Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Other DCU Projects

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > >>
Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 23-02-2007 10:48
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Source: Variety

Variety reports that Warner Bros. Pictures is looking to make a feature based on super team of the Justice League of America, hiring writing duo Kiernan and Michele Mulroney to write the script. This is the first major action the studio has taken on the project.

The feature film is bound to include some combination of DC's most iconic superheroes, although the studio wouldn't confirm which ones they might be. It's unlikely that the studio and DC Comics, a division of Warner, would opt to feature second-tier characters.

The trade says that in taking on the ambitious project, Warner faces several conundrums.

Now that the Batman and Superman film franchises have been revived, does the studio go after Christian Bale (Batman Begins) and Brandon Routh (Superman Returns) to star in a Justice League pic? The studio is also trying hard to bring Wonder Woman to the big screen. Not to emntion The Flash.

To a large degree, casting will depend upon the story arc for the JLA feature and at what point in the superheroes' lives the plot takes place.

Read more at the link above!

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

Edited by Nate on 28-09-2007 11:37
patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 23-02-2007 11:37
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

If they do this, this'll be the first time heroes from different franchises will come together for a live movie.
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 23-02-2007 11:52
User Avatar batgirl
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

A justice league movie would be awsome!!! I really hope they get Bale and Routh to play Batman and Superman. It wouldn't seem right if they completely changed the characters. But I'm worried, when the JL movie comes out, there won't be another Batman, Superman, or any other hero in there own seperate movie.

RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 23-02-2007 13:31
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Oh please.. I want this too, BUT, they can't even get Wonder Woman and Flash off the ground. We need seperate movies first.

Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Hawkman/girl
Auqaman
Flash
plus alot more...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 23-02-2007 15:23
User Avatar Azrael24
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Could this be why there's also a version of JLA on The Batman? I hope this goes well and actually gets off the ground
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 23-02-2007 16:17
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

It most likely might eb the reason why there won't be a JLA spin off from Smallville.

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 23-02-2007 16:41
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I'm hoping this doesn't happen, or at least Nolan/Bale Batman isn't involved in any way.

Batman Begins was all about Batman in the real world, and every other founding member of the Justice League doesn't make any sense in that world. Putting Nolan's Batman in this movie will kill the Batman Begins franchise.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 23-02-2007 16:43
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 23-02-2007 16:42
User Avatar rabbiredeye
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

If they do this JLA live-action movie I hope they do not include Batman. I can't imagine the JLA movie being anything like Nolan's Batman. It would totally suck.

However, I think having Superman in it would not be a bad idea. SUPERMAN RETURNS was pretty good, but definitely not as good as BATMAN BEGINS. I think Superman works because (1) the movie by Bryan Singer was a sequel to the other SUPERMAN's, while BEGINS was absolutely fresh and new; (2) Superman has super powers; (3) All other Superman movies - besides SUPERMAN 3 - has Lex Luther as the main villain. This would be a great opportunity to show other 'supervillains' as well as allies:

The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc.

I know that Batman is the leader of JLA, but it just would not be the same. I think that if they really feel Batman should be in the JLA movie, then they need to wait, let's say 10 years to make the JLA movie. I mean come on, Batman needs to still be a loner for at least 2 more movies, which would roughly take 5-8 more years.

But you can never guarantee that an actor will return for a sequel.

If they don't use Batman, then I don't have a problem with when the movie is made/released. Aquaman and The Flash is a must.

Warner Bros. just needs to take a breather, take their time and make the best movies possible for the best DC heroes...Batman and Superman.
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 25-02-2007 22:24
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Wonder Woman could probably hold her own in a live action feature film. However, The Flash, Aquaman and certainly Martian Manhunter could not hold up a feature film on their own. I?m not trying to belittle the characters, but I just don?t feel that there is enough of an audience interest for them to make money at the Box Office.

Superman is the leader of the JL and Batman has always had a small as needed role in the group. Batman is more of a loner than the rest and I just don?t know how involved he needs to be in the JL.

While I?d like to see Bale and Routh in their respective roles in a Justice League film, I think they will use other actors for Batman and Superman.

RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 25-02-2007 23:07
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I think, if the story is right, then yes, anty Leaguer could hold their own in a movie.

I mean, thats why Marvel is rocking, did anyone ever thing that Ghost Rider would have a movie? I don't even know anyhting about him, yet I want to see the movie.

The right director, the right story and any of them would rock!

