Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Superman Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 27-06-2006 11:32
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

SUPERMAN HAS RETURNED!!

Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Read reviews here: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_returns/

Edited by Chris on 28-06-2006 07:44
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - Posted on 28-06-2006 01:05
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Just got back and WOW.. I'm heading off to bed so I'll talk about it more tomorrow.. but yes.. Superman has returned and it was Great!

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 28-06-2006 12:08
User Avatar Batfan27
Just Visiting

Awards:
None

Superman Returns was so amazing!!!! big grin They really brought Superman to life!!! Brandon Routh was a great Superman and Clark Kent!! Definitely the best superhero movie ever!!!! big grin

"He's not a fanboy...
...he's a silent follower...
...a watchful defender...
...a DORK KNIGHT..."
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 28-06-2006 12:43
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well.. now I wouldn't say ever.. Begins is still #1 in my eyes. But yea, Returns takes 2nd.

I'm wondering though.. Jason is, by the looks of it, the son of Superman, how will they explain this?? We know that he and Lois spent the night together in SII, but they he made her forget it, so how does she know??

but still, a great movie!

RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 28-06-2006 13:03
User Avatar Batfan27
Just Visiting

Awards:
None

I think they're tied for the best!! Smile

I don't know. But she can't be that stupid not to figure it out. Though a pair of glasses seems to confuse her!! Lol!!

I like when Richard was asking Lois what Superman and Clark weighed and how tall he was, then they started laughing after Clark looked over and gave them that geeky smile!! Lol!!

"He's not a fanboy...
...a DORK KNIGHT..."
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 28-06-2006 16:07
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The geeky smile was probably the best part of Routh's Clark portrayl. Jason being Superman's son is probably something that will be handled more in the sequel.

Batman Begins is better than this mainly because Begins can stand on its own. Superman Returns relied too much on previous knowledge.

However, the short of it is that the movie is great.

If you want to read the long of it CLICK HERE.

Hopefully, I will get to see it again. Things will be different in a theater with people less willing to applaud than those at the opening showing.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 28-06-2006 17:09
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I'll see it prob. 2 more times, once with my dad, then I'll take the kids. Though I'm a little worried with the stab scene, thats kinda intense...

RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 28-06-2006 19:57
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

i went to watch it in 3d today but it was sold out so we got tickets for tomorrow

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 29-06-2006 11:31
User Avatar Batfan27
Just Visiting

Awards:
None

I'm going to see it again in imax. This will be the first time I get to see anything in imax. I'm glad we're seeing it again, I couldn't wait that long for the dvd!! Lol!!

"He's not a fanboy...
...a DORK KNIGHT..."
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 29-06-2006 14:51
User Avatar Tim Drake
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

The movie was pure awesomeness! I think after all our anticipation and suspense we got all we wanted maybe even more! If anyone doubted the actors its safe to say that after seeing the movie they played their characters really well- especially Kevin Spacey! I love tha fact that there were s many tributes towards I and II and not just a story that takes place after those times. I told all my friends who havent seen it yet to watch the first two cuz knowing those movies really wel just makes this one look better and in a way makes more sense. I think the best scene was the very very last- Superman flying around the world and cracking a smile at the camera just like Chirstopher Reeve did it and I was really hoping for that to be the same!

"Look, I never wanted this for myself...but I wanted Batman and Robin back together the way they should be. And if Dick won`t become Robin again...Someone else has to!" - Tim Drake, A LONELY PLACE OF DYING Chapter five: Rebirth
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 30-06-2006 08:10
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

omg i seen it and its awesome especially the 3d scenes,thats my fav movie to date Smile

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 30-06-2006 12:04
User Avatar crisis
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

i already saw it twice. Smile

What?
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 30-06-2006 16:07
User Avatar BigDaddy Gotham
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

just got back from seeing it. ironically just liek last summer with batmanbegins, i tried to go on the first day it came out but things happens which prevented me from doing so. but still well wroth the wait once again. awesome movie! i think they handled the update to the character very well, and at no point did superman seem corny or cheesy as is the case when lookin back at past movies/shows. i think all the actors played their parts well, and together told a very good story. i heard some ppl talking about how the movie dragged on for a bit here and there, but honestly i didnt think it did much at all really. the only time where i thought they stuck with something too long was the scene with lois and superman flying around, they couldve cut a min or two out of that lol. the idea of superman having an illegitiamte kid doesnt seem quite right in my opinion but hey, what comes next in sequels might make up for that later.

