Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Other DCU Projects

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Current "Teen Titans" News & Updates! - Posted on 31-05-2007 07:10
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

DC Comics' superteam Teen Titans is getting the big-screen treatment courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures.

The live-action adaptation is being produced by Akiva Goldsman and Kerry Foster through their Weed Road banner, while Mark Verheiden has been brought on board to write the script.

The Teen Titans first appeared in 1964 as a sort of junior Justice League, comprising Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Wonder Girl and Speedy, the respective sidekicks of A-list heroes Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow.

The comic series reached X-Men-style success in the 1980s, when the team was relaunched in a new comic with the characters no longer kids but college-age adults and the stories explored more mature themes. The series also saw the addition of Cyborg, Starfire and Raven, original characters who weren't sidekicks, while the character of Robin matured into one called Nightwing.

It is not known which heroes will be used, but Nightwing is said to be in the mix.

Goldsman said the tone will be consistent with such recent Warners' comic book fare as "Batman Begins," "Superman Returns" and the upcoming "Watchmen."

I love the idea.. EXCEPT.. if Nightwing is in it.. how will he be handled? I guess they could go the same route they did in the Cartoon and just not mention Batman at all.. Then again, they said Nightwing.. not Dick Grayson. But I do think that unlike some heroes, Nightwing IS Dick and if they try to change that, they will see a BIG uproar from the fans.

So lets see, we now have these:

Supermax (The Green Arrow in prison movie)
Justice League
Metal Men
Wonder Woman
Shazam
Superman
TDK

Am I missing anything? So, which ones WON'T get made? LOL...

Edited by Chris on 02-08-2007 20:43
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Teen Titans to be made? - Posted on 31-05-2007 12:59
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

You missed The Flash & Watchmen.

I guess WB/DC is fighting back to get many of their characters to get developed for movies as possible since Marvel is now in its hayday.

BTW, Chris, with Marvel's movies, just the fact that they're superhero movies, does that help out every comic book company like DC anyway?

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: Teen Titans to be made? - Posted on 31-05-2007 13:16
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I'm not sure wat your asking. A Superhero Movie is a Superhero movie as far as non-comic fans are concearned.

I do agree, DC is stepping up the the plate as far as getting movies into a script stage. But, until we hear that a movie is starting production.. it's all rumors.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Teen Titans to be made? - Posted on 31-05-2007 21:57
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I believe his point is the fact that Marvel superhero films increase demand for all superhero products...

And I believe The Flash project was scrapped.

I'm frightened by DC "Stepping up to the plate"... Over half of Marvel superhero films are mediocre... But DC's had only two turkeys a decade so far... But increasing the output may cause some films to be given less attention than others, and the "Turkey to blockbuster" might stoop out of our favour. dull 2

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Teen Titans to be made? - Posted on 31-05-2007 22:43
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I thnk it really depends on who writes them and how close they are to the comic book. It seems most people want to ruin the DC Characters while Marvel stays more true to the comic origins.

I mean, a Green Arrow movie without Green Arrow? Come on!

As for Flash, it wasn't scrapped. Goyer just isn't doing it.

RE: Teen Titans to be made? - Posted on 01-06-2007 15:24
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i dont think SUPERMAX is gonna be a super hero movie. i think it's gonna be a bad guy movie, and the antagonist is green arrow. i'd imagine it being a superhero story in the eyes of villians or whatever.

but that's just what i think...i mean why else would you have green arrow for only 10 minutes?

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Teen Titans to be made? - Posted on 01-06-2007 15:27
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

oh jeez, i forgot what the forum topic was about..

a teen titans movie sounds awesome!!! i hope they do a cameo showing a glimpse of nightwing's past(robin). maybe like a picture of batman and robin next to his alarm clock or something...or the robin costume in a glass case somewhere in the titan tower.nightwingrobin 3

RE: Teen Titans to be made? - Posted on 01-06-2007 19:06
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

On his blog Mark Verheiden said this:

As pointed out in today's Hollywood Reporter, yours truly will be writing a live action Teen Titans movie for Warner Brothers and Aviva Goldsman's company, Weed Road. And I wish there were an emoticon big enough to express how thrilled I am to be involved in the project! I'm not a fan of super-early spoilers, but I will say the script involves the Nightwing character and will be exploring the Titans at an interesting (and universal) crossroads in their lives...

http://verheiden.blogspot.com/2007/05/teen-titans-movie.html

RE: Teen Titans to be made? - Posted on 26-06-2007 12:14
User Avatar batgirl
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

They're making a teen titans movie!? Cool!! YAY!!! I'm happy Nightwing will be in the movie!!!! nightwing

I am happy that DC is making more superhero movies. It's about time!! I think for the most part Marvel has done great superhero movies. I want to see more from DC!!!

