Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | KNIGHTS DOME | YTB's Reviews

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Figure Review: Flamethrower Robin, The Batman ShadowTek - Posted on 10-02-2007 23:23
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Flamethrower Robin
The Batman ShadowTek: Mattel, 2007. Asst K4010, SKU# K4012

With the Teen Titans TV show off the air, The Batman was free to introduce Robin to their series. This new incarnation of Robin does not alter the image or origin too drastically. Basically it?s a reworked Tim Drake style suit with the ?R? reversed, a black R on a yellow circle being the most noticeable change.

SPECS:

4 ?? inches tall, 4 Points of articulation (head, shoulders, waist). Includes a Flamethrower/Launcher, 2 Flame projectiles and stand.

PROS:

It?s the new Robin from The Batman. The sprayops were decent, but there was a little slop on the arms in particular. However, overall it?s not bad?

CONS:

? but it?s not good either. Any action figure with only 4 POA might as well be a statue. The soft rubber arms do not make up for it either. The head is HUGE and the figure is not in scale with other The Batman figures.

OVERALL:

Nice, but this figure deserved better. Robin is almost as important as Batman. More articulation and a smaller head would make it better than it is. It needs the stand if the Flamethrower is snapped on, which works fine for display, but stinks for playing with it. It should have had a Bo Staff or something more Robin like for an accessory.

You?ll want one because it?s Robin, but other than that you could pass on this figure and not be missing much.

RE: Figure Review: Flamethrower Robin, The Batman ShadowTek - Posted on 10-02-2007 23:35
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Nice Flabat. MY son even noticed the big head. In fact, I got tired of him asking me why his head was so big..LOL

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Figure Review: Flamethrower Robin, The Batman ShadowTek - Posted on 11-02-2007 00:01
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Yeah, Robin?s head is way too big. I know it?s sort if drawn that way on the TV show, but in 3D it looks horrible. Batgirl?s head is too big too, but it almost looks normal when you put Robin next to her.

RE: Figure Review: Flamethrower Robin, The Batman ShadowTek - Posted on 11-02-2007 13:28
User Avatar callingcard
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Does anyone know if we will get a figure pack of Oracle, DK Batman, Mr. Freeze and Nightwing???

" Take this guy...armed roberry, double homicide. Got a taste for the theatrics like you and leaves a calling card." Gordon BB
RE: Figure Review: Flamethrower Robin, The Batman ShadowTek - Posted on 11-02-2007 14:02
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

With Mattel.. who knows. I doubt it. We were supose to get a Joker dressed up like Batman figure, but that was scrapped. you know how good that figure would have sold? I swear, it seems Mattel is getting worst than Hasbro.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Figure Review: Flamethrower Robin, The Batman ShadowTek - Posted on 11-02-2007 14:09
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Flamethrower?

"Spaceballs the flamethrower; the kids love this!"

That is one ugly ass figure... And Mattel doesn't even bother to articulate the legs anymore?

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Figure Review: Flamethrower Robin, The Batman ShadowTek - Posted on 11-02-2007 15:29
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Mattel really mess this one up. Badly.
I did pick up Flight Strike Robin, much more playable
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Figure Review: Flamethrower Robin, The Batman ShadowTek - Posted on 12-02-2007 11:18
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Boy, that is pretty nasty. I mostly don't understand the messed up scale. I haven't seen this in stores, but if I do, I'm not sure how much I'll be willing to pay. It's as if he's not even part of the basic The Batman line.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Figure Review: Flamethrower Robin, The Batman ShadowTek - Posted on 13-02-2007 23:41
User Avatar A_Spidey_Fan
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Well, the Robin figure might work better with those slight larger The Batman figures(I think there are 7" and about 9" scale figures). I remember seeing somewhere on a message borad(Maybe Toy News International's, I'm not sure) someone modify a 7" The Batman figure(I think it was something like Ninja Batman or something, but it was red and black, and I think it had Bat like swords in red) to look like a regular The Batman 7" style figure in regular The Batman colours. Maybe Mattel may do a regular looking 7" scale The Batman figure, which this Robin figure will look go next to, though I'm not holding my breath.

But I do agree, for the regular 5" line, Robin should of been like close to 3" tall.
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.