all in all BDG gives it two thumbs up, great movie which ill definitely be seeing again. batman begins still my fav but this comes in at a great second. i definitely recommend it to anyone, youll have a blast! Smile

-bdgB)

RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 01-07-2006 17:21
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

My review:

Superman I and Superman II represent the superhero film that, with its themes and how it handled carefully and with the right people, succeed so much that others either were close to that success or didn't at all. I know I never saw Superman III or Supergirl, but my memory does prove I did see Superman IV (though I only know bits from it). That point in the film where Superman tries to get rid of every single nuclear weapon from earth was a good idea. It IS a good idea since Justice League redid it. Of course, that good idea succeeds if does properly, which wasn't. And IV was the reason Superman was gone from movie screens 19 years since then.

However, he wasn't actually gone. We had the comics but media-wise: we had Lois & Clark, the fan-favorites Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, and current live action Smallville show currently airing on WB. We also had other superheroes since then in the Batman films and the Batman Animated series. Then in the new millennium, superheroes made a come back in X-Men, X2, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Hulk, Daredevil, & Fantastic Four. The world since 9/11 was calmed by these films and the changes that were happening still meant we needed the one that started it all: Superman.

Last year, Batman returned (or began) once more in the restart of his series in Batman Begins. WB was trying to bring him back as well with Superman. Only Superman had longer developments. It was natural to have the Dark Knight first, and then the Man of Steel coming in next but we always heard bad news before of nothing coming. Then that was changed. Bryan Singer of X-Men fame was brought in, gave us a new Man of Steel and the filming started. We were getting him again, and now he's here. God knows we need him now, and we got out wish.

SUPERMAN RETURNS!

On Saturday, the first of July, three days after it was released (which I missed the first day because no theatres were around me because of the damn demolition), I was finally going to see it. After a breakfast with the family at Ponderosa Steakhouse, we went to the Regal. Using the ticket I got in my Justice League Season Two DVD set, I went to the IMAX 3D to see the film, while the rest of my family went to the standard Regal seating. Waiting with my nachos and pop, and praying that I didn't leave to take a *censored*, the film started.

How good/ok/bad was the movie? To tell you the truth, I was going in to watch and love the movie no matter what the flaws were. But as a reviewer, it?s my duty to give reason of the doubt and go by the film piece by piece and examining it.

Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El:
Keep this in mind: Brandon Routh IS OUR NEW SUPERMAN. He is now MY Superman. He is perfect to take over the films from Chris Reeve as he has his presence in the film. Superman here is portrayed as a Christ figure. From the shot where he models himself as Jesus on the crucifix, he shows that he is earth's saviour.

Lois Lane
Kate Bosworth handled her pretty well. While her as a mother stretches it, the fact that she is more loving, much like her Post-Crisis makes her more in line with the comics. But one question remains from the film by fans: is she a *censored*? I really wouldn't know but I doubt it. So no.

Lex Luthor
Gene Hackman, back then, was great as Lex Luthor. But today he is known as campy Lex Luthor. Today, if you want a human villain for Superman that is truly villainous, you need a conceiving Luthor. Kevin Spacey just does that. While he adds jokes and a bit of comedy, he is nothing like Hackman. He is evil. More importantly, he's like the comics.

Richard White
A character created for the film and not in the comics. I'm glad I got to see James Marsden. I saw X-Men 1-2 and he was in the film but hidden from the glasses and less focused on. Here, he IS focused on and you see him. The character is a human version of Superman. He flies, well a plane, and saves people. You could say he's what we could be as Superman.

