Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TELEVISION NETWORK | Other DC TV Shows

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to new view

Author NBC Picks up Live Action Wonder Woman
Detective

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 22-01-2011 01:19
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114146-nbc-picks-up-wonder-woman-after-all

Pretty exciting! What's also cool is that we should be seeing it this fall. I just hope they can pull it off well. Actually, I'm a bit excited and not at the same time, because it's so easy for a show like this to turn out to be a bomb. I rather see a feature film made, but this'll have to do for now I guess.
Author RE: NBC Picks up Live Action Wonder Woman
Razhwurz

Admin

Caped Crusader

Posted on 22-01-2011 15:58
Detective wrote:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/114146-nbc-picks-up-wonder-woman-after-all

Pretty exciting! What's also cool is that we should be seeing it this fall. I just hope they can pull it off well. Actually, I'm a bit excited and not at the same time, because it's so easy for a show like this to turn out to be a bomb. I rather see a feature film made, but this'll have to do for now I guess.

Yeah, I'm deffinitely apprehensive about this. I don't know if anyone has seen NBC's current tentpole superhero show "The Cape," but it's absolutely horrible. One of the worst TV shows I've seen in a very long time (and that's saying something lol) I could deffinitely see NBC screwing up Wonder Woman as a more likely outcome than them doing it right.

What do you think the odds are that Wonder Woman will wear a pantsuit instead of her classic costume? Hell, odds are they won't even make her an Amazon.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Detective

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 23-01-2011 00:20
Yes I've heard pretty bad things about The Cape, never seen an episode myself but the bad criticism is easy to believe.

Razhwurz wrote:What do you think the odds are that Wonder Woman will wear a pantsuit instead of her classic costume? Hell, odds are they won't even make her an Amazon.

It's tough to say. A lot of people hate the new costume she's wearing in the comics these days, others say it's much more practical than a "swimsuit". Personally, I'm on the fence about it, I don't particularly dislike the new suit and I can understand it being more "realistic", but I like the classic look best overall, maybe it's the "classic" quality to it. I think a cool look is that of the original suit with a type of armor touch to it like from DC Universe Online: http://www.dreams...or-r2.jpg

I think that'd be a good look for the TV show.
DavidG

Gotham Civilian

Posted on 15-02-2011 20:44
i think this is great news, i can't wait to see it.
Detective

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 16-02-2011 15:07
The Casting Sheet has been revealed.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/126517-wonder-woman-tv-series-casting-sheet

Sounds okay I guess.
Razhwurz

Admin

Caped Crusader

Posted on 16-02-2011 20:05
What a suprise. Wonder Woman's going to be a high-power business woman. What did I tell you? Here come the pantsuits.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 16-02-2011 20:05
Detective

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 16-02-2011 21:27
Wonder Woman has been cast!

http://dcu.blog.d...e-kelley/

I'm unfamiliar with her, but she looks like she could pull it off. Who knows. Also there's some info on the show, which doesn't really sound like my cup of tea, but it still might be an enjoyable show. But yeah Raz, it seems likely that they will try to go with something different as opposed to the traditional suit. Time will tell I guess.
Edited by Detective on 16-02-2011 21:39
Razhwurz

Admin

Caped Crusader

Posted on 17-02-2011 10:30
I actually remember her role in Smallville. She was that fake Supergirl in season 3. She wasn't a very good actress in that, as I recall.

Ok, so I hadn't realized that the guy who did this was the guy who did Ally McBeal. Here's a new idea to "reinvent" Wonder Woman; Themyscara Enterprises, the business Diana owns, has a UNISEX BATHROOM! And, Wonder Woman settles all her problems by sleeping with people!

R.I.P. Heath
Razhwurz

Admin

Caped Crusader

Posted on 17-02-2011 22:04
Looks like Jett from Batman-On-Film got to review the script for the pilot. And guess what? It's apparently horrendous.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/dccomics-on-film_scriptreview_WONDERWOMAN-tv-show_2-17-11.html

* Diana Themyscira. Diana Themyscira? Anyway, she lives in LA, runs “Themyscira Industries” by day, and kicks crime’s ass by night as Wonder Woman. While everyone knows that the CEO of the company is Wonder Woman, they are completely clueless that “Diana Prince” is the secret identity of both Wonder Woman and Diana Themyscira. How? She does a “Clark Kent” and disguises herself with a ponytail, glasses, and contact lenses.

