Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Other DCU Projects

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > >>
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 25-08-2007 01:19
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

It's easy, very easy, to know that one Superman isn't the same as the others. Plus, when it comes down to the idea of three, the same for the two Batmen, it's the "what's the story with this one?" that counts between them.

Smallville's Superman is "the adventures of Clark Kent before he became Superman". How a young man, starting with him being aliened in his teenage years and performing rescues from time to time, becomes a hero to the world.

The Singer Superman film(s) is a Superman whom uses the universal concept of alienation of himself toward others, directly going back to Siegel and Shuster themselves.

So what's for a JL Superman? Maybe similar to what we got and what we'll get with The New Frontier DTV: a superhero who learns more of a BIGGER picture and becoming a leader to a team of others like him.

As for Batman; same thing. Nolan's Batman in Batman Begins was about a man who was filled with revenge and obsessed, and how he balanced all that and became something good in his city which was complete bad or awful. A JL Batman, I could see, could branch from that and like Superman, see that he could expand his abilities to more of a world scale, or universal scale, rather than just one city.

That's how I can see Superman & Batman in a JL (or JLA) movie.

BTW, any theories on what this story could be? Because I have a strong theory.

EDIT: SupermanHomepage.com has said in it's recent post that Al Gough has debunked the rumor of Tom Welling will play Superman in JLA. The post is here:
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=3833

Despite this, IESB learned about SupermanHomepage and still say their source still says that WB is lookign for Welling. So, only time will tell.

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

Edited by Nate on 25-08-2007 01:54
patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 25-08-2007 12:42
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Chris wrote:
Thats the thing.. we've never seen him AS Superman. He's supose to be a kid. I think this and the fact that it won't be all MoCap is the best news we've gotten. They start production next year for a 2009 release, I think that maybe they have finally heard fans. Besides, why do we need three live action Supermen? Welling, Routh and the new JL guy?

The questrion that remains.. who would make a good Batman other than Bale? How will they do that part without screwing up Batman?
well, i like welling on the show, but i just dont really think im gonna like him as superman you know? I know it would be weird to have 2 supermen but, i think wellings supes belongs on tv

oh and to me, the movie not being all mo cap is kinda bad, remember sm3? it looked odd because during some of the fight scenes, you can tell its cg and it looks odd going from CG to live action(like what sm3 did) it looks very out of place and lot of people complained about that, now i liked the movie but that did bother me. but we'll see what happens

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 25-08-2007 12:50
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

CGI and MoCap is a little different. Besides, movies like that has to be part CGI/MoCap.. Superman Returns had a ton of CGI, Begins had some too.. those bats in the cave for example...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 25-08-2007 21:31
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

oh ya true, but those are small things, like the powers and such, SM3, the fight scenes were all CGI , the people etc thats why it looked odd

RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 25-08-2007 22:09
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Ok.. lets look at it this way.. ILM is the best. Look at Star Wars.. there is alot of CGI, BUT, there is also alot that looks real that isn't. They are getting better at it, and I think the water parts being MoCap, maybe the flights.. those would be ok..

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 25-08-2007 22:28
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Spider-man 3? Spidey and Venom turned CGI a lot, and sandman did when he turned to sand. But most of the fights that required flesh to be shown was done with stunt rigs touched up with CGI.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 25-08-2007 22:31
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 25-08-2007 23:38
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

transformers was pretty much all cgi. and it looked real to me. but they werent really people, so i guess it's a little different.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 12:18
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Razhwurz wrote:
Spider-man 3? Spidey and Venom turned CGI a lot, and sandman did when he turned to sand. But most of the fights that required flesh to be shown was done with stunt rigs touched up with CGI.
remember that scence with peter and harry? thats what im talking aBOUT
IM not talking about robots, im taking about the people, the humans

im not talking about robots or sand people
the people in flesh, a few scence were mixed with this
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=36440
and this
http://ca.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTf22bp9FGK.oAogD2FAx./SIG=11v8npius/**http%
(just an example)
thats what made it looks weird, you can tell where its fake and real, now if they only use gi for the powers omacs then illl be ok, but not like above

you get what i mean now? of course they have to use CGI for stuff like venom, sandman, the powers etc, but not for some of those fight scences

Edited by batboy99 on 26-08-2007 12:19
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 13:40
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Most of the shots with Goblin and Peter was done in front of a blue screen at a sound stage, they did use CGI everyonce in while, but for the most part it was real flesh.

The real reason it looked wonky was because the backrounds were CGI and had completely differant lighting, so they had to fix the lighting in the real shots... As a side effect the lighting on the characters skin looked real weird.

And Harry looked real weird because of image splicing... They did most Goblin shots twice, once with a stunt man on a fly rig and once with Franco infront of a blue screen. They than spliced Franco's head on the stuntmans shots and added the background.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 16:07
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Dude, i dont think you get what im saying. Im not talking about blue/green screen. That one particualr scene(one where pete drops the ring in the sky), i really dont think that was green screen, im pretty sure it was ALL cgi, the people, backgrounds, everything, thats why that once scene looks odd complaired to the others
obviously there were parts that wre the real people, but even when GG comes down and puts the bottom part of the glider to the screen, that was so fake and then it turned into james franco, thats what im worried is gonna happen in the JLA film

RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 16:50
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

If there is only one bad scene in the entire movie, then we can all be happy..

RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 17:15
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

id prefer a movie with no bad scenes, but hey whatever floats your boat.......:p

and that wasnt the only bad scene in SM3

RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 17:52
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I don't want any, but if we get one or two.. then I'm ok with it.

You know, I am betting the reason they aren't trying to get Bale or Routh.. money. Think about it, the CGI will cost a bit, and so they get no names in there to play the title rolse and spend most of the money on CGI.

RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 18:02
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Batboy99... You're refering to what are called shots. When you say that there is a CGI scene you're saying the whole scene is CGI. Meaning just about every shot.

And I do remember that shot. But the thing to remember is that Spider-man didn't have a mo-cap studio on it. From the sounds of things they're trying to go more for Gollum than Spidey.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 26-08-2007 18:05
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 18:50
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

TMNT didnt cost much to make. cgi is actually inexpensive in movie making terms from what i hear, but i dont know about the mo-cap thing.

but if they were to do it TMNT style, it wouldnt cost much to make it.

RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 19:19
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Actually, CGI is freaking expensive. When it comes down to things, it takes a lot of work to model and texture things, and in something where it would be realistic styled it's even more expensive, and then Mo-cap brings the cost up a lot.

Basically it would be far less expenxive to do a live-action movie than a CGI move.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 19:32
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Razhwurz wrote:
Batboy99... You're refering to what are called shots. When you say that there is a CGI scene you're saying the whole scene is CGI. Meaning just about every shot.

And I do remember that shot. But the thing to remember is that Spider-man didn't have a mo-cap studio on it. From the sounds of things they're trying to go more for Gollum than Spidey.
oh right my bad then

RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 22:16
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

depends on what you're talking about. cgi like transformers is expensive, but cgi like TMNT is probably the most least expensive method of making a movie.

but i still dont know how JLA will be made. live action with cgi, mocap cgi, just cgi(tmnt)?

RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 22:40
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Nope... TMNT isn't as detailed as Gollum. But every single object on frame has to be rendered for days. It's not as expensive as making, say lord of the rings. But movies like Batman 89 and such don't cost as much as CGI as I recall.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Justice Leauge" News & Updates! - Posted on 26-08-2007 23:54
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

phil where you getting your info from man? Lol, ya what raz said, it isnt as expensive as the more realistic ones but i dont know where you get the ''inexpensive'' thing from

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.