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 26-02-2007 00:00
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

if they do the justice league movie first, they should do a tv series spin-off. that would be cool.

i think characters like blue beetle and atom should get their own movies. that would be really cool.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 26-02-2007 00:59
User Avatar gothamite begins
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Batman, Superman, and maybe Wonder Woman might not be in the film because naturally they would steal the spotlight. People would only care to see the big three (everyone has heard of Superman Batman and Wonder Woman) and not care about the other characters that can really drop ticket sales it could be just flash, green lantern, martian manhunter, and others and still be a great film as long as they have a solid script with character development and a decent plot with no holes (Batman 1989) and a great cast, also we can't forget special effects I for one am hoping to see flash run. The trailer also has to grab a hold on to you. Many movies flop due to a slow trailer and marketing

Smallville's "justice league" really had no major characters (unless you count the rising success of green arrow with female fans) and it was one of the greatest shows of this season Warner Brothers probably want a justice league movie to put the spotlight on the lesser known characters to boost popularity. The studio is out to make money off of the DC superheroes they want to see another Superman the movie and another Batman not just fanboys but the whole movie going world.
It's time for the second string to hit the big leagues.

But it would not hurt to use the last son of krypton
Edited by gothamite begins on 26-02-2007 01:01
http://www.youtube.com/user/trans8010 Send Private Message
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 26-02-2007 12:12
User Avatar TheDarkKnight666
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

http://movies.ign...06p1.html i found this article on ign. Personally im having trouble imagining how this one will pan out, i keep seeing it turning out to be cheesy, but we'll see won't we?

deadroses90 Send Private Message
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 26-02-2007 22:45
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Here are my three MAJOR ideas of what WB should do for the JLA movie. Below I've typed every possible idea for not only to make the movie good to them and us, but marketable as well.

The things that each share is that the story should be that or similar to JLA: Year One. And the origins of heroes like Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter will be tied into the films since, in Wonder Woman's case, there is no franchises yet for them.

The first three below presents the JLA without Superman nor Batman in the team:

1) Wonder Woman & the JLA

BACKGROUND: What many people don't know, or don't remember, is that the JLA started without Superman or Batman. Instead it was Wonder Woman with the Silver Age Flash & Green Lantern with new characters (at the time) Martian Manhunter & Aquaman. Wonder Woman is the leader, with Jonn being second-in-command. Basically I can see the story for this in three ways: 1) Wonder Woman's origin is tied to the origin of the JLA and a team is formed during the fight to stop Ares. 2) Again, WW's origin is tied into JLA's origin, Ares and all, but the second villian is the White Martians which either they captured MM, basing that to JL/JLU, or not. 3) More like taking the X-Men/Ultimate Avengers approach where the characters are already established, with backgrounds of each explored for the non-comic book audience, and the origin is of them creating the team.

Wonder Woman & Flash have two reasons to be in this: because their franchises haven't started and these two are universally known to be in the JLA. The only other character is Martian Manhunter because he is the core member for the JLA's existence, so him in the movie would have to be since of how important he is to the JLA. As for the rest, the other two that make up the five is Green Lantern & Aquaman. JLA: Year One should be looked upon as how Green Lantern and Aquaman should be handled not just in character, but backstory as well. Now if Aquaman isn't in the likely yet, as we're dealing with someone with his own kingdom under the sea, then I think we should have another female in the group: Black Canary. How she could work is by beign Diana's friend when she first comes to Man's World (again, this move using WW's origin) before she meet's the rest of team.

The only alternate team lineup for this are using the four DC-related characters that are in development hell. Wonder Woman & Flash of course, along with Green Lantern & Captain Marvel (who is DC-related even though the last I heard his movie is being developed at New Line).

=======================================

2) Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman & the JLA

BACKGROUND: When people think of JLA, Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman are there in their minds. While the idea of having those three are 50/50, because its a movie and there are problems and concerns, people still want them. The Big Three are important to the DCU and to the JLA anway, since they staretd the team and there is no JLA without the big three. But the problem is the screen time and the concerns of how much do the three, or even the two of Batman & Superman, get used in the film compared to the others. Thats the problem.

The film shoould have Superman & Batman, already know each other but never fought together. Just like the first idea, and all ideas I should say, Wonder Woman's origin is tied to the JLA's origin. So when the three meet, the first act becomes that of the DC Trinity. Now the others to appear that make up the team depend on how many and how important they are. If they add one more, it could be either Flash (because just like Wonder Woman, he doesn't have his franchise up) or Martian Manhunter, since he is again the important character for the JLA's existence. If they want to add two, then its Flash & Green Lantern. The Big Five. If they take this, but want to add some more, I can only see them addign just one more to the addition of Flash and Green Lantern tot he big three and thats Martian Manhunter again. I cannot see the big seven unless for a sequel. So no to Aquaman. This is all because of Superman & Batman in the film with Wonder Woman.

The story could be anything, it just has to be about how these heroes formed the JLA. And having Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern in the film could jump start those their franchises.

=====================================

3) Superman/Wonder Woman & the JLA, Batman & the Outsiders

BACKGROUND: I recently thought of this and this could be the way to go. Now Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman, the big three, are known to be in the JLA. But if you look at it, Superman as the first superhero could be the leader of the team with Wonder Woman being second in command. In a more real mode, Batman may or may not really work out with the JLA. Am'I repeating what Jett said? Yes and no. Yeah, Batman may not work with a real JLA but then again it could work out anyway. But also, back in the eighties/pre-Crisis, Batamn had his own superhero team. Then I thought of this: how about a JLA franchise with Superman & Wonder Woman in it and another new franchise for Batman and the Outsiders. This could work.

