Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Other DC Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > >>
Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 24-10-2005 14:56
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It's back! Since we took our little trip through time, we lost this thread.

THIS IS THE PLOT SYNOPSIS AND REVIEW

There are spoilers in at the link, but there is a page that allows you to make sure that you want to see it.

I have a theory that came to me last night about what may happen. There is a part where the shadowy figures are discussing what they should do. One says that she might even be able to be saved. Who she is is not given.

Real Spoilers Start here:
The opening for the Golden Age Superman to be freed was weakened in the Kingdom. Which was a sequel to Kingdom Come (great story, if you haven't read it, go pick up the tpb ). In Kingdom Come, Superman goes into exile after Lois Lane is killed by the Joker. Other things happen that leads to Superman's self imposed exile, and denial of his humanity.

Kingdom Come was originally an elseworlds, but recent events like the Kingdom and Gog's appearance in the Superman titles have essentially brought it into continuity. This makes the future of the DCU written to an extent, even though it is a future that the characters will never actually reach.

Confused yet? Stay with me, hopefully it will get less foggy.

Infinite Crisis is supposed to be about heroes learning what it means to be heroes. We began with a splintering of the three big heroes, things are going to fall apart. Golden Age Superman is supposed to return, like Superman returns in Kingdom Come, to inspire the heroes to quit whining and do what they are supposed to do.

I think that Superman (ours that has been around since Crisis) is going to quit. Lois will nearly die, but be saved by the Golden Age Supes. Then our Superman will get over himself and return better than ever.

THis is just an idea that hit me, feel free to say how crappy it is. Also post what you think may happen. I can't come up with anything that can feasibly happen to Batman. We have 2 or 3 weeks until issue two comes out, so let the theories fly.

Edited by Darknight on 08-11-2005 13:25
SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 10-11-2005 18:55
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Infinite Crisis #2 came out this week. More developments. Golden Age Lois Lane is dying, and Golden Age Superman believes that the wrong Earth was saved at the end of the Crisis. I will do a full out review this weekend.

Issue 3 looks to be pretty cool. Newsarama.com has released the Lee cover to the third issue. You can see that HERE.

Edited by Darknight on 10-11-2005 18:55
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 10-11-2005 19:42
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Issue three looks interesting.

Could Golden Age Supes be the person behind this Crisis?

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 10-11-2005 23:29
User Avatar BigDaddy Gotham
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

picked up #2 earlier today and read it right away, great stuff. issue 1 was really kool despite me not knoing a whole lot about the DCU outside of bats and some supes. the additional material provided by DK and DF in our original thread helped clear some stuff up, and the simplified version here in issue 2 made it even keel for me now lol. i really like the "holy crap its the end of the freaking universe!" feel to it, but then thats the basic plot lol. but seriously, the story really does grab hold of u, which is what any good story should do. kinda unsettling that it looks like E2 supes wants to get rid of the current universe and bring back his old one. but we'll have to see what happens.

also, considering im primarily a bat fan, its fun to read thru the issue that does evoke emotions but then i come across a a page with bats or joker in this issue's case, and i kinda saiy to myself, "ah yes and now the hometeam" :p:lol: silly i know but oh well.

seems ill be doing plenty of that next month as a big part of the issue focuses on bruce. cant wiat to see what happens next.
-BDGB)

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 11-11-2005 17:13
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

on the cover of #2, that superman on the right looks like tom welling. im not even sure if thats superman..lol

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 12-11-2005 01:38
User Avatar Drunken Fist
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

