Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Other DCU Projects

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > >>
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-08-2007 16:00
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

so, what do you guys think about Ryan Reynolds being up for flash?

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-08-2007 17:25
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Bleh...

He could work, but he probably won't.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-08-2007 17:55
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Take this with a grain of salt, but...

One of the most talked-about topics online these days is Warner Bros.' Justice League of America adaptation, which Happy Feet director George Miller is reportedly attached to.

Reports have said that the superhero team-up movie would include Batman, Superman, The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and the Green Lantern, that casting would start next week, and that Christian Bale (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) and Brandon Routh (Superman, Superman: Man of Steel) would not be involved.

It didn't quite make sense how Warner Bros. would be able to pull it off, but perhaps now we know how they can. IESB.net says that the movie might be a CGI/performance capture project, much like The Polar Express, and the upcoming Beowulf and Avatar. Here's a bit of the scoop the site received:

However, and take this with a grain of salt, Imageworks are apparently in the running to provide services on the JLA film, competing with R&H and possibly WETA (the latter being unconfirmed).

But the real interesting thing about this is that the contract is for an all-cgi "photo-real" motion capture movie, much like the upcoming Beowulf.

If the reports hold up, expect Justice League of America to go into production early 2008.

Source: http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3121&Itemid=99

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

Edited by Nate on 22-08-2007 17:56
patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-08-2007 18:19
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Razhwurz wrote:
Bleh...

He could work, but he probably won't.
thank you! At least someone agrees. Another big fan fave is John Krashinski(guy from the office and licence to wed)

oh and this is off topic but what were you talking about my bad casting choices? Ali larter for selina? ya dont know what i was thinking
Rosario-Still good but id like a traditional catwoman
Scarlett- still could work i guess but 10 yrs too young
Jovovich as ivy, guess i was just taken in by a manip i saw
if those were the ones you were talking about then i guess i can kinda agree with you
and as much as i think Beowulf looks cool, i dont really want that for the JLA film
anyways back on topic. Does anyone think its weird that in the cartoons like JLU, hardly any batman villains showed because of the movies and other tv shows yet we're gonna have 2 live action batmans?

Edited by batboy99 on 22-08-2007 18:21
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-08-2007 19:04
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Non of the apove are horrible choices, but if you must know I was particularly thinking of how you said Nicole Kidman would have been a perfect Catwoman back in the day... I just can't see her as a femme fatale at all. Again, it's all opinion.

Anyway, back to the topic.

If that CGI rumour is true, than this movie has officially sunk below my already low expectations.

But at least that means Ron Perlman has more of a shot at Batman! J/K

But if it's CGI, that means they are probably going to throw realism out the window. We'll probably see more Spandex, more aliens, more uber-special effects, and much more comic book non-sense. Now that I think about it, that sounds kind of fun!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-08-2007 19:13
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Oh that, lol well i didnt necessarially mean perfect, but back then, when she had a better body, i guess she woulda been ok. better than halle atleast but she already had a crap body at that time, i must have seen a good pic of her lol, but now i dont know what I was thinking, my bad

as for Perlman, hed be horrible as a live action batman, But ya know he would be good if they made a live action DKR maybe, but not the ''regular'' batman
but your last statement got me thinking, man ya know if that were true, i wouldnt mind the cgi/ 3d effect. Im sorry to say, but im kinda sick of the realism in not realistic movies lol. Hey and ya know, that would make alot of angry fan boys happy then

Edited by batboy99 on 22-08-2007 19:15
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-08-2007 20:00
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I agree.. Beowolf looks stupiod, and no matter what, I won't promote a film like that.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-08-2007 20:29
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Chris wrote:
I agree.. Beowolf looks stupiod, and no matter what, I won't promote a film like that.

What are you agreeing on? Me and BB both said we think a CG JL movie could be fun, but your saying that you won't promote a motion capture movie.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-08-2007 20:31
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

ya it kinda does lol, it looks cool but real bad at the same time, but angie looks like she has a good body for once and in 1999, there was a movie, exact same name, but live action with rhona mitra in it, when i first saw the trailer on tv, i thought it was rhonas movie that was gonna be on TV

RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-08-2007 21:25
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I thought an animated Justice League movie would've been more possible than a live action. If this is true then the fanboy in me is saying get Bruce Timm, Andrea Romano, and Kevin Conroy on board! lol
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 22-08-2007 21:35
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

It's not animated, it's not live action; and yet it's both.

Basically the get actor's to do the perfomances, but they use motion capture technology to replace them with a CG model.

Basically the actors do more than voice; every movement is their's, it's just they've plastered a CG face on it.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 23-08-2007 12:55
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

its gonna be very much like Beowulf(though the movie looks crap, the animation is amazing, i could hardly tell it was Animated,kinda)

and ya, raz is right, they still need the actors, jolie was in full CGI outfit with the lil dots and all

lots of people over at SHH want conroy to voice over batman, im in the middle on that one, i love conroys batman but to me it belongs with the cartoons, but what if they get a guy who is an awesome batman but his voice is bad right, well we'll see what happens

and since its CGI, anyone else hoping for someone like Monica Bellucci for WW? Shes older but the CGI can make her look younger

Edited by batboy99 on 23-08-2007 13:17
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 23-08-2007 13:36
User Avatar Ed Schulz
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

As for Green Lantern, they should added Hal Jordan instead of John Stewart.no

"Wars come and go, but all soldiers stay eternal."

