Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | ANIMATION ALLEY | Beware The Batman, The Batman, Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

"Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 11:00
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

PLOT:
After countless humiliations at the hands of the Batman, Penguin realizes that while he may not be able to take down the Dark Knight alone an all-star team of Gotham's most dangerous villains might just do the trick. While trying to stop this powerful force Batman must deal with team building issues of his own as Batgirl and Robin meet for the first time.

REVIEW:
"Who's the pixie?" - Batgirl

"Robin. Official partner to the Dark Knight." - Robin

The Season Four premiere of The Batman surprised and changed people's views of the show. Those who liked the show before, loved it. And those who disliked it or hated it before, enjoyed it now. Now for this next episode, we get.....the Penguin. Yes, again. Plus, now that got Robin here, time for him and Batgirl to meet.

The story was simple: Penguin has had it with losing with Batman. So getting ideas from a movie, he creates a supervillian team to handle the problem. Penguin's Injustice Gang includes the members: Penguin (of course), Firefly, Killer Croc, Ragdoll, and Killer Moth (although he mostly makes coffee for Penguin, he then turns into a moth monster thanks to a freak experiment). Bane appeared, after.......so many episodes where he wasn't since the second episode of Season One. But he was there in the beginning just to fought by the three bat-heroes. So he wasn't on the team at all, something Bane fans would be disappointed. And I know people will remember a bad TB episode in Swamped. I thought of that when I realized Croc was returning. Which I why I didn't get the Strikes comic with him in it. Luckily, his appearence bad wasn't bad at all.

Also, we got a DCU reference as the name to this team was offered to be changed into Villians United. Until Penguin shut him up (that being Ragdoll).

In Season Three, Batgirl appeared and wanted to be by Batman's side. However problems occur to make her request sorta...delayed. So when Robin appears with Batman & Batgirl already there, of course Batgirl would get jealously. However that ended with this episode as Batgirl learned Bruce and Dick were Batman & Robin and got her wish to get into the batcave. So now developments with her, and the other two, are happening (FINALLY!). This will change people's thoughts on her.

If there is one thing people, like or hate, had with the show was Penguin. Sure Penguin is one of Batman's rogues, and one of the well known ones, but many had problems with the fact that he appeared most times than he should've. However, while he seems to have one episode this season (something people would love), this time he's doing something different than stealing: creating a supervillian team. Now when I heard that, I thought of JLA quickly but I knew that wouldn't be the case.

Overall, we got the first supervillian team for Batman to fight, Robin introduced to Batgirl and Batgirl herself in now WITHIN the team as her wish was granted. Changes continue to occur in the show and more people will begin to love it even more. This was a fun episode, and was funny at times and I can't wait for the next. big grin

RATING: 8/10

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 11:05
User Avatar callingcard
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Team Penguin:

Another great episode in season 4! Though it can't compare to last weeks opener, Team Penguin does deliver a a good comic episode which kind of breaks it up after last weeks sad but great episode! The whole transformation of Killer Moth was great. Another touch I loved was Batman taking Batgirl to the batcave and then showing her who he was. Finally she learns!! Smile Overall a great episode, can't wait for next weeks episode: Clay Faces!!!

8/10

"How about villains united?"
"How about you shut-up!"

" Take this guy...armed roberry, double homicide. Got a taste for the theatrics like you and leaves a calling card." Gordon BB
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 11:10
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

it was entertaining.

i just hope robin's cockiness dies down. reminds me of jason todd...a bit. maybe he'll get better.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 11:22
User Avatar Catfan
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I rather liked the bickering between Babs and Dick. It could lead to that romance the two had. It was also interesting for me to see Killer Moth as well.

Located at http://www.catwomanfan.com
The 1965 FBI Tribute site
MySpace: Batman 1969
CatfanBogota Catfan http://catwomanfan.com Send Private Message
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 11:24
User Avatar callingcard
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Here is the Schedule for Oct 7- Nov. 25

Oct. 7: Clay Faces
Oct. 14: A Matter of Family
Oct. 21: Clay Faces
Oct. 28: Team Penguin
Nov. 4: The Everywhere Man
Nov. 11: The Brealout
Nov. 18: Strange New World
Nov. 25: The Everywhere Man

" Take this guy...armed roberry, double homicide. Got a taste for the theatrics like you and leaves a calling card." Gordon BB
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 11:27
User Avatar ROBOTRON
Vigilante

Awards:
None

Again, Good Job. Some of my favorite villians return...too bad Bane didn't make the cut.

