Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Other DCU Projects

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 8 of 10 << < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 17-11-2007 16:07
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Armie Hammer is not Batman. He doesn't even look the part. Maybe Nightwing..

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 17-11-2007 17:12
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I think they're mostly casting newbs cause they can't get anyone else. I hear that most everyone in the industry isn't exited about this movie, so actors are reluctant to be cast in it.

I also recall that the list of actors they wanted had some pretty big names at the top, and since these guys are almost unheard of, and if the they are indeed cast, then that means a lot (I'm talking somewhere in the field of hundreds) of people turned down this movie.

If they wanted to go for a younger Batman they should have gone with the guy from Without a Trace who looks and sounds almost exactly like Michael Keaton (no joke, his name is Eric Close, check out the show and you'll do a double take like I did). But there is still the possibility they aproached him a he said no like the dozens of others. He is actually older than Christian Bale, but he looks like he's in his early 30s.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 17-11-2007 17:29
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 17-11-2007 18:52
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

no, its cuz they want them to ''grow into'' the roles. and i guess its good to cast lesser knowns as well so you wont be so 'distracted' by them being really big stars or osmething like forinstance, jolie in her movies, good actress? yes, but you dont see the character, you see jolie as that character(jolie as lara croft for example) but thats just what i think

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 17-11-2007 18:59
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

really? i would never turn down a super hero role, lol. but i guess actors have a reputation to keep.

i wouldnt mind an unknown actors cast. as long as the action and sfx are good, i'm good. story doesn't really matter to me...as of now anyway. this will be the first live action justice league movie...i think.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 17-11-2007 19:00
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Well, heard from reliable sources that they had a long list of people they wanted, all of wich turned down the roles, so instead they're going for unknowns who aren't intimiated by stepping into a controversial movie.

Yes, I said it's controversial, because at this point to actors it looks like a good way to ruin their careers.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 17-11-2007 19:18
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

You're both right. WB wanted Bale and Routh, Bale said NO, therefore, they wanted some big names. The big names said no, because the respect what Nolan and Singer are doing. WB then went with younger unknowns so, if the movie does do good, they can grow into the roles.

Here's the problem I'm having. It has been rumored that this movie will have nothing to do with Begins and Returns. Ok. Sure, they had The JLU Animated Batman on at the same time as "The Batman" and kids knew the difference, Yet, they had the Bat-Embargo making it impossible to have Robin in Teen Titans and JLU, then The Batman. Why? Because it would confuse people to have to many Robins.

now, with that said, I can deal with two actors playing Batman. But they are having Tailia in it, which would almost tie into Begins. Even a small hint like "Her father was Ras Al Ghul" would tie the movies in a rough way.

I am really torn on this movie.

I'd almost rather see a JSA movie first. Then if that worked, do JLA. But, only time will tell.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 18-11-2007 07:55
User Avatar Dick G
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Superman: Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights) is set to play the role of Superman. Porter has also been seen in Music and Lyrics, and he just completed filming the role of Racer X in the Wachowski brother's Speed Racer. Scott Porter is from Omaha, Nebraska, 29 years old, and looks about as all-American as you can get. He is a little young looking for the role of Superman, but depending on who else has been cast, that may be not be a problem.

The Flash: Adam Brody (The O.C.) has been cast as The Flash. For Justice League of America, The Flash is Wally West, the third person to take the identity of the Flash. Justice League of America supposedly begins with the funeral of Barry Allen, the Silver-Age Flash. Wally West is his nephew who gained super-speed abilities and served as Barry's sidekick - Kid Flash. After Barry's death, Wally takes over the identity of the Flash to honor his uncle and mentor. David Dobkin is signed to direct a Flashspin-off once production of Justice League of America is complete, and it is likely that Brody will carry the role over to that film.

Green Lantern: Common (Smokin' Aces) will be assuming the part of John Stewart. John Stewart is one of numerous humans who have been the bearer of the Green Lantern power ring, an artifact that allows the wearer to create anything they can imagine - so long as they have the willpower to control it. John Stewart was the Green Lantern featured in the Justice League cartoon. While Greg Berlanti is set to direct a Green Lantern film following production of Justice League of America, early rumors suggest that the feature will be about Hal Jordan, the Silver-Age Green Lantern, and not John Stewart.