-Tupac Shakur
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 23-08-2007 13:43
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

They haven't anounced which Lantern they're using.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 23-08-2007 17:24
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

i think they have(or at least ive heard from parts of the script, and no i didnt read it, i did however read it was john stewart that was being used)
and though hal is the iconic GL, its obvious and a good idea for stewart to be JL

Theres already too many white people lol so ya its a no brainer they have to have atleast one black character not to look too racist(which looks even worse cuz you know they had to do it lol), thats basically how things work ,even on a board game like candyland, theres only one black kid on it, the rest are white, not even one asian g-ddammit! but oh well, and i feel john is better for this, he's kinda the modern GL for me atleast and stewart is one of my fav GL's
and i hope he's played by Taye Diggs, not a huge fan of him but he has this look that reminds me of John

Edited by batboy99 on 23-08-2007 17:31
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 23-08-2007 19:50
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Many fans have questioned why Warner Bros. seems to be rushing the Justice League movie into production and what the pending industry strikes were all about. LA Times has published an article which answers many of these questions.

[QUOTE]Justice League of America is exactly the kind of movie Warner Bros. loves to make. Based on the classic DC Comics series, the script is filled with a dream team of recognizable superheroes -- Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash -- and could not only become its own franchise, but also could spin off individual character sequels, TV shows and merchandise (Green Lantern Underoos, anyone?).

But even a roster of superheroes may not have enough special powers to repel the nastiest villain on Hollywood's horizon: an impending labor dispute that could devastate the local economy.

"JLA" is but one of many projects caught in an industrywide scramble to assemble films that can be completed before a potential talent strike shuts down film production next summer, according to interviews with two dozen studio executives, agents, producers and screenwriters. Studio executives and producers are accelerating screenplay revisions and A-list directors are postponing editing so they can compile footage on back-to-back movies should actors swap punch lines for picket lines.[/QUOTE]

Read the complete article here:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-ca-scripts26aug26,0,6842543.story?coll=la-home-entertainment

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

Edited by Nate on 23-08-2007 20:25
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 24-08-2007 04:38
User Avatar DavidG
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I think this is going to be a Awesome Movie, I am really looking forward to seeing it.
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 24-08-2007 21:02
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Smallville's Tom Welling as Superman for the Justice League movie? IESB says so.

They claim that Tom Welling has been approached to play Superman in the movie, which will not be totally motion-capture CGI, but will use the technology heavily for a larger part of the movie...

The motion capture rumor that we received earlier this week caused us to do some deep digging on the JLA production. Here's what we have found out. Yes there will be motion capture used in the film but it will not be an all out "motion capture production." Heavy motion capture will be used for the OMACs, the underwater sequences and such. So, all in all, this will be a traditionally made film with some motion capture characters, pretty much like every big fantasy movie these days. So that appears to be the final word on that subject. Now onto the big stuff!

Bale and Routh are flat out, for sure, but who does WB want to replace them with? Studio sources have exclusively revealed to the IESB that someone has been approached to fill the shoes of the Man of Steel!

Get ready Smallville fans, your fantasies of Tom Welling in a cape are getting ready to come true. Yes that's right, Tom Welling, TV's Clark Kent, has been approached to take up the Superman role in the Justice League film. This has been a hope of Smallville fans for years and all indications are that WB has finally heard the call.

As for the sequel to "Superman Returns", IESB.net claim that will still go ahead unaffected by the Justice League movie...

Now how does this effect the Bryan Singer Superman franchise or the Chris Nolan Batman films? What we are hearing from the WB camp is that it doesn't effect them at all. The Nolan Batman films will continue, the Singer Superman films we have been told will continue and Justice League will have its own storyline and universe. Very similar to what DC does nowadays in the animated world with these characters.[/quote]
You can read the article here:
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_ezine&task=read&page=1&category=1&article=3138

Also, on the Tom Welling as Superman thing, you may recall that Alex Ross did a what-if picture with Welling wearing the costume. To remember, or see it for the first time, click here:
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/superman-lives/tomwellingsupes1.jpg

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

Edited by Chris on 24-08-2007 22:12
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 24-08-2007 21:18
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

please, no welling, hes good for the tv series and all and i know alot of people want to see him in the suit but he just isnt that great for superman, Smallville is baiscally superboy and i know hes older than routh and all but tom still comes off as younger and kiddish to me for the MAN of steel

RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 24-08-2007 22:20
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Thats the thing.. we've never seen him AS Superman. He's supose to be a kid. I think this and the fact that it won't be all MoCap is the best news we've gotten. They start production next year for a 2009 release, I think that maybe they have finally heard fans. Besides, why do we need three live action Supermen? Welling, Routh and the new JL guy?

The questrion that remains.. who would make a good Batman other than Bale? How will they do that part without screwing up Batman?

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.