed to have a slow pace. i'm not sure...that's just what it felt like at the time.

RE: Absolute Justice - Posted on 09-02-2010 17:34
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I think the pacing was because of the two hour show, we as fans are so used to having so much happen within the hour stretching it to two hours could have been a mistake (not that I didn't like it I did)...They could have split it into 2 parts to build the suspense.
RE: Absolute Justice - Posted on 09-02-2010 18:31
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It was originally 2 parts, then they decided to make a 2 hour movie out of it. I thought the packing was a nice change, they actually developed the characters this time. Not like Legion where, unless you're a big fan of them, you just don't know to much about them.

I really hope for more shows like this, and with the ratings they received, we just might! I'm waiting for a movie event with all of the heroes we've seen so far..

Green Arrow
Impulse
Cyborg
Aquaman
Black Canary
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Twins
Zantanna
Legion Of Superheroes
Hawkman
Stargirl
Plus some more JSA members

Man that would rock!
Hawkman

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Absolute Justice - Posted on 09-02-2010 23:08
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

and maybe superman next time? hahaha. i don't have too much of a problem with his current suit, in fact it looks just like the one i created some time ago..except mine was red and blue, not all black. anyone remember that? haha oh, well.

i guess the only problem with having superman is it would end smallville all together...which i actually don't have a problem with. i think it's about time they spin off into a show called "metropolis"

RE: Absolute Justice - Posted on 10-02-2010 15:38
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@Chris and Phil...If the producers did that then it would have to be some sort of Crisis on Infinate Earths type storyline to have all the heroes we've seen and ones we have yet to see (if they are going to have more on Smallville) show up in Metropolis and save the Earth.

It could be done if they do it over the span of the last season of the show.
RE: Absolute Justice - Posted on 10-02-2010 18:41
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well.. bring on Darkseid! What an ultimate way to end the series and have Superman finally debut.

RE: Absolute Justice - Posted on 10-02-2010 21:00
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

See I'm not just another pretty faceSmile
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.