Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Other DC Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Nominate the best comics of 2007 - Posted on 21-12-2007 22:40
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

The Rules:
1. Nomination period will run from December 23th, 2007 to January 5th, 2008.
2. Please select up to 5 story arcs - if you can't that's cool, try to list your top 3, if not whatever you can.
3. Please include the title of the story arc.
4. When nominating, remember that the story must have concluded during 2007 - why? 'cause the story might start off strong and then go downhill in the last issue.
5. If you change your mind during the nomination period (after rereading the stories or someone nominates one you've forgotten about), please repost your top story arcs. If you post multiple times, I will only count the last one.
6. Once the nomination period ends, the five most popular arcs will be voted on for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Feel free to post one shots as well!

Notes/Exceptions:
Captain America Volume 5 "Death of a Dream" is currently in Act 2 (issue #31-36), so only nominations on Act 1 (issue #25-30)
It's been mentioned before, Invincibles doesn't really have arcs so you can vote for a specific issue.
52 can be nominated on this year, Countdown can't.
English Mangas can be nominated.
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Nominate the best comics of 2007 - Posted on 26-12-2007 09:52
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

This is tough. I am having a little difficulty remembering the stuff from this year.

Here are the best ones I could come up with:

Mighty Avengers "Ultron" #1-6 (not completely sure of the story title) - lots of fun with great Frank Cho art

52 - In our time of major delays in comic releases, I didn't think that they could pull it off, but this really turned out to be a great story

Batman "Batmen of All Nations" #667-679 - This fun little mystery story should be put into some kind of small trade collection, Also the only thing that Morrison has done with Batman since taking the title over that I have really enjoyed

Sinestro Corps Special One Shot - This is the only part of the Corps War I picked up, but it was really good. I am pretty anxious for the trade of the whole arc.

Maybe more will come to me later, but looking back it seems like it was a pretty mediocre year in comics. Hopefully '08 will pan out to be better.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Nominate the best comics of 2007 - Posted on 26-12-2007 22:28
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Here are my top three:

#3: Detective #833-34, "Trust" (Paul Dini/Don Kramer/Wayne Faucher)
One of the things that we've been hearing a lot of over the last few years is how "Jerk Batman" is ruining the character. He's pushing his teammates away, he's ignoring his family, he's alienating the other heroes, etc. Fortunately, we've seen a lot of these problems fixed over the last year or so, and "Trust" is one of the better arcs to feature this. Batman and Zatanna manage to patch up the rift caused by Identity Crisis without relying on amnesia, another universal crisis, or any other cliche.

#2: Detective #826, "Slayride" (Paul Dini/Don Kramer/Wayne Faucher)
IMO, nobody writes the Joker better than Dini. This issue showcased him perfectly, with a mix of humor, cunning, intelligence, and a truly frightning psychotic streak. All the best things from the BTAS Joker but bumped up a notch.

#1: Robin #156, "The High Dive" (Adam Beechen/Freddie E Williams II)
This is unquestionably one of best-written comics I've read. Beechen managed to take a serious issue, put it in the world of capes & cowls, and come out with something that was totally realistic & believable without being preachy or dour. Truly outstanding work.

The complete history of the Batmobile: BatmobileHistory.com
Scale models of Batmobiles & more: spencer1984.com
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: Nominate the best comics of 2007 - Posted on 26-12-2007 22:33
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

ok umm
im not really shure if this one ended in 07 if it didnt just pay me no attention
1-marvel civil war
2-batman of all nations
3-naruto retrive sauske

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Nominate the best comics of 2007 - Posted on 27-12-2007 01:05
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Still going on Matt... Ends next week..... come on guys!
Nominate your favorite comices of 2007!

I nominate

Death of the Dream (Captain America)
Sinestro War
Batman and Son

RE: Nominate the best comics of 2007 - Posted on 27-12-2007 01:05
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

Still going on Matt... Ends next week..... come on guys!
Nominate your favorite comices of 2007!

I nominate

Death of the Dream (Captain America)
Sinestro War
Batman and Son

Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.