Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Other DC Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 7 of 9 << < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 11-03-2006 00:21
User Avatar gogoedward
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

TT 33 was awesome, I'm really interested to see what these 2 guys are up to during the next Infinite Crisis. Nightwing will be a bigger player in the next one I suppose.

Sigh, its annoying reading all these tie-ins but not being able to find a single copy of IC 5. grrrr

gogoedward Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 11-03-2006 02:46
User Avatar Drunken Fist
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

That's gotta suck, not being able to find IC issues. I order mine 2 months ahead of time, so I'm covered. I just wish they'd let me pick which cover I get. they keep sending me Jim Lee covers. I want the Perez covers, dammit!!!

ahem.

Anyway, I thought it was really cool to see Zauriel leading the church service. He's a really cool character who's been neglected since Morrison left JLA. And we've been promised that Nightwing has a HUGE part to play in IC, and for that matter, so does the Joker. Can't wait to see how they fit him in.

See my Myspace profile!

CHECK OUT MY BLOG!
drunkenfistboxer Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 11-03-2006 22:54
User Avatar gogoedward
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

After Joker's brief appaerance killing the Royal Flush gang, I was wondering if he was going to do anything interesting in the series or not. Good to know he will be. Nightwing too.

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 12-03-2006 03:34
User Avatar brucexbatman
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Patience........:p

Batman: Year Two
brucexbatmanytb brucexbatman Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 12-03-2006 10:55
User Avatar crisis
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

i asked i guy that works on the comic batman and he said that the joker dosent come back in ic.

What?
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 13-03-2006 02:47
User Avatar Drunken Fist
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

In one of Newsarama's Crisis Counseling sessions, Dan Didio said that the Joker shows up in the final issue of Infinite Crisis. I'm pretty sure Geoff Johns has mentioned it, too.

See my Myspace profile!

CHECK OUT MY BLOG!
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 13-03-2006 11:25
User Avatar crisis
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

awesome.big grinbig grinbig grin

What?
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 17-03-2006 23:32
User Avatar gogoedward
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I was lucky enough to get what seemed to be the last issue of IC 5 at my comic book store this morning, and it was a great issue. TT 33 made alot more sense after reading this issue. (Terra made it in again, yay, I've really liked seeing characters showing up who don't normally show up that often. Zauriel too.)

It was a little weird that they were all at church, but it was a cool moment. Seeing even Blue Devil and Ragman and others in the church kinda gave a good message. They may not all be the same faith, but they all are there for each other. Yay for happy underlying message.

Superman vs. Superman AWESOME fight there, and the way earh 2 Superman flew off makes me think that he might be going after Alex which should be awesome. (Is it wishful thinking to think about a possible Superman/Superman team up?)

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 18-03-2006 13:44
User Avatar crisis
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

so...
i think oyl isn't really changing that much stuff in the universe. what do you guys think? i mean, superman willl get his powers back.

What?
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 19-03-2006 01:20
User Avatar gogoedward
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I don't think the point was ever to change anyone's powers, (well except for Wondergirl's anyway) but to redefine how things work in the DCU. (not to mention clean up a few small continuity issues here and there)

I think its too early to say exactly how OYL will affect things, since only one issues of most of the series have come out. Most of them were just set ups for story arcs too so its hard to tell exactly how things will be different.

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 19-03-2006 10:46
User Avatar crisis
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

im not only talking about powers, i mean from from what we've heard. no one major has died yet. and dont say kg beast was major. no one cared about him. he was just another bane wannabe.
and what'd you say happened to wondergirl? i never read tt anual.
i think the titles im waiting for the most from oyl is batman and teen titans. new titans east, doom patrol, and new teen titans!!!!
WOO-HOO!!!

big grinbig grinbig grin

edit - to many smilies

What?
Edited by Chris on 19-03-2006 11:12
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 19-03-2006 12:29
User Avatar crisis
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

beyond!!! how can you have to many smilies?!?!?! is it you who has been taking my smilies out on other threads too?!?!?!?!

mad

EDIT - TO MANY SMILIES!

What?
Edited by Chris on 19-03-2006 18:53
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 19-03-2006 17:54
User Avatar gogoedward
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

That's alot of damn smileys.

And Wondergirl's powers are going to be different because she gets them from Ares and not from Zeus now.

In TT 33 Ares explained to Wondergirl that the reason her powers haven't been working right is because Zeus and all the other gods are leaving this plane due to the Crisis. Ares is leaving as well, but he gave Cassie some of his power if she acknowledged him as family. He said all he wanted was a tie to the mortal world.

The Annual is just about Superboy and Wondergirl taking their relationship to the "next level" wink wink, and then Superboy saying he loves her, will always love her. (sound familiar? it should because Supes said something simliar before he died)

And OYL isn't just about people dying, that wasn't the point either. If anythign Crisis has brought back more people than its killed.

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 19-03-2006 22:53
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I can?t say as I ever cared for the DC Multiverse concept. I started reading, collecting comics again after Crisis On Infinite Earths so except for Zero Hour I missed most of that nonsense.

Well here we ar with another Crisis and I?m not sure what to make of it. I liked Identity Crisis. It was very well written and kept you guessing about who was the killer.

That?s not to say I have not enjoyed the first five installments of Infinite Crisis, I?m just not sure where it?s going or why. Why can?t DC set the DCU once and for all and leave it alone?

Still there has been some great action especially between Superboy and Superboy Prime and Earth 1 and 2 Superman. I?m looking forward to the next couple issues to see how it ends. I just wonder does this and OYL reset everything once and for all?

RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 20-03-2006 00:17
User Avatar Drunken Fist
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

FlaBat wrote:
Why can?t DC set the DCU once and for all and leave it alone?

That's pretty much what IC is for. Didio has said many times that IC is a sequel to Crisis On Infinite Earths, since they wanted to celebrate that epic's 20th anniversary, and it closes the book on that chapter of Dc history. Once and for all, or at least as long as Didio is in charge. Smile OYL is all about looking forward, and moving toward the future. Basically, IC is one last hurrah for the old "Crisis" tales before that chapter is closed.

See my Myspace profile!

CHECK OUT MY BLOG!
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 20-03-2006 11:11
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Courtesy Newsarama, the Jim Lee cover to Infinite Crisis #6 (the sketch at least)

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 20-03-2006 14:23
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

I always get Jim Lee's cover. Sometimes I would think maybe I should've got Perez' covers for certain issues like a movie poster introduction in #1. Either way, I like Lee's cover than Perez maybe because the two worlds hitting doesn't hit me. I'm just questioning whose cover to get on #7.

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 20-03-2006 14:56
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I am betting that the Perez cover is not the final version. I would be surprised if they do not put scenes from around the DCU on the shards.

As for which one to buy, I pick them both up, both are just done too well to pick between the two.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 20-03-2006 17:39
User Avatar crisis
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

you buy both just for covers?! man, i only buy 1 and im obsessed with covers.

do we know what supergirls powers are yet?

What?
RE: Infinite Crisis Discussion Thread SPOILERS - Posted on 20-03-2006 23:35
User Avatar gogoedward
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I've only gotten the Jim Lee covers, except for number one because I liked the Perez cover more.

And Supergirl? she has the same powers s Superman and Superboy more or less, only she can learn and memorize things by observing them and she is resistant to synthetic kryptonite I beleive.

However that was already known, I assume you meant Wondergirl? They haven't said how her powers will change yet. I doubt its gonna be that different though.

Page 7 of 9 << < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.