Batgirl becomes part of the team, united with Robin and Batman. Penguin puts together his own squad of Croc, Ragdoll, Firefly and ....Killer Moth the buffoon???

I don't know Killer Moth from the comics so this was his introduction to me. I sorta cringed when I saw he was an idiot, but he grew on me quickly. Then he changed into a monster and....I think I prefered the goony guy better even though he really had no powers. However...Killer Moth has arrived as Penguin's minion, at least in this episode.

Interaction between Batgirl and Robin while irritating at times, thier quibbling, was tolerable because it made sense...them meeting for the first time. Although quirky at first (again, understandable), the team(work) felt good.

I liked it.

8.4/10

Fight Like A ROBOT!!!
R0B0TR0N R0B0TR0N2000 http://www.freewebs.com/robotron Send Private Message
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 11:31
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

callingcard wrote:
Here is the Schedule for Oct 7- Nov. 25

Oct. 7: Clay Faces
Oct. 14: A Matter of Family
Oct. 21: Clay Faces
Oct. 28: Team Penguin
Nov. 4: The Everywhere Man
Nov. 11: The Brealout
Nov. 18: Strange New World
Nov. 25: The Everywhere Man

Is that all right?

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 12:40
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I don't know, I might not give it an 8. It was good, but still, I feel like there was someting missing. The Bickering was classic, like two kids who "hate" each other but truly like the other one.. (the way my son will "hate" a girl in his class..LOL)

I think it was the penguin part that really got to me. I am sick of him, he is over rated and over done. If we don't see him again the rest of the season, then I think I'll enjoy to episodes more.

I'm still unsure about HOW Babs found out who Batman and Robin is, though I liked how Bruce said "Shes Baraba Gordon"

It is good that she knows though, now they can train together...

Edited by Chris on 30-09-2006 12:46
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 13:06
User Avatar DavidG
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

i thought the episode was great, i really liked it alot, i really liked the scene where Robin shows up and Batgirl is wondering who he is, and i also liked why she found who Batman was it really great to see, and it was also great to see Batgirl and Robin training in the Batcave, i can,t wait to see next weeks episode, it,s going to be a great Season.
Edited by DavidG on 30-09-2006 13:26
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 14:21
User Avatar Azrael24
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

i thinkn the beginning was pretty cool until we found out it was just a stupid movie. like beyond im sick of penguin, i hope today was his last day!!

killer moth was alright, i totally didnt see him turning into charax coming. my brother said it was obvious

i liked the tension b/w batgirl and robin, its pretty obvious they like each other so they treat each other that way. i also like that batman showed batgirl who he is
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 14:38
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

We knew Moth would turn into Charax, simply because of the toys from Comic Con.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 15:10
User Avatar Xprime
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Excellent episode too bad Bane didnt have a bigger role though but i liked the arguing between Barbs and Dick and that Barbs FINALLY learned who Batman is and she finaly got to go to the Batcave. The Team Penguin was cool with reappearances from some of Batman's villians that we never get to see like Killer Croc and Ragdoll and Killer Moth was cool espicially wen he turned into that huge moth thing. Overall great episode just don't bring Penguin back
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 16:17
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

I only caught a bit of it, as I had to go out and help Dad put up the walls of the new woodshed. :| ...But from what I saw, it looked good. There were some pretty funny parts like Batman telling Dick Batgirl's true identity without hesitation. As for the two Bat-kids' relationship, I figured they'd act all cocky with each other; that's kids. It'll turn into puppy, er, batlove before ya know it.

I usually prefer serious villians, but Killer Moth's introduction was funny and good in its own way. I didn't see much past that though...

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 16:17
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

If you remember; in the Season Four thread, I posted a secret of season 4 that Babs would learn B&R's secret identites and be in the batcave. So, for those who read that, we knew she would know that. It as just a question of which episode.