Finally, it had long been rumored that Teresa Palmer (Wolf Creek) was being considered for the role of Wonder Woman. According to the rumors being released this weekend, that is no longer the case, but Palmer still has a part in the film. Palmer is set to play Talia al Ghul, the daughter of Batman's enemy, Ra's al Ghul. Ra's is the leader of a worldwide crime empire, and was featured as the villain of Batman Begins. In comics, Talia is an on-again, off-again love interest for Batman. Her loyalties to the man she loves and to her father often come into conflict. In the comics, she has also conceived a child with Batman.

i dont know if you seen this already but i think this is the cast for jla*yes
i got it from
http://www.moview.../24492.php
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 18-11-2007 11:34
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Phil wrote:
really? i would never turn down a super hero role, lol. but i guess actors have a reputation to keep.

i wouldnt mind an unknown actors cast. as long as the action and sfx are good, i'm good. story doesn't really matter to me...as of now anyway. this will be the first live action justice league movie...i think.
story is the most important thing. but right now, i dont careeither(well i still kinda do) but i just want to see this movie!

RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 18-11-2007 15:33
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Dick G wrote: i dont know if you seen this already but i think this is the cast for jla

Yeah, I posted those cast rumours along with one on Batman on the previous page of the thread. But like I said then, there has been no official confirmation by any reputable source, so until we get an anouncment I'd hold back on saying "Scott Porter is playing Superman" or anything like that.

Remember, websites, with the acception of BOF and a few others, tend to believe whatever they get their hands on; whether it's from someone from the production or someone claiming to be the janitor for the studio. So while it could be true always take anything that isn't confirmed with a garin of salt.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 18-11-2007 19:21
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

i never heard the rumour of batman, i DID however hear all roles were locked in exept batman and WW

RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 18-11-2007 21:46
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i cant see common as green lantern...although he does have a JLU green lantern look.

but anyway..the rumor for batman was that armie hammer would be playing as him. but like razhwurz said, take it as a grain of salt.

RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 18-11-2007 22:05
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Comics Continuum interviewed Scott Porter..

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Casting rumors for the Justice League movie continue to swirl. Saturday, Scott Porter was at Wizard World Texas when he heard word that he's been cast as Superman.

Is it true? On Sunday, The Continuum caught up with him at the convention for the latest news.

The Continuum: So what can you say about these reports about you being cast as Superman in Justice League?

Porter: I haven't been contacted. When I tested, I tested for the role of The Flash, which I lost to Adam Brody. At this point, Superman is purely rumor and speculation as far as I'm concerned, although I do want to buy a Superman shirt today and wear it to mess with people.

The Continuum: You auditioned for The Flash?

Porter: What happened with George Miller (Justice League's director), there were about 32 of us, and he just said, "We're having a test." I don't know if he had a specific role until we got there. None of us knew the specific role until we got there. The Flash was written next to my name when I was there, so that's what I was under the assumption I was auditioning for, although they did say that it was kind of a blanket test. There was one scene and everybody did the same scene, so we could have been auditioning for any role.

The Continuum: If this was true, you'd probably hear by tomorrow?

Porter: If this is true, I'd probably be in Mexico tomorrow wondering how I got here. The extent of the options, everybody had to sign a test deal, a holding contract, and they have an exclusive option on a lot of us. And they've asked to extend them, so I'm expecting the actual official announcement to come out sometime this week, but you can't really hold me to that because I'm not Warner Bros. Who knows when they're going to make the announcement?

The Continuum: Would you want to play Superman?

Porter: That's a lot of pressure. I'm 6-foot on a good day, and I'm a buck-eighty after breakfast soaking wet. So it would take some work, but who wouldn't love the opportunity? It would be a lot of pressure.

The Continuum: They made James Marsden look pretty tall in X-Men.

Porter: As Cyclops? Yeah, Hollywood has a way of even making Tom Cruise look like a giant, so I'm sure I could handle it.

The Continuum: You have not read a script or part of it?

Porter: No, no. No one's seen a script. The scenes we auditoned with were out of like drama books. They had nothing to do with the actual movie. All those things you've seen on the Internet about what the script's about, all those 14 leaked pages, I can't confirm any of it.

The Continuum: What was your impression of George Miller?

