Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | KNIGHTS DOME | Toy Fairs And Comic Cons

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 31-05-2007 00:13
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Comic Con 2007 will take place between July 26th and 29th. One of the highlights are seeing which exclusive figure most of us want, yet can't get.

This year is no expection.

This year, one of the exclusives is one that fans of the Justice Leauge Unlimted figure line has been waiting for. They hinted at the figure last year, and provided us with a look at it during Toy Fair. With each new series, fans had been hoping for it. Well, for most of us, it''ll be either Ebay, or not at all. It's the Shayera/Ray/Green Lantern 3 pack.

From the popular animated series comes this long rumored JLU™ 3-pack featuring the first ever version of JLU™ recruit The Ray™! This is also your only chance to acquire an unmasked Shayera Hol™ as she appeared throughout season 4 and 5 along with her colleague and love interest John Stewart™ the Green Lantern™. Make your Justice League™ collection complete!

The second exclusive, one that I'm sure will be the better of the two, is one that I also feel that we, the fans are getting screwed on. Though, believe me when I say, we will see a version of this one in the stores.. (thats if we can ever find it!)

Here it is!
Dr. Kirk Langstrom™ is presented in all his glory as the hideous creature and sometimes foe of Batman™ – MAN-BAT™! Available exclusively in his albino deco, Man-Bat™ ships in one of the most amazing toy packages ever, with lights, sounds and giant opening bat wings. And be on the look out for an all-clear chase version showing Langstrom, in mid transformation with piercing red eyes!

The Chase:

In the coming weeks, look for more Comi-Con info!

Edited by Chris on 16-07-2007 17:26
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Philly Comi Con - Posted on 16-06-2007 09:03
User Avatar nightwing13
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I am going to the Philly cmi con sunday are these exclusives gonna be available here in philly.
mgreen169@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 16-06-2007 09:21
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

No, I don't think so. Comic Con and Wizard in Chicago.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 22-06-2007 17:29
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Here is the Hot Wheels Exclusive..

1966 TV Series Batmobile™ which is 1/64th Scale in an acrylic case. These will be sold for $20.

Edited by Chris on 22-06-2007 17:31
RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 22-06-2007 19:46
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

SWEET!

Too bad they will be $100 on eBay LOL

RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 24-06-2007 19:57
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

I hope they will be selling those at the toronto comic con

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 16-07-2007 16:18
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Check the first post for new images on Manbat.. you saw em here first!

RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 17-07-2007 15:23
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Reported on RTM and I have confirmed: there will be a 1/18 FLOCKED Batmobile there in addition to the 1/64 we have already seen.

The complete history of the Batmobile: BatmobileHistory.com
Scale models of Batmobiles & more: spencer1984.com
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 17-07-2007 21:24
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

spencer1984 wrote:
Reported on RTM and I have confirmed: there will be a 1/18 FLOCKED Batmobile there in addition to the 1/64 we have already seen.

FLOCKED ??? Do you mean the Bat Fuzz that was on the Barris Batmobiles during the 80's?

Why on Earth would they put out a Bat Fuzz version?

RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 17-07-2007 23:00
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Yes, indeed:

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

Mattel probably figured that most people wouldn't want the flocked version, so they make it a convention exclusive: fewer cars to have to flock and sell, and a guaranteed market. The people who absolutely must have it will pay for it, and most other collectors will be happy to get the gloss black version later.

Edited by spencer1984 on 18-07-2007 06:47
RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 17-07-2007 23:09
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Here are the details:

1:18th Scale Flocked 1966 TV Series Batmobile:
- This will be the first 1966 TV Series Batmobile ever sold in the 1:18 scale
- Total of 525 units made (only 450 will be at Comic-Con, the rest are for internal Mattel and our licensing partners)
- Each one is individually numbered – 1 of 525, 2 of 525, etc.
- $300 each
- Cash Only
- Not available on preview night
- Will sell 100 per day – 50 at 10:30 and 50 at 2 pm
- 1 per person for the show

1:64th Scale Flocked 1966 TV Series Batmobile:
- 8,000 made in acrylic case
- 4,500 at Comic-Con
- 3,500 will be made available on HotWheelsCollectors.com the week after Comic-Con (but S&P will be tacked on)
- $20 each
- Will sell approx. 1000 a day – 500 at 10:30 and 500 at 2 pm
- 200 for preview night
- 1 per person per day

RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 18-07-2007 01:30
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Now here's something worth discussing. I agree that the Ray/Shayera/GL 3-pack probably shouldn't be an exclusive. Ray is one thing, but Shayera is one of the most vital characters to JLU. A pack of exclusive B or C-list characters would be more appropriate.