Jason "The Kid"
Another new character for the film, and above all the most talked about. Jason was so sweet and with him next to Lois and Richard, you saw a loving family. It?s pretty oblivious he's Superman's son (I'll get to that later). But anyway, there was nothing wrong with him.

Kitty Kowalski
The Miss Teschmacher of this movie. That?s what fans have been calling her. But in the film, she's nothing like her. She's smart, does throw in jokes, while she does what Luthor tells her she is in no way evil. I liked Parker Posey. I never saw her before in any film and I felt she was wonderful.

Jimmy Olsen & Perry White
Sam Huntington and Frank Langella provided a good portrayal of these characters at the Daily Planet. Jimmy is always the cub reporter trying to get the pictures he needs and Perry is the man who runs to company and knows what will sell and knows whets good to print. They played them very nicely. And I guess Frank involved is due to the fact that he was going to be in the original film but couldn't.

The good things:

The plot behind the film fits well with today and why we need a hero badly. The scene where Clark watches TV and theres news around the world much like what we have here gives that connection. Another thing was that he is trying to find his place in the world that has forgotten him. That is also true in real life as before he was the popular character in comics. Now the most popular are Batman for DC and Spider-Man for Marvel. Don't get me wrong, I like those characters as well. But Superman is the one who started it so he should be the most popular.

In the film; Luthor uses the crystals to make his own land. This sounds like Gene Hackman's Luthor but in fact it isn't. Luthor is more in line with the post-crisis version as he wants power thus making the new land, which oblivious the governments won't let him have. But he can sell the kryptonian technology to anyone who wants it and get his cut. Thus if terrorists get their hands on it, the US would have no choice but to fight fire with fire. Luthor's bargaining chip. So he's a businessman, like the modern one.

The flaws:

The fact that I enjoyed the movie has made me having a tough time on what were flawed. If anything, I could say what they could've done, which wouldn't mean I would be completely against, and that would have nothing to do with what I will later talk about. To start off the bat: Richard and Lois just being engaged and not having a child would be something that was better. Yet, once I thought of this Spider-Man 2 came to me and then I stopped. So this idea wouldn't be good as a rip off.

On something better than that, I think Lois and Clark in love already would've made it more connected to the comics now. Thus when he returns, Lois would still be there for him and he would just have to worry about the world since he left. And if the kid in that idea, still works. I would've liked it if Luthor had his company. Thus if he still did what he did in the film, Luthor at this state wouldn't be easy for Superman to throw him in prison like "snap". It would stop his actions, not stop him from doing it again.

Now the rest:

One of the hard things we've been knowing yet not having a slight clear on is the whole "vague history" thing. Singer said this history is of the first two films serving as the backstory for the new film. Looking at the new film, and the prequel comics, has lead me to consider this: in the Superman Returns timeline, Superman's origin is much like Superman: The Movie. Yet set in the modern world and while each scene occurred, some things were different giving a separation difference between the Superman: The Movie version and Superman Returns one (this can be seen in those prequels as well). For instance; in Superman: The Movie (and the Donner version of Superman II) the images of Jor-El [and Lara] speak to Kal-El as their selves and not like a computer. Plus, he knew if he was talking to Superman or not. In this film, Jor-El speaks similar way, but he is an AI and talks to Luthor thinking its Kal-El.

Many things still happened that is either implied in the new film or is thought of afterwards of viewing. But anyway, that?s how I think this vague history is about.

Things that were scene or mentioned has supported this, even one thing that led me to say that Superman II didn't happen here. Kitti asks Luthor if he had been in the Fortress before. In my mind, he didn't give out a response through his look that suggested it. So that could mean that he didn't go there before, he just figured it out that was where Superman goes to.

Why a reintroduction and not a continuation? Well...I would say "why not" but that?s not a good start for this reason so I'll give a more better one. Well the reason why is probably because of today's generation and what has been affecting them of Superman. In this case: Smallville. Now this doesn't mean the original film is gone because those people know that film. But Smallville isn't about Superman, it?s about Clark Kent. A teenager faces problems with the people around him, and his powers as he grows up. Clark Kent from Smallville and Superman from Superman Returns are two different people. Alot of people would say Smallville is The OC with superpowers and many others would agree and that would be the reason why the film will be needed. If people can associate a teenage Clark Kent, they prolly won't associate an already established Superman. So a reintroduction of who that adult Superman is at the same time following his journey back to his world that has moved on is needed.

