Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Other DCU Projects

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 03-10-2009 12:38
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

They need a very well-built actor to play Superman. That's what does my head in about the live-action incarnations, Superman is supposed to be a physically imposing guy, someone who when you see you think "holy shiznit!"

THE KING IN YELLOW OL 4 ADMIN!!!
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 03-10-2009 14:57
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Mittens2317 wrote:
They need a very well-built actor to play Superman. That's what does my head in about the live-action incarnations, Superman is supposed to be a physically imposing guy, someone who when you see you think "holy shiznit!"

How about Sam Worthington?

Anyway, who else thinks Milla Jovovich would be perfect as Hawkgirl? Or maybe even a badass Wonder Woman?

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 03-10-2009 14:57
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 03-10-2009 15:42
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Raz...Jovovich as Hawkgirl I can see, but I think Wonder Woman needs a curvier actress.

'It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me'-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 03-10-2009 19:28
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Razhwurz wrote:
Mittens2317 wrote:

Anyway, who else thinks Milla Jovovich would be perfect as Hawkgirl? Or maybe even a badass Wonder Woman?

I dunno man, I reckon the thing you (or was it someone else?) who said summat about wearing one of them Turtles/Hellboy suits as opposed to CG, that might work, if they propa go to town on developing a lightweight, yet bulky looking type. They really need to nail Superman in all aspects, as it's something that has never been done, and it usually leads to people hating it.

RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 03-10-2009 22:08
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Mittens2317 wrote:
Razhwurz wrote:
Mittens2317 wrote:

I dunno man, I reckon the thing you (or was it someone else?) who said summat about wearing one of them Turtles/Hellboy suits as opposed to CG, that might work, if they propa go to town on developing a lightweight, yet bulky looking type. They really need to nail Superman in all aspects, as it's something that has never been done, and it usually leads to people hating it.

Well I suggested using prosthetics for Martian Manhunter.

I don't really think they need a body-builder type to play Superman. I think someone like Sam Worthington who is in really good shape could do it perfectly.

Incidentally, how about Worthington for Aquaman?

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 03-10-2009 22:09
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 04-10-2009 12:18
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

^Yeah, he'd definitely be better as Aquaman.

RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 04-10-2009 14:30
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I have another idea for the JLA movie, how about having actors that have planned the heroes before, play parts in the JLA movie (e.g. Lynda Carter as The President, Adam West as The Vice President, Burt Ward as Chief of Staff, John Wesley Shipp as The head of the Joint Chiefs, Dean Cain as U.N. ambassador)..so good idea or not

'It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 05-10-2009 03:49
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

^Umm, no. None of em are particularly good actors, so are likely to make their scenes stink of cheese, and the scent would smell worse than the Stan Lee cameos in Marvel films. Yes, they're nice little easter eggs, but that's it.

RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 05-10-2009 10:12
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@Mittens...Don't you think there should be a way that this movie should pay homage to the actors that played the roles previously...That's all I'm doing if not having them in the movie then what should be done?

'It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 05-10-2009 15:28
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Umm, nothing, because it's completely irrelevant to the film. Why are so many people up on the idea of 'paying homage' all the time?

RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 05-10-2009 19:45
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Because Mittens...If it wasn't for Lewis Wilson there wouldn't be a Christian Bale...meaning if Mr. Wilson hadn't played Batman on screen in the 1943 movie serial then Mr. Bale would have been The Dark Knight
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 05-10-2009 20:00
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Oh dear, not only did you contradict yourself, but it's also a blunt pencil of a point. If Brian Cox didn't play Hannibal Lecter in Manhunter, do you think that Anthony Hopkins wouldn't have starred as the character in Silence of the Lambs? Please, don't make patronising posts. The point is, the actors you have named are very poor at acting, therefore they should not even be considered for a blockbuster film such as the proposed JLA movie. Not even for nostalgia's sake.

RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 05-10-2009 20:08
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I Never said they would have Major Roles, these characters could be in the beginning of the film and then the end 15 minutes total.
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 07-10-2009 18:45
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I didn't have time to comment but I would've said the same thing about how he can't have a cameo. He's not really that big in the DCU to start with...

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 08-10-2009 16:29
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@TMM which person are you talking about
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 08-10-2009 17:54
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

About having that other guy's cameo in the film. Like a Marvel film with Stan Lee. It's an idea for Marvel, not DC...

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 09-10-2009 17:56
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@TMM...you are a bit misinformed, Lee isn't the only producer to cameo in films he made....two other somewhat famous producers have done the same thing...you may have heard of them, Woody Allen and Alfred Hitchcock

RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 09-10-2009 20:25
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

TMMWrites wrote:
About having that other guy's cameo in the film. Like a Marvel film with Stan Lee. It's an idea for Marvel, not DC...

Have you seen The Incredible Hulk? Can you tell me all the cameos in that movie WITHOUT looking it up online? If I recall currectly there are four, and they were all really well done and didn't detract from the film.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 13-10-2009 20:33
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Thank You Raz, I appreciate the back-up...I hope

RE: My JLA Cast - Posted on 14-10-2009 12:22
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Look, no matter whatever way you look at it, they're bad actors. Would you want some skinny wooden douche to play Superman? No, because that is bad casting. Adam West as President = bad casting.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.