Porter: He's great. He's not your typical director. He's very conversational in the way he speaks to the actors. He went so many different directions with this one scene that he was really putting us to the test. He was the nicest, sweetest man. I ran into him at the restaurant at the hotel before we tested, and he recognized everybody before we walked into the room. He didn't need a sheet of paper to tell who everybody was. It was a pretty amazing experience. Any time you have a chance to get in a room with an Oscar-winning director who discovered Mel Gibson and Nicole Kidman, that time of opportunity is something that you look for everyday.

The Continuum: What's your take on Superman?

Porter: I'm not even thinking about it right now. It's all rumor and speculation. Yesterday, I didn't even know. And a copy of Action Comics was slammed down in front of me. He's like, "Go ahead and sign it." And I'm like, "Why do you want me to sign this?" And he winks at me and he goes, "You can tell me. And I know." And I'm, "You know what?" And he goes, "You're Superman!" I'm like, "What are you talking about?

So he said to check The Internet. So I go on my little Blackberry. "This is ridiculous!"

But, really, I expect the major announcements to come out this week. And if were to be Superman, I would be speechless. I'd get right to work.

The Continuum: This is looming as an important movie. These are the heaviest hitters.

Porter: The idea of this movie actually coming to life is something nobody thought could happen. The same thing with Marvel and the Avengers movie. I'd love to see an Avengers movie with Iron Man and Captain America and Hawkeye, who I would love to play. A lot of people didn't think it could ever happen with a cast that big and that many powers and that many effects. The budget's going to be a huge.

That can't happen, can it? But if Justice League does well, you'll see the Teen Titans, you'll see the Avengers. X-Men did well, but it was very small core of lesser-known characters besides Wolverine.

The Continuum: There's a challenge with every Justice League character.

Porter: Justice League is huge. In order to do Martian Manhunter correctly, how many effects do you need to use, just solely on him? To do those big Superman fights like in the third Matrix movie, just to do that is going to be a huge effects budget.

And, then of course, you have to find actors to play these most iconic characters of all time. Who plays Wonder Woman? Who plays Superman? Who plays Batman? Can you live up to the actors who are currently doing it? It's daunting, but I'm sure we all welcome the challenge.

RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 19-11-2007 08:26
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

ahh i dont know its alot of reletve unknowns in this list of actors....not 2 happy with that. but its all good as long as they can do a good job. id still like to see if anyone else is going to be cast for additional roles. and who is the villan

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 19-11-2007 14:53
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

this is scott porter.

i think he could have been a good flash, but as superman...maybe. but whose to say he'll even be in the movie?

RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 19-11-2007 16:11
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

New batch of rumours on SSH! Aside from the familiar GL, Batman and Talia rumours they also posted the following

Superman-D.J. Cotrona
The Flash-Anton Yelchin
Aquaman-Santiago Cabrera as Aquaman
Iris-Zoe Kazan
Wonder Woman-Megan Gale

Also, rumours are getting heavier that even if they've locked the actors they do not have a shooting script and the writters strike is holdin them from production. Which could mean the project being shelved.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 20-11-2007 09:04
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

i forgot about the strike that could be a good or bad thing.

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 21-11-2007 16:14
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

it doesnt effect them ovie from what ive heard

RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 21-11-2007 23:07
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I don't know what the plot is but I think it should be a pretty standard alien race taking over the world and its up to the Justice League to stop them. Each person tries to take them on their own but realize its better to have a team.

Its a pretty good setup on who the heroes are and where they come from. And let Bruce Timm and Co. write the script. I'm sure they'd come up with an excellent story like they always do.
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 21-11-2007 23:37
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Umm... Ok? The script has been in the works for a very long time, so even if they don't have a shooting script the are still in the later drafts. So in short, no the people from the animated series will not be working on it.

Th story will involve Maxwell Lord (never read a comic with him but I hear he had a big part in one of the recent uber-stories they did) and these cyborgs called OMACs, which I'm also unfamiliar with. It's also supposed to feature Talia al Ghul, but it is unknown whether she's a villain, an ally of some sort, somewhere in between, or just a cameo.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 21-11-2007 23:40
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-11-2007 06:55
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I know the animated series people won't work on it but I felt if they didn't have a good script, then they should be the ones to write it. They've had success in the past with Justice League so in my mind, they'd be perfect to create a story.

Page 8 of 10 << < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.