Another reason is that the audience would want a modern Superman story anyways and not want a retelling of what they are already seeing on TV with Smallville.

Donner influence bad? Prolly not. There is a reason for that as well as to why these things from the original are being reused: same as Smallville, those things from the '78 classic is all associated with us. One way or another, its what comes to mind and it would be hard for average moviegoers who love that film to not see it on screen and get that feeling.

The American Way? Oh god, alot, I?m not kidding, ALOT of people are saying without that part of the old saying makes Superman not who he is. Tell you this; I would be worried about that if Superman was a pure evil super being. He's not so move on. Plus, he did stand for Truth & Justice only during the Golden Age so he has stood for only that before. I hate it when people, including those on TV, think they know what they're saying on stuff like this which they don't. Superman has stood and is also something else beyond the American way that was the reason why he's still here today: he is the spirit of the people. Is that in the movie? YES! Proving that a superhero is needed in the world. Good enough. Plus, the main one: he is a saviour and a Christ figure. There are shots in the film that say that. 2/3 ain't bad on this. The fact that people think this is bad don't even know Superman.

On the big one: is Jason ("The Kid" named by the fans and those on the boards of many) Superman's son? The two who think so is, of course, Superman & Lois. There's also evidence that even suggests it. But watching the film, and also reading evidence of doubts before-hand, I decided to keep a look out and offer my insight.

Could he as the son of Superman be impossible? Not really. He does seem to do or have things that are related to the Man of Steel. He flings a piano, which screams his child. He spots Superman down in the ocean while others don't, that?s because he saw him trying to stay afloat and in a direction they weren't looking. Lois then says to Superman, "I wanted to tell you that J..." then she speaks in his ear. The ending with Superman's lines Jor-El said to him makes clear that Superman believes Jason to be his son, but there's no hard evidence.

But to many, and me, it?s pretty sure that Jason is Superman's son. Lois knows it, Superman knows it. It is something has to be explored more in the sequel.

Kryptonite is in the film. It?s handled differently here than previously. Here it takes on a more realistic fashion where Superman can go to an area where there is kryptonite and not get infected yet until a couple minutes in. Its more like a disease/virus attacking his body and the effects doesn't pop up unless something happens to him that he can't do anything or until its too late and he dies.

Deleted Scenes: If there were any problems that people might have, it?s due to deleted scenes. The comic book opening, the back to krypton sequence, bits and pieces that weren't included. While Singer did give his reason on why he cut the krypton sequence, that scene as well and the rest were cut for the same reason: time. These movies, it?s always about time. Don't forget, we have a movie here that with the scenes back in would up the time to pass 3 hours. Their goal was around 2 and a half and that?s where they got it but things had to be cut out. Here's hoping for an extended cut.

Overall, this movie was good. Some say otherwise but it is truly up to the audience if they liked it. Case in point: recently reading Ebert's review on this, I checked other reviews filmed by Bryan Singer: he gave bad reviews on them. Not including X-Men 2 but he gave a negative review to Usual Suspects. One of the great thrillers ever made. Either he has lost his critical touch (he loved X-Men 3 for god's sake) or he has a personal hatred for Singer.

I do know this: once the movie ended, everyone clapped and I joined in. They loved it. I hope they make more as more story to tell. I heard people want Sam Raimi to do Superman, but if he did then say hello to a bad Spider-Man movie done by someone else. Same thing with X3. Movie studios can do stupid stuff for selfish reasons. Singer provided hope, human elements, drama and mixed it with action. Singer did a great job on X2 which was better than the original. That?s proof on where the sequel would go since they are out of the way with the introduction and setups.

The only concern I have with the budget is that WB added the actual budget on the film with the money from the failed projects before this. They shouldn't have done this as the money should be focused on the film it made, not with the money on projects where nothing was ever shot.