This issue is one of the best things I've ever read by Geoff Johns, and that's saying something. I finished his Power Girl story in JSA Classified right before I read this, so it flowed very naturally. It was a riveting issue, even better than the first. The George Perez cover is fantastic. Again, I was surprised at how awful the Jim Lee cover is. His Power Girl looks okay, but the other characters are very poorly done. He even got the S-Shild symbol wrong on Earth 2 Superman. :rolleyes: Sure, a lot of people won't notice, but the guy who's getting paid a few grand to draw the cover should know what he's drawing. I'm suprised editorial didn't catch that. I notice that, on his cover for issue three-- which is far, far better than the covers he provided for the first 2 issues-- Lee got the S-Shield right. So, at least he seems to have learned from his mistake. Still, even though I like his cover for issue 3, the Perez cover is still far superior. It's no contest for me when deciding which one I'll get. Smile
Anyway, like I said, great issue. The Perez-pencilled "history of the DCU' sequence was great, although I noticed that he was not credited anywhere in the issue. We didn't get another bombshell like Batman's jaw-dropping "when you were dead" line in issue one, but I did feel a chill when Earth 2 Superman proclaimed, "We saved the wrong earth." It was interesting to see his musings on how the mood of the new universe turned darker, seeing as how we all know those were all sales-boosting events devised by the creative teams on the books. Interesting to see a take on those from the perspective of one of the characters who actually lives in the DCU.

See my Myspace profile!

CHECK OUT MY BLOG!
drunkenfistboxer Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 12-11-2005 09:41
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

after reading issue 2 i must say im getting a little worried. not with the series, but with whats going to happen after the series. i dont know where DC plans on taking the characters. i remember an interview afew months back where it was said that after the crisis youll see the same characters, but there may be different people behind the masks. which is really leading me to believe we may be in for some total changes with our favorite characters. im anxious to see how this end up, and a little scared.

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 12-11-2005 09:45
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The one thing I think we can be certain of.. the core members will stay the same.

Does that mean they won't put a new person under the Batman cowl? I can see it happening for a year or so, just like Knightfall. And just like Knightfall, Bruce will come back.

I hate when they do stuff like that though. How many freak'n reboots are they going to have?

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 12-11-2005 10:45
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

wait wuhhtt??? bruce isnt batman anymore? well...i dont think i can stand one year with bruce not being batman...unless its tim drake. i loved that tim drake batman in teh future TT w/e thing.

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 12-11-2005 16:46
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I have the review up for #2 HERE. Hopefully it will help to clear up anything that might be confusing you guys who don't have a chance to pick up the issues.

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 12-11-2005 23:56
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

superman-2??? superboy prime??? i am sooo lost. im gnna pick up the graphic novel once it comes out. i dont feel like paying 3 dallors for evry issue.

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 13-11-2005 02:43
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

DK.. correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Superman-2 the VERY first Superman. He's the one that started it all??

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 13-11-2005 10:05
User Avatar shadowbat69
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

beyond wrote:
DK.. correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Superman-2 the VERY first Superman. He's the one that started it all??

i do believe you're right. Earth 2 was the original "universe", it had the Justice Society and what not. i never understood the whole "multi-verse" thing. DC really made a mess of their continuity by doing that. i think they realized it too, thus the Crisis, but it seems like ever since then they have been trying to get it right, like they dont like the way the characters have evolved or the "new" histories they created. that is why we have had Zero Hour and now this new Crisis. i'm tired of all these reboots.

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 14-11-2005 02:02
User Avatar Drunken Fist
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

beyond wrote:

Right, he's the original Superman we met in 1938, courtesy of Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster. DC's history isn't easy to penetrate, but if you take the time to do it, you find an extremely rich universe, filled with all sorts of characters and wonderful places. One of the reasons the Crisis wasn't the clean start it was supposed to be was editorial mismanagement. Marv Wolfman, the mastermind behind Crisis, wanted no one to remember it, or the multiverse. However, the other editors overruled him, and so it was that everyone who participated in the battle with the Anti-Monitor at the dawn of time in issue 10 remembered. After the conclusion of the series, as reality "settled," everyone forgot. What people in the DCU remember of the Crisis is than an impossibly powerful creature called the Anti-Monitor tried to destroy the universe, and very nearly succeeded. There was an enormous battle, and many heroes and villains died trying to stop him. Barry Allen, the Flash at the time, was among them.
But the editors and writers on the various DC comics weren't all on the same page after Crisis, so little continuity contradictions and anomalies popped up. 1994's Zero Hour was an attempt to mop up after the Crisis, and fix all those little contradictions. It's success in this regard was very limited. Hypertime, the brainchild of Grant Morrison and Mark Waid, was another attempt a few years later. After hearing Grant's explanation of it, I felt it was a brilliant idea, but pretty much nobody else in the DC offices was very interested in it. Recently, Dan Didio has stated that Hypertime is gone from the DCU, so that failed, too. They have flat-out stated that Infinite Crisis is not a continuity reboot, so we don't have to worry about that. I don't think we'll see the return of the multiverse, either. at most, we may see Earth 2 return, populated with alternate versions of characters from the merged earth we got after Crisis on Infinite Earths. Paul Levitz's JSA run, beginning in February, certainly looks as if it takes place on Earth 2. Anyway, enough rambling.

For those confused in all the Earth 2 stuff, and wondering exactly who the hell Superboy Prime is, or anything of that nature, check this link out. It should be most helpful. It has a quick Crisis recap, an explanation of the multiverse, and much more invaluable information.
http://newsarama....did=46268

For more info about that upcoming JSA run I mentioned, click this link.
http://newsarama....did=49115

See my Myspace profile!

CHECK OUT MY BLOG!
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 14-11-2005 11:44
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

A little more clarification. I had to use some kind of abbreviations, mainy becxause I am lazy, but I just couldn't time the same thing over and over again. The suffix denotes the world of the Multiverse that the character comes from. Confused? Me too.

Superboy Prime - the only (at least as far as I know) hero of the pre-Crisis world of Earth-Prime. This is our world where there are no heroes (although it seems like we could use a few these days doesn't it?). Superboy was just starting out, and was saved from the destruction of Earth Prime.

Superman-2 - The original Golden Age Superman that first appeared in Action Comics #1. Why 2? When the Silver Age heroes starting hanging around the Golden Age heroes they decided to denote their Earths with numbers. Silver Age Earth (Barry Allen is Flash and Hal Jordan is Green Lantern) is called Earth 1. Golden Age Earth (Jay Garrick is Flash and Alan Scott is Green Lantern) is Earth 2. The Earth 2 heroes are about 20 years +/- older than their Earth 1 counter parts. Earth 1 heroes came first, but as Superman-2 says in Infinite Crisis #2, they were okay with letting the Silver Age guys call themselves Earth 1.

So, instead of writing The Golden Age Original Superman of Earth 2, I decided to just write Superman-2. It might be easier to use Kryptonian names since our Superman is Kal-el and Golden Age Supes is Kal-L, but the difference is a little more subtle than simply a different number.

I will go back and look at my review and see if there is a better way to emphasize the difference. Thanks for the comments.

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 26-11-2005 23:43
User Avatar BigDaddy Gotham
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

good job with the review as always DK. this issue was meant to not only jog power girl's memory but also help fans such as myself who are more or less confused by whats going on lol. and it did a pretty good job. along with it ur review helped clear things up and not have stuff be so foggy, so thanks Smile

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 28-11-2005 00:28
User Avatar Drunken Fist
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Yeah, this issue really saved $30 for everyone who was considering picking up the Crisis On Infinite Earths trade. Smile It was a very good synopsis of the whole deal.

See my Myspace profile!

CHECK OUT MY BLOG!
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 22-12-2005 08:43
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Issue 3 came out this week. Some pretty cool stuff and some puzzling revelations were made. You definitely do not want to miss it.

I'll put some of my thoughts up later, I am having a bit of a time grasping what exactly is going on now.

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 22-12-2005 09:48
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

damn canada i so b hind i dont even kno when # 3 comes out:no:

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 22-12-2005 16:29
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Don't feel bad, I haven't seen a single IC in any of the comic stores around here. I'm just going to wait for the TPB at this point...
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.