I can see a similar storyline with the first idea of still tying Wonder Woman's origin and have Ares plot a third world war. But he's not alone, Luthor has supplied money to help the countries battle each other, where you get Superman. Then you could add the White Martians, where you get Martian Manhunter. The three would meet and team up, but they then realize they need more help. Thats where Flash & Green Lantern come in. Then at the end, a similar scene from JL - Secret Origins happens where Superman comes up with the idea to have a team to face the battles one hero can't handle. So thus the JLA is born. As for more members in the sequels, I can see there being those who are "superheroic". Like Captain Marvel, Hawkman & Hawkgirl, Firestorm, and since I didn't mention him in the first film idea above, Martian Manhunter.

Now for Batman and his Outsiders, I don't have an idea of how the story could be, but it still could use the origin found in the Batman and the Outsiders first issue back in the 1982-1983 (with the obivious action of taking out the JLA scenes). The members in this franchise, this team, would be more grounded and more in a way associated with Batman. So I could see Zatanna, Huntress, Black Lightning and his daughter Thunder, Katana, Metamorpho, Grace, and if the JLA doesn't have her, they could have Black Canary AND Green Arrow. With maybe Arsenal (or Speedy).

So thats it: two superhero franchises of Superman/Wonder Woman & the JLA and Batman & the Outsiders.

=====================================

Overall, I looked at what I said and I can say that I like, and want, the first or third ideas. If I were to rank them, one would be the first idea (Wonder Woman & the JLA), second would be the third (Superman/Wonder Woman/JLA & Batman/Outsiders) and finally the second (Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman and the JLA).

I hope WB will hear me.

So which should they take?

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 02-03-2007 01:37
User Avatar gothamite begins
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Nate wrote:What many people don't know, or don't remember, is that the JLA started without Superman or Batman. Instead it was Wonder Woman with the Silver Age Flash & Green Lantern with new characters (at the time) Martian Manhunter & Aquaman. Wonder Woman is the leader, with Jonn being second-in-command.

Batman and Superman were honorary members and were not on the first mission to defeat starro the conqueror but members none the less in the leauge's first apperence 47 years ago.
To my knowledge the comic book even said that they were on another asignment
http://www.youtube.com/user/trans8010 Send Private Message
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 02-03-2007 03:07
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

You guys are thining of the Justice Society, which I think would be a better movie at this point.

RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 22-03-2007 12:26
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Rumors Glalore!

There has been a ton of speculation in regards to the recently announced Justice League of America movie including rumors that Batman would be a no show, let’s clear this up fast, he will be in JLA... guaranteed!

It’s important to remember that during the Batman Begins roundtables at WonderCon in 2005, Christian Bale told us that he had a clause in his contract that one of the three films he was signed on to do could in fact be an ensemble picture. Now, at the time, everyone was thinking Batman vs. Superman (please excuse the old school iesb) but it could just as easily be something like Justice League.

Click HERE
to read the entire article

RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 22-03-2007 16:29
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

im half and half on this right now

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 15-06-2007 22:29
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The Script has been turned in!

http://www.batmanytb.com/advanced_news/ans.php?readmore=276

RE: WB Eyeing Justice League Movie - Posted on 02-08-2007 20:35
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Nate wrote:
Latino Review has learned that director George Miller is the frontrunner to direct Warner Bros. Pictures' Justice League of America. In case you don't know him, he is well known to have directed Happy Feet. The article states that the source proved right for Finding Neverland and Stranger than Fiction director Marc Morster for James Bond 22, and that source brought this.

The source can be found here:
http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=2562

The second news comes from Collider.com, who not only reported this rumor but also which superheores we might see. That site adds:

[[QUOTE]]The next thing I've heard is which Superheroes might be in the running for the first big budget team-up movie. They would be Superman, Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman and the Green Lantern.

I've also heard from sources that the "Justice League" film is more of a priority for WB than the sequel to "Superman," so don't be surprised if you see Brandon Routh in "Justice League" before any new "Superman" film.

And here’s a last bit of news… the biggest rumor that I’d heard (from another source) is that one of the superheroes in "Justice League" wouldn’t see a sequel. Yup, WB is planning a death. And while I can go further… I’ll stop there and let you wonder who won’t make it.[
]

Source:
http://www.collider.com/entertainment/news/article.asp/aid/5022/tcid/1

It was announced in February that writing duo Kiernan and Michele Mulroney were hired to pen the script. And whether or not you believe Justice League is top priority than the Superman sequel comes into comflict with the fact that Superman: The Man of Steel is still coming regardless of that comment.[/quote]

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.