Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Other DCU Projects

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 9 of 10 << < 6 7 8 9 10 >
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 18-01-2008 16:17
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Wow, I completely forgot we had this thread and forgot to post this news as soon as I heard it lol

As I'm sure some of you have heard, WB has officially shelved Justice League, citing script issues that cannot currently be resolved with the writters strike going on.

For those of you who don't know, the project has also had an uncontrolably rising budget and a highly inexperienced cast.

So the project will be iced until after the writers strike, and even then it may not be given anymore attention and may just die (the same fate as Batman Vs. Superman and Superman Lives).

http://www.variety.com/VR1117979189.html

My opinion... THANK GOD!!! This has looked like a dissaster from the get go to me, and it's only looked worse over time.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 18-01-2008 16:18
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 18-01-2008 17:09
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

agreed,im actually hoping they just cancel it for good or atleast get a good cast

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 18-01-2008 21:33
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

im complety with batboy on this one the cast is not impressive at all and it probobly will turn out being crap and hurt the sales of other good movies like another batman or something that can have an awsome impact on the superhero movie. if u ask me i think they should do a movie for every charicter in the jla and then aend every one of em with the same basic thng happening and they all meet up in one movie to solve the problom that way all the back storys wil be out of the way.

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 18-01-2008 21:47
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Ya,i definetly want a WW.GL, and Flash film first, but people like martain manhunter and aquaman, i can do without(dont gwt me wrong, i like em both, but i dont see a solo movie working for them)

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 13-02-2008 14:27
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Source: http://www.moviehole.net/news/20080212_various_news_items_12208.html

According to Moviehole, the Justice League project has been resurected, but not without some major plot changes

Here's the posted synopsis

The film is about Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and others of the Justice League of America, an organization made up of the world's greatest superheroes must deal with the expulsion of Batman and the death of Superman at the hands of the monstrous Doomsday.

Looks as though they are avoiding bringing Batman and Superman into the franchise right away. However, at this point this is still just a rumour.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 13-02-2008 15:30
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

they're kicking batman off the team? lol. that's the way to go. i hope they have batman fix all the problems outside of the league. much like he did in the cadmus arc of JLU.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 13-02-2008 16:29
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

This guy mentions it's a month or so old, so it's not a rumor, it's a debunk stupid plot idea.

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 13-02-2008 17:43
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Nate wrote:
This guy mentions it's a month or so old, so it's not a rumor, it's a debunk stupid plot idea.

Not really, the essence of a rumor is that it could be either true or false, it's unknown. Let's look at what could have happened.

A: They shelved JL because they thought the project wouldn't work out.

B: The shelved JL because they thought the current script and cast didn't work. They came up with a new story, but the WGA strike prevented them from making a script right away, so they put the project on indeffinate hold until the end of the WGA strike.

Both equally as possible, and no evidence to either side. Plus, the news was said to be at least a month old, and it was this time last month they shelved JL.

I'm not saying it's true, but just don't be so fast to say something bogus when you have absolutely no evidence.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 13-02-2008 18:09
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 13-02-2008 19:17
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

WB, while dumb at times, is not stupid to say "oh yeah! we can do a JL film with Superman or Batman!". For all we know, that rumor was made by someone so people would say "thats why they shelved it". We get alot of rumors during developments/filming/post-production of many of our superhero films. It's just the question of "would they really do this?" And in many case, they wouldn't. That rumor is no different.

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 13-02-2008 19:45
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Actually, many fans have stated that this is exactly what they want WB to do, so it's still perfectly logical as a possiblity.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 13-02-2008 20:52
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

What? A JL movie without Superman or Batman? That would suck. And if they had it without Wonder Woman, then it would really suck.

EDIT: Wait a minute. I'm not feeling so good, so I'm not quite thinking things through that much.