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 16:23
User Avatar ROBOTRON
Vigilante

Awards:
None

LOL...

I had to watch this episode again.

ha ha ha....The Nerdy version Killer Moth is too funny...I miss him already now that he's the actual bug thing. His "Napoleon Dynamite" dialogue was just excellent (when he was talking about his skillz). I don't know.....Moth's voice, the costume with moths flying around his head...it fit. Ragdoll cracked me up too (another fav villian of mine) when he asked Moth what his special talents were: "Being attracted to bright lights, eating holes in sweaters"...I lol'd.

I still haven't seen the last episode of season 3, but the first two episodes of season 4 already beats all of season 3.

The Batman is finally helping ease my addiction cravings for Timm/Dini type DC toons.

*breathes*B) - I'm upgrading my rating to 8.7/10

EDIT: I want to make this clear...I'm tired of penguin...he's been in almost all the episodes, the movie, give us break.

That being said, surprisingly...I didn't mind him in this episode. :shocked:

*Looks at the schedule* Repeats after Oct 7??? bummer.

Fight Like A ROBOT!!!
Edited by ROBOTRON on 30-09-2006 16:38
R0B0TR0N R0B0TR0N2000 http://www.freewebs.com/robotron Send Private Message
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 17:57
User Avatar callingcard
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I must say I like Penguin. I think he was really enjoyable in this episode.....

RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 30-09-2006 18:13
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I thought it was good. I liked the picking between Batgirl and Robin, it reminded me of a brother and sister. Nice to see Batgirl brought into the Batcave, it makes her more of a team player now.

I have not seen enough episodes to be tired of Penguin yet (I did not have satellite until a couple weeks ago). I wondered when the twins were and why they were not part of Team Penguin.

RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 01-10-2006 01:14
User Avatar gogoedward
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

The scene in the batcave was pretty funny, especially Bruce simply revealing Bab's name when she didn't want to. The interaction between Bruce, Dick, and Babs was definately the highlight of the episode.

Killer Moth was a nice comedic relief character, but my god Penguin pick a gosh darn sidekick already! Kabuki Twins, Manbat, various trained birds, KillerMoth, make up your mind already!

The supporting badguys were all used well, and although Bane only got a small part I'm glad he at least showed up. I think I understand why he hasn't been used in so long, I mean.....how much can they do with him without rehashing the same episode over and over again? They did something sorta different when Joker went all Bane-ish, but even then it was like "giant badguy, use robot to defeat, the end"

A solid episode all around I'd say, with the real focus being on character development of the main 3.

gogoedward Send Private Message
RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 01-10-2006 10:49
User Avatar batgirl
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

It was pretty good!!! I really liked the first meeting between Batgirl and Robin. And I loved when Batman brough Batgirl into the Batcave. I already knew he was going to reval his identity to her, and it still shocked me a little.

RE: "Team Penguin" Discussion - Posted on 23-05-2009 10:21
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

UPDATING THIS THREAD

This is one of my fave episodes of the Batman. Totally loved it. Even though I am not a character on TB or an actual Batman character, I'm still part of Team Penguin. I loves Pengy!! But you already know that, LOL!!

I've basically seen all of the epy's of The Batman that had Ozzy in them. Well...except for the epy's from Season 3 because cartoon network will only show seasons 1 & 2 @ 11:30 @ night Mon-Friday. Oh well.

My favorite other Episodes Are:

Season 1:

- Call of the Cobblepot -- My absolute fave episode.
- Bird of Prey -- Fave scene is when Ozzy kicks Batman's butt. YA!

Season 2:

- Pets -- This episode is hilarious.
- The Laughing Bat -- Basically the part where Ozzy shows up and is all cute and what not.

Season 4:

- Team Penguin -- Great episode !!

Season 5:

- The End of the Batman -- I just happened to catch this episode and watched it because of Ozzy.

Other Episodes I watched and happened to like:

- Night and the City (season 2)
- Rumors (season 4)
- Riddled (season 2)
- JTV (Season 2)
- Strange Minds (Season 2)

It was this show and Batman: The Animated Series that got me into liking the Penguin. You can also thank the 1960's Batman TV Series, which I've watched online.

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.