Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Other DC Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Comic Book Credits...??? - Posted on 11-11-2009 11:51
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Looking at the front covers of comic books, you always see the main credits go to either the writer and penciller or the writer, penciller, and inker. The why to this has always puzzled me...

I know that every single person who works on a comic book has a very important job n that, but I thought that the 'third' credit would go to the colourist. After all, I think the colourists have a hell of a lot more work to do than the inker, and let's face it, the colour is what truly brings our comic books to life.

Sounds like a pretty dumb idea for a topic, believe me I can see it, but if you were a colourist, wouldn't you be pretty damn pi$$ed that you don't even get the occasional 'third credit' on the front cover of a comic book you worked on?

THE KING IN YELLOW OL 4 ADMIN!!!
RE: Comic Book Credits...??? - Posted on 11-11-2009 13:09
User Avatar cdemink
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Well, I think it's just credited in the order that they worked on the comic.

From writer to artist to inker. At that point adding a fourth credit gets a bit bulky. Though I agree, color is a deal breaker for a lot of comics. And sometimes (in more indie comics) you might actually see a colorist get cover credit. The astounding Nei Ruffino comes to mind in particular.

But on DC books? Not so much.

"Yes I do believe there is a violent thing inside of me."
http://www.batmanytb.com/comics/ Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.