After thinking about it, I believe we need more info. It might be a good idea (as far as I know, Wonder Woman is still in the film as Megan Gale as still said that she was using the JLA being delayed time to gear up for her role as WW), BUT ONLY IF Superman and Batman are still in the movie. And what I mean is: Act 1 is basically JLA vs Doomsday and Superman dies. Act 2 takes place after some time; Batman is gone, and WW, Flash, GL, GA (don't know who else would be in the final cut) are the ones left on the JLA to face the big baddie. And Act 3 is where our heroes are fighting the big baddie, Batman returns (no pun intended) and from there Superman comes back from the grave. If it's like that, if the whole movie is what I just said, then okay.

But remembering the interviews, even from George Miller, and the fact that rumors like this one are sh*t and deservenly so, the JLA film is still the JLA vs Maxwell Lord and confronting Batman's distrust toward the League. That's what the JLA is still all about.

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

Edited by Nate on 13-02-2008 21:09
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 13-02-2008 21:29
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

First, those interviews were at the begining of the project being shelved, since then WB could have easily thrown away the script and came up with a new game plan. Just because there have been no anouncements doesn't mean they've stuck to the status quo.

Second, you're ignoring the fact that most of the information we've gotten on this movie from the get go was from so called "sh*t rumors". Did we ever get a press release on the cast?! No, we got websites telling us who they heard was cast. We hear Miller was set to direct before it was anounced because of sh*t rumors. How'd we know which heroes would apear and which villians they'd face? You got it, shi*t rumors like this.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 13-02-2008 21:52
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

When it was delayed, not shelved, they did reveal and confirm some of the cast (DC Superheroes #1-5). I'm just saying that if that rumor is true, then what I said on how this could be should be the case, otherwise the movie might not work.

Before it was delayed, WB made JL official too.

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 13-02-2008 22:31
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Nate wrote:
When it was delayed, not shelved, they did reveal and confirm some of the cast (DC Superheroes #1-5). I'm just saying that if that rumor is true, then what I said on how this could be should be the case, otherwise the movie might not work.

Before it was delayed, WB made JL official too.

By "shelved" I mean they took it off of being main priority while the WGA strike was going.

I was just saying rumor's aren't complete sh*t because, like I said before, just about everything we knew about this movie was from a rumour. And all the stuff that was officially anounced we knew about ahead of time because of the rumors.

Basically, JL is currently still in limbo. Films that have been postponed have been able to make it on screen, but sometimes with drastic script changes and cast changes, and sometimes they just get canceled in this stage. We can't really say option A is more likely than option B at this point because nothing we have is 100% reliable.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 13-02-2008 22:37
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i'm batman.

RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 14-02-2008 13:34
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Acording to Moviehole.net; a Chicago news paper, the Herald-Sun, has listed Justice League's official start date as 2010. WB seems to have decided the current project was undesirable and has abandoned that script.

Also, apparently WB has not renewed the contracts of the cast that was set to be in the film.

Link: http://www.moviehole.net/news/20080214_star_trek_and_justice_league_p.html

.... I am the walrus.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 16-02-2008 22:51
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 14-02-2008 14:50
User Avatar Ed Schulz
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I still think Hal Jordan should be the GL in the movie!!!riddler2

"Wars come and go, but all soldiers stay eternal."

-Tupac Shakur
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 16-02-2008 21:45
User Avatar Drew Grayson
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

They should make a JL movie.
When it comes out it has to be badassyesyesrobin 3nightwing(^\/^)batwomanbatgirloracletwofacemrfreezebatmanjokerpenguincatwoman2huntresscatwoman1HarleyQuinnJoker3BatSymbol2

Please Master Timothy not the explosives! - Alfred
TNBA Sins of the father
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 19-02-2008 16:18
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

well i think the justice leauge would be better without the big boys like batman superman and well keep ww shes hot lol.
no but i think it would give other charicters the chance to get noticed for future films

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice League" News & Updates! - Posted on 20-02-2008 21:46
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

no, i don't think it would be better...i'd like to have them in there, just have them serve as leaders. the focus could be on martian manhunter or something..i always saw martian mahunter as the main JLA dude.

but quite truthfully...after seeing new frontier, i'd like to see something like that, but in modern times, and with a different conflict. i like the set up they had - leaders: superman, batman wonder woman; main characters: green lantern, martian manhunter, flash.

Page 9 of 10 << < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.