As for the albino Man-Bat, I don't think we're being screwed there. In fact, that's exactly the kind of figure I like to see as an exclusive. He's really cool and worth getting for any Con-goers, yet he's not an absolute must-have to the collection. That package display makes him all the more interesting but still not a crying shame if we can't all get one.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 18-07-2007 04:10
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I've got pics of the Flocked.. but lll have to post em later.. look for them around 1pm or so..

RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 18-07-2007 06:50
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

So did I, but I was too tired to get them prepped and uploaded before now. That has been fixed Smile

RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 18-07-2007 20:13
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

spencer1984 wrote:
Here are the details:

1:18th Scale Flocked 1966 TV Series Batmobile:
- This will be the first 1966 TV Series Batmobile ever sold in the 1:18 scale
- Total of 525 units made (only 450 will be at Comic-Con, the rest are for internal Mattel and our licensing partners)
- Each one is individually numbered – 1 of 525, 2 of 525, etc.
- $300 each
- Cash Only
- Not available on preview night
- Will sell 100 per day – 50 at 10:30 and 50 at 2 pm
- 1 per person for the show

$300.00 EACH !!! ??? Of a Batmobile with Bat Fuzz on it !!! ??? Is that RIGHT ???

What is Mattel thinking? Do they really want to rip off the collectors like this?

RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 18-07-2007 20:18
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

How much do you bet that they will sell out??

RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 18-07-2007 22:05
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well, since the "mass market" Super Elites go for $249.95, the Con price doesn't seem quite as outrageous. Chris is right, though - they're going to be sold out in no time.

Another way to look at it: the GMP diecast car in 1/24 sold for $450 new, and a very well done model of the '66 can fetch even higher.

RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 19-07-2007 01:10
User Avatar Necofurtim
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

This whole exclusive stuff has gotten out of control, I just can't handle it anymore. I can't get any mattel figures in stores and now I can't get them cause they're reserved for few at a convention. It's all retarded and makes me sick.

RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 27-07-2007 22:25
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Updates!

From the JLU line:

The other villain in the Gorilla Grodd 6 pack is Joker as the Red Hood. Rest of figures are Superman, Batman, Grey/Black Luthor, and Flash. They wanted every hero in pack to have a villain counterpart. Why Red Hood? Because every DC Universe character can now be made in animated style! Legion of Superheroes and Teen Titans animated shows can also be folded into the line. Line name will change in 2008.

SDCC 3-Pack (Ray/Shayera) will not be singles down the road. Line restructuring in 2008- want to make it the final word in collector driven lines. Want line to have as many characters as possible; line will last as long as it continues to sell. Working on case packs, they understand frustrations, and may re-release previously hard to find figures. No plans for JLU Hal Jordan, but looking into it. Charleton heroes (Captain Atom, Question) are possible. Line format will change in 2008. 10" "giant" figures such as Giganta and Atom Smasher possible.

Said they were listening to fans while showing slide of Cheetah, Giganta, Blackhawk, Question, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel. Those are not guaranteed coming, but they know what fans want and are listening. Asked fans to be patient, but big things are coming and getting the master license changed their plans in mid-stream. New JLU to be shown maybe at WW Chicago, but probably later.

The Batman:
Will have Hawkman, Superman, Hal Jordan GL, Martian Manhunter, Flash are all coming.

DC Superfriends:

The Dark Knight:
6" Four Horsemen The Dark Knight line in 2008 to go with 5" regular movie figures. 6" line will have 3 heroes and 3 villains from TDK movie.

DC Superheroes:
Cyborg Superman coming, Batman Series 4: Clayface, Transforming Bruce Wayne, Nightwing (new deco/accessories), Catwoman, Gas Mask Joker (prior overseas release).

DC Universe Classics:

Name changing to DC Universe Classics. First wave will hit shelves in January 2008. Initial heroes to include Red Tornado, Penguin, Etrigan the Demon, Orion, 70’s Batman (new body) with a Build-A-Figure Metamorpho. (Classic) Red Tornado & Penguin (with Penguins) are the chase variant figures. Series 2 will have Firestorm, Harley Quinn, Black Manta, Electric (blue) Superman, Classic Aquaman- Will be shown at WW Chicago. Series 2 BAF not announced. 2008 will see 5 waves of 5 figures, all waves will have BAF. BAF will be 25% larger than regular figure. Variants will have same BAF piece as regular figure, so not needed to complete BAF. Each wave character mix will go together in some way. Themed waves (JSA, all villains, etc.) are being looked at. 6" Wonder Woman and 4H sculpted Robin are coming. Vertigo & Wildstorm characters are off limits.

Info and pics came from: Action Figure Insider & Toy News International

RE: Comic Con 2007 - Posted on 27-07-2007 22:42
User Avatar Azrael24
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

What a load of crap
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.