RE: Teen Titans to be made? - Posted on 26-06-2007 13:58
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

i really wanted a younger titans movie but oh well

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Teen Titans" News & Updates! - Posted on 19-08-2007 16:03
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

he could be a young nightwing...maybe during college or like right after graduation. college age is young...i mean i'll be in college in like a year. that is...if my grades keep up, lol.

anyways..i'd much rather see nightwing than robin. while i'd love robin, we've never REALLY seen nightwing in a movie. B&R had a nightwing costume with robin colors and a cape; and the movie itself was a disaster, so it doesnt count.

RE: Current "Teen Titans" News & Updates! - Posted on 19-08-2007 16:34
User Avatar Batman_Freak
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

i really like teen titans and glad tey r having a movie! nightwing <---Lol found a fake movie poster for the movie! lolrobin 3

<----Cool Batman
RE: Current "Teen Titans" News & Updates! - Posted on 19-08-2007 18:28
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

i seen that on deviant art, dont like it exept for raven. One robin aint bald, 2 omarion sucks for cyborg, 3 starfire isnt asian and 4, i guess that beast boy looks alright

Michelle Trashtenberg for Starfire(or Jenna Dewan for older)
Evan rachel wood for raven(with black hair)
Gaius Charles for Cyborg
Frankie Muniz or Shia Lebeouf for Beastboy
And
Zac efron for robin(or matt long for an older nightwing)

RE: Current "Teen Titans" News & Updates! - Posted on 19-08-2007 21:44
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i really dont think big names should play teen titans. it could ruin their careers if it's bad. with no names, it could either make them big, or just nothing. shia has it going on, i'd hate for him to be in a bad movie.

RE: Current "Teen Titans" News & Updates! - Posted on 21-08-2007 07:51
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

He's only starting to get big now, especially with transformers, but yeah they can probably find no names for the roles, those are just the people I'd like to see

RE: Current "Teen Titans" News & Updates! - Posted on 21-08-2007 10:11
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i'd actually like to see shia as robin.

RE: Current "Teen Titans" News & Updates! - Posted on 21-08-2007 14:15
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

ugh i hate that suggestion, lots of people have mentioned him. Honestly, he is nothing like robin, in apperence, in his acting, nothing sorry, but if he was a superhero, it would be beastboy, ya its kinda type casting, but thats the only role i see him in, not robin, at least not for me.

RE: Current "Teen Titans" News & Updates! - Posted on 21-08-2007 16:36
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I kinda agree with BB.. for now. Lets wait to see him in Indy 4 though. I mean, the way he was in Transformers is more the Chris O'Donnel tyoe Robin, but if he is a good actor, then he could pull it off.

RE: Current "Teen Titans" News & Updates! - Posted on 21-08-2007 17:01
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

No, im not saying he cant pull it off, lots of actors can pull of robin, or even batman, does that make them the right one for the role? No Im sorry, he is a great young actor but he isnt robin
Look, Clooney is a real good actor but he was a horrible choice for Batman
Halle Berry is a good actress too but mny x-men fans felt she was a poor choice for storm(which she was). Thats another example that even if you are a good actor, doesnt make you right for alot of roles

RE: Current "Teen Titans" News & Updates! - Posted on 21-08-2007 17:10
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

So why do you think Zac Efron is a good Robin? I think Clooney could've been a good Batman but the Shumacher went in a really different direction that people didn't like.

And how do you know Starfire can't be played by an Asian? She's an alien being which gives a little bit of freedom in choosing an actress. Although I wouldn't want Go Go Yubari as Starfire.

I say Milo Ventimiglia for Nightwing!
Edited by kpangilinan on 21-08-2007 17:15
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.