Superman: battered by changing times & tastes, he still comes back fighting. While he feels more complex, more driven, more different, one thing remains: he is the same guy.

The movie was good. And if you seen it once, see it again.

RATING: 8/10

Look, up in the sky! It?s a bird; it?s a plane, its SUPERMAN!

And he's returned.

P.S. if anyone wants to ask me a question on this, go right ahead.

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 01-07-2006 17:32
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

nice review, surprisingly i read all of it.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 02-07-2006 11:34
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Jett's review of Superman Returns from BATMAN-ON-FILM:

SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE is one of the greatest superhero films of all time. It?s #2 on my own personal list of favorites of that genre and has long been an encumbrance on any attempt to make a new SUPERMAN film since the early 90s.

And rightfully so.

The reason why Batman had to ?Begin? and Superman simply needed to ?Return? is simple. The Batman NEVER had a decent origin film, nor was the definitive Bat-flick ever produced. On the other hand, that was the case when it came to The Man of Steel -- just go back and read the opening sentence of this review.

So last summer (2005), The Batman ?began? in excellent fashion. And this summer, thanks to Mr. Bryan Singer, Superman has returned in all his glory -- as he should have!

No giant spiders and polar bears. No black rubber-suited, gadget-using Kal Els. No -- And you?ve got to love him because he named his son ?Kal El" -- Nick Cage-Clark Kents. No ?dies and returns ala Doomsday? plots. Furthermore, none of that ?He?s an outsider because he?s an alien? nonsense either.

So what is SUPERMAN RETURNS? It?s a GREAT Superman movie, and that?s what matters.

So the BIG question: How does it stack up to SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE? Pretty good, to be honest. Does it top it? In some ways yes, and in some ways no. But SUPERMAN RETURNS isn?t trying to do that actually. I feel that Brian Singer and company aren?t trying to out-Superman SUPERMAN. They aren?t trying to reinvent the wheel either, thank goodness. While SUPERMAN RETURNS pays homage to the original, it also wants to stand on its own merits. And because of that, it succeeds.

I?m not going to bore you all with the plot details as I know you all know what the deal is here. Superman, has returned to earth after a 5 year absence. The world has gotten used to him being gone; as has Lois Lane, who has had a child during Kal El?s absence.

While the people appear to be excited and happy about Superman being back, Lois seems upset and a tad angry about his return. Hmmm, I wonder why?

I?ll cut to the chase here and give you all the good and bad.

Brandon Routh, bravo! He?s beyond good. Not only does he channel Chris Reeve at times, but he also makes the role his own. It's more a case of him being ?Superman.? Brandon?s Clark Kent is ?swell? too. Still nerdy, but he?s not as much of a dork as portrayed by Chris Reeve.

Kevin Spacey, who is one of my favorite actors, is a fantastic Lex. This Lex Luthor is much more sinister than Gene Hackman?s in SUPERMAN. He?s an angry and bitter man hell-bent on revenge. For the first time in live-action, I worked up a good hate for the character as I found myself genuinely despising him. I couldn?t wait for Superman to get his hands on the SOB.

Kate Bosworth as Lois. OK, she?s young, but she comes off older on screen than her actual age. However, it?s still hard at times to believe she?s a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist and the Mom of a five year old. With that said, her performance combined with her chemistry with Routh?s Superman overshadow the negatives.

The plot is alright. The best part of it is Superman having to handle something he didn?t expect -- Lois having moved on with her life. She?s engaged and she?s a mom. You want to hate this Richard (James Marsden) she?s hooked up with, but he?s too good of a guy. It would have been easy to make him an ass and easily dismissed, but that?s not the case. As a result, the audience, as well as The Man of Steel, is conflicted.

Like in the original, Lex has cooked up another land scheme, which was a bit uninspired. Couldn?t he have been up to something else? Anyway, the one cool thing about this land plot is the actual land itself. I won?t give it away, but let?s just say Lex gets hold of ?alien technology? and uses it to carry out his plan.

