Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | DC Toys, Collectibles, & Merchandise

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

A Way To Save JLU - Posted on 26-11-2010 11:08
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

A Way To Save JLU

It seems to me that perhaps we are not directing our desire to save JLU to the right people. It is very clear that Mattel is a business and we, the loyal fans, are not Mattel’s customers. As much as we may like to think that we, the collectors are as big a part of Mattel’s customers as the parents and grand parents buying toys for their children, we simply are not. Time and time again Mattel has shown disrespect to the collectors and has little regards for the parents too. No, we are not Mattel’s customers. The retail stores are. The retail stores like Target, Walmart, Toys R Us and the others are who Mattel sells too, not us.

So why not show our concerns for JLU, DCUC and other Mattel product by focusing our attention on the CEO’s of these stores. Why not write Gregg Steinhafel, CEO of Target and thank him for supporting the JLU line all these years. Show him we are loyal Target customers who buy not only JLU but other products at Target as a show of support. We could say we wish the line was better distributed in the Target stores because sometimes it is very hard to find and wish there was more of it to be found in their stores.

I don’t know what type of CEO Gregg Steinhafel is. I do know that a professionally written letter can sometimes go a long way. I know that letter wrinting campaigns have saved TV shows like Star Trek so why not have a letter wrinting campagin to the people that Mattel sells to in order to possibly make them continue to order more from Mattel. Don’t you think that if Gregg Steinhafel got a lot of letters about customers wanting to buy product in his store that he would take notice.

Perhaps if all the members on here and all the other boards that participate in the Ask Matty questions were to all show support for JLU, DCUC and Mattel in general that we just might have a better time finding these products in the stores. We’ll never know unless we try.

Who’s In?

Gregg Steinhafel, CEO
Target Corporate Headquarters
1000 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55403

Dear Mr. Steinhafel

I would like to take a moment of your time to Thank You and Target for continuing to support the DC Universe Justice League Unlimited (JLU) action figures and the DC Universe Classics (DCUC) action figures produced by Mattel. In particular your support of JLU has been amazing as this line has been a Target exclusive for the last few years. Without the support of Target many action figure collectors like myself would not have been able to collect what has become one of the greatest action figure lines of all time.

I am a loyal Target customer and JLU draws me to your stores all the time. While I do not always find the latest JLU action figure I do usually find something else in your stores to buy. I look forward to Target’s continued support of JLU and DCUC and shopping in your stores into 2011 and beyond.

Thank You

You can use the above as an example to go by, but write your own letter and use your own words. Keep it professional, don’t use any foul language or slang and make sure your punctuation is proper. Keep it positive, don’t gripe about the peg warmers, case ratios or lack of product. Keep it short, don’t drone on and on about anything.

Based on recent Matty Q&A’s Target may be sitting on the fence about continuing JLU. At the very least a letter writing campaign will let Target know that there is some value to the JLU line and the more letters the better. Without any letters of support Target could just cancel the orders and JLU dies. If you are a JLU die hard fan then you should take the time to write a letter and hope that you can make a difference.

RE: A Way To Save JLU - Posted on 26-11-2010 16:56
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

These e-mail addresses seem to work, none have bounced back yet. The Cc: ones I got from the Target web site while Greggs I made up following what appears to be the e-mail format they use.

Maybe if its too much trouble to write, print and mail a letter the old fashioned way you can always copy, paste and send an e-mail.

To: Gregg.Steinhafel at target.com;

Cc: Target.Communications (at) target.com; Guest.Relations(at)target.com; randy.cox(at)target.com;

RE: A Way To Save JLU - Posted on 26-11-2010 21:30
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well here’s the answer I got back tonight via e-mail.

“Dear Cully Waggoner,

Thank you for contacting Target Corporation. Gregg Steinhafel has received a copy of your email and has asked me to respond on his behalf.

We're glad to hear you're pleased with our selection of DC Universe Justice League Unlimited action figures and the DC Universe Classics action figures. Your comments are important because they help us learn more about what you're looking for. That's why I've shared your feedback with our Merchandising and Buying teams.

At Target, it's all about having what you're shopping for at a great value. And you've come to expect a lot from us. With your needs in mind, we'll keep working hard to bring you the unique merchandise that fits your lifestyle.

Thanks for writing! We look forward to showing you what's new at Target.

Sincerely,

Amanda
Target Guest Relations”

What does it really mean? Did it save JLU? Some of the e-mail sounds like a canned response but that does not mean that my e-mail to them did not have some effect. Now who else wrote to Target?

RE: A Way To Save JLU - Posted on 01-12-2010 00:20
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

This sounds like a good tactic. I've always been partial to Target, especially when it comes to buying DC figures. To be honest, I've fallen out of collecting figures in recent years but I am impressed with the variety of JLU that's come out and would hate to see fans shortchanged. Retailers are undeniably a linchpin of action figure production; a figure line typically only dies once the retailers stop ordering it.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.