* She wears some sort of cat suit-ish, spandex outfit. Now she does own the classic Wonder Woman costume -- it’s a HUGE seller for Themyscira Industries apparently -- but the original real deal has been put aside and is hanging in the back of her closet.

* While there’s no invisible plane, there is “The Ultimate Air Machine.” And it’s made by BMW, FYI.

* Music? Oh there’s music! The soundtrack consists of tracks by Beyonce, Katy Perry, Blondie, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, and Christina Aguilera. Yea!

Wow... That is bad.

R.I.P. Heath
Detective

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 27-02-2011 14:24
Yeah why would Wonder Woman's costume ever be compared to a cat-suit? This sounds terrible.

Not sure if I buy all this, would they really have a soundtrack picked already? If these things are true, I would think some things would change before it actually airs.

Anyways, if this all does come true, this will be terrible.
Razhwurz

Admin

Caped Crusader

Posted on 27-02-2011 16:13
Detective wrote:
Yeah why would Wonder Woman's costume ever be compared to a cat-suit? This sounds terrible.

Not sure if I buy all this, would they really have a soundtrack picked already? If these things are true, I would think some things would change before it actually airs.

Anyways, if this all does come true, this will be terrible.

Music is probably just suggestions from the writers. I.E. at the end of the pilot, when the big music montage happens, the script probably calls for "A song by Kanye West or Lady Gaga."

It's important to note that this is only a pilot episode. Even if it gets passed the script stage, they have to do screenings with test audiences. If it does poorly with test audiences they can either A: do a complete overhaul of the project that would hopefully be a lot better, or B: completely abandon the project.

R.I.P. Heath
Detective

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 18-03-2011 17:11
They have the first picture of Adrianne as Wonder Woman

http://dcu.blog.d...er-woman/

Well personally, I like the design of it, kinda a mixture of the classic costume and new costume. But some things needa change, like the "armor" of her costume looks like plastic. The tiara just looks bad in my opinion. But hey, I for one am glad they didn't go with the "catsuit" that was rumored.
Razhwurz

Admin

Caped Crusader

Posted on 18-03-2011 21:39
Hururf OOOoorph

That's hideous. Cheap vinyl and plastic? Really? This show just keeps getting worse and worse.

R.I.P. Heath
Chris

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 19-03-2011 03:40
I'm just curious.. did you guys not see that I have this posted on the news page? I had it up before the Source.. I know I'm slow on the news sometimes, but please check that before you link to another source..

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Chris

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 19-03-2011 04:55
Sorry for the rant above, but please check our news page to make sure I didn't post anything wink

I don't have a big problem with the outfit. I mean, yes it does look a little "cheap" but then again, the special effects team will make it look a little different in post, While nothing will beat the Lynda Carts suit, times change. At least it isn't all black.

I'll be willing to give this more of a chance now than before, but the whole concept in general has me a little concearned. But, we'll see, time will tell...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Detective

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 19-03-2011 15:35
Chris wrote:
I'm just curious.. did you guys not see that I have this posted on the news page? I had it up before the Source.. I know I'm slow on the news sometimes, but please check that before you link to another source..

Hmm, I always check the news. When I posted the link I was fully under the impression that it hadn't been posted on this site yet. I suppose I missed it somehow.

Anyways, honestly I'm still rooting for the series. I agree I'm glad they didn't make it all black. Like I said, I like the design but wish they would use different materials. Also, Adrianne looks pretty good as Wonder Woman in my opinion, I think they made a pretty good choice, looks wise anyways.
Chris

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 30-03-2011 16:38
Looks like they corrected the costume..

http://wonderwoma...-costume/

Detective

W. Indust. Employee

Posted on 30-03-2011 19:58
I like it. The plastic parts, mainly just the wrist shields and belt, are probably my only complaints.

I find it disturbing there's been so much hatred for the actress picked, the looks of the actress that is. I haven't seen so much picky-ness over someone's appearance since I don't know when. Complaints about her mole and "bad boob job," I mean really? I find it ridiculous.
Chris

Webmaster

Medal 
Dark Knight

Posted on 31-03-2011 03:58
I think that she is beautiful, but she would not be my pick for the role of Wonder Woman. But we'll just have to see how she does...

Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.