The action is superb, especially the Spaceshuttle/777 incident. It is one of the best action sequences I?ve seen in a superhero film. What a way to reintroduce the world -- and the audience -- to Superman. And Superman?s comments to the passengers at the end is classic!

The flying? Awesome! You WILL believe a man can fly. Props go out to all the men behind the special effects.

The bad? Well there really isn?t any. But that doesn?t mean that there aren?t any missteps. The aforementioned Lex land scheme has a ?been there, done that? feel to it. There?s not enough explanation of how and why Superman left. We know he went looking for Krypton, and that?s that. And the film ends a bit unresolved.

While SUPERMAN RETURNS is a sequel (and it IS a sequel) to the Chris Reeve films, it also pays tribute to all things Superman. There are nods to the George Reeves TV show and, of course, to the comics. Wait until you see the shot straight out of ACTION COMICS #1. It honors them all, yet does its own thing too.

As a Superman and comic book movie fan, I?m more than pleased with SUPERMAN RETURNS. Kudos to Bryan Singer, Michael Dougherty, and Dan Harris for not trying to ?re-imagine? the character and simply bringing us, well, Superman. It is obvious a lot of love and care went into this project.

Along with last summer?s BATMAN BEGINS, the two oldest and most revered superheroes are back on firm cinematic ground. And a lesson has been learned when it comes to making these films. You stay true to the source material, hire talented filmmakers, and let them do their thing.

So what are you waiting for? Go to the theater immediately because Superman has RETURNED!

JETT'S GRADE: A-
Upon Further Review...

OK, I?ve seen this film 4 times, 3 times since Monday night. I?ve got to admit that has gotten better each time I see it. I highly recommend giving it a go at least twice. There is a lot of stuff you may not get the upon the initial viewing. In fact, a lot of the complaints and criticisms I?ve heard about the film are explained a bit subtlety -- stuff I missed upon my first viewing?.

Standing ovations at every showing I've been too. That's got to be a good thing...

My wife and both sons loved it...

I can?t say enough about Brandon Routh, bless him! This is now HIS role and he?ll forever be known as Superman. He?s so damn good it?s almost beyond description and my appreciation for his performance has grown by -- leaps and bounds (hehehe) -- upon each viewing?

?The Kid? storyline HAS not cornered the filmmakers into a corner. What poppy*censored*! Neither has Superman?s relationship with Lois. If she can move on, so can The Man of Steel?

The flying sequences were so damn good, all I got to say is how do you top it? Props to had for all the F/X crew?

Sam Huntington was damn good as Jim Olsen?

Brandon?s Clark needs more screentime?

Yes, yes, YES, I understand all you post-CRISIS/Byrne fans of The Man of Steel. And yes, SUPERMAN RETURNS, overall, is not a depiction of that interpretation. BUT, y?all got to admit, this film kicked some ass. You Superman fans should be damn proud?

If there is one thing I could say to the filmmakers about the inevitable sequel, don?t include Lex. Let?s go with someone different the next time around. I?d avoid the whole rogue Kryptonian coming to Earth angle as well. Which means, no General Zod. Come on, be creative! That?s what y?all get paid the big bucks to do

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 03-07-2006 02:11
User Avatar brucexbatman
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

beyond wrote:
I'll see it prob. 2 more times, once with my dad, then I'll take the kids. Though I'm a little worried with the stab scene, thats kinda intense...

What stab scene? I haven't watched the movie yet, but i know most of it except this

Batman: Year Two
brucexbatmanytb brucexbatman Send Private Message
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 03-07-2006 05:51
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Go watch it.. and you'll see big grin

RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 04-07-2006 07:56
User Avatar brucexbatman
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Yeah, i jus watched it....but i felt it was a bit too draggy

Batman: Year Two
brucexbatmanytb brucexbatman Send Private Message
RE: OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS TALKBACK - *SPOILERS!!* - - Posted on 04-07-2006 17:28
User Avatar Azrael24
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I saw this last week and i thot it was great! it was almost what i thot it'd be but i also thot it was a little draggy specially towards the end. and not enough action!

still, it had a lot of heart and i like the twist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.