Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | ANIMATION ALLEY | Beware The Batman, The Batman, Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

The Batman Comic Con '07 Panel - Posted on 28-07-2007 12:09
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

On Friday, the 27th of July, the WB had their animation panel on their two DC Comics shows that are about to hit their next new seasons: Legion of Superheroes & The Batman. Showing clips of the new seasons (which are not on the internet), the panels had those invovled with the show to speak about what's next for the shows.

Also moderated by TV Guide's Rich Sands, Michael Goguen returned for this panel, alongside Emmy-winning writer Alan Burnett, casting icon Andrea Romano and writer Stan Berkowitz (best know for his episodes on "Static Shock" and currently writting the adaptation of "DC: The New Frontier." as the second DTV).

The panel showed to the audience a trailer of the upcoming season with Batman being taken into space to meet Green Arrow, Green Lantern, The Flash and Hawkman, leading to him joining the Justice League.

Michael Goguen noted about teh changes for this season:

"This has kind of been always the plan of ours. We've always been interested in doing teamup episodes, so this is our teamup season. 13 episodes involve team ups. It's a lot of fun, a lot of action, just very fun episodes." So this season for The Batman could be considered the Brave and the Bold season.

This Batman is more of a social animal than the Dark Knight Detective many comic fans know. Alan Burnett noted by saying:

"He's evolved now. He has become sort of a natural leader, he tends to take control because he always seems to have a plan. I think you'll see him work individually with all the heroes you saw on the screen, and one other, and you'll see a finale with all of them. It's the natural evolution of Batman, sometimes he needs help, and then and more often than not, they need his help."

The season premiere will show well known leader in many version of the Justuice League: Superman. Batman will be meeting Superman, but this time around. joining the League first as well as other differences. Returning as Superman and Lois Lane are voice actors George Newbern and Dana Delany, best known for their protrayals in Justice League & Justice League Unlimited with Delany having been Lois before with Superman: The Animated Series before JL/JLU. And from both STAS and JL/JLU, Clancy Brown returns as Superman's nemesis Lex Luthor. Andrea Romano explained why the recast for the same characters in a different universe/show:

"Sometimes it's an artistic decision. Sometimes we need to recast, we're given a directive. This is a case of our series was picked up on Monday, and to hit our schedule, we had to record on Thursday. It takes a long time to cast, so I thought 'I think I did a good job the first time, I think I'm gonna ask them to come back.' So Clancy Brown came back, and George Newbern and Dana Delany. They're all just awesome. We try not to duplicate exactly what we've done, but sometimes it's all about the acting. I just let them loose and get out of their way."

Michael Goguen explained a little about how the two icons would meet and the differences in them for their show:

"Gotham is rebuilding, Superman is coming to present a check from Metropolis. Batman has joined the Justice League before Superman, and Superman is more of a loner. And he's more reticent to join up with any kind of League. He's a younger Superman, he's a little bit remote and serious."

As for the League themselves introduced in the season 4 finale:

- It was admitted that Green Lantern IS Hal Jordan

- Green Arrow, aka Oliver Queen, will have an episode that deals with his origin told in flashbacks. Also, he will eb voiced by Chris Hardwick.

- Hawkman didn't have a lot said.

- Stan Berkowitz admitted to everyone that The Flash is Barry Allen.

Alan Burnett told anyone in the audience that wanted Wally to "pretend that it's Wally." Alan also pointed out that:

"Our Batman has evolved, and this is kinda an updated version of the Silver Age. All of these characters are based on the Silver Age version of the characters." Which explains Barry.

Stan Berkowitz compared DC's origins with Marvel's orgins and said that:

"Marvel people have better origins, because they're more painful origins. This is our effort in trying to change that."

And what about villains?

- Harley Quinn will return, to be voiced by Teen Titans' Starfire Hynden Walch

- Batman villians returning will be: Black Mask, Scarface, Clayface, Black Mask, Bane, Hugo Strange, and Poison Ivy. "To name a few" Alan Burnett said.

- As far as Justice League villians: Sinestro (to be voiced by Miguel Ferrer), Metalllo, Lex Luthor, Mercy Graves, Phosphorus, The Wrath, Mirror Master (voiced by John Larroquette), and Toyman.

Alan Burnett also mentioned that "the movies have Ra's Al Ghul, Two-Face and Scarecrow off the table for now."

Dorian Harewood will return as Martian Manhunter, as well as Jerry O'connell will return as Nightwing (around mid season). And guest voices such as Peter MacNicol and Patton Oswalt for example.

The panel ended with Andrea Romano saying that "there should be more chicks. When I rule the animation kingdom, there will be more chicks." That had Michael Goguen asking "You don't rule it now?".

Like Legion of Superheroes, The Batman Season 5 will air on September 25th

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: The Batman Comic Con '07 Panel - Posted on 28-07-2007 12:46
User Avatar batgirl
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

This season is going to be so cool!!!! I'm really excited!!!!!!

And Nightwing is going to return!? Are they doing another future episode? That is cool!! I hope Oracle will be in it.

RE: The Batman Comic Con '07 Panel - Posted on 28-07-2007 13:04
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

if nightwing comes back, tim drake...please...lol.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: The Batman Comic Con '07 Panel - Posted on 28-07-2007 13:13
User Avatar batgirl
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

It would be cool if they aged Robin to Nightwing and made Batgirl a little older, but not Oracle yet. They need to let them grow a little eventually.

RE: The Batman Comic Con '07 Panel - Posted on 28-07-2007 21:43
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

sounds like a good idea. i think the nightwing in "Artifacts" is older than batman is in the show anyways.

if they're going to do another future episode, i would want the whole family in. batman, robin(tim), nightwing, batgirl(cassie), oracle, and maybe even azrael.

RE: The Batman Comic Con '07 Panel - Posted on 28-07-2007 22:12
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

More that was posted later after what I posted.

They showed the audience a teaser clip of what we can expect to see on the show. Among other things, the clip featured Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen in Gotham at a tribute to Superman. There was some nice dialogue between Jimmy and Dick. The clip also included a scene of Batman and Robin fighting Metallo and Superman greeting Batman as Bruce.

Some Q&A between the audience the panel:

Q: Where are the female heroes? Will we see Wonder Woman or Black Canary?
Goguen: Not this season, but Batgirl is in Season 5.

Q: Will we see Clark?
Burnett: Clark will be there and be a bumbling Clark. We’ll also see Oliver Queen and Hal Jordan.

Q: When you are doing the team-ups, will Robin or Batgirl be around?
Goguen: You’ll see them.

Q: How many more seasons will there be?
Romano: As many as they’ll let us do.

Q: If you could do a show of any DC character, what would it be?
Goguen: Green Lantern.
Burnett: The Metal Men.
Berkowitz: I had an idea once for an Elseworlds story. It’s the Superman story with the same origin, only Kryptonians are black. And the Kents find this baby in 1915, only he’s black. The rest would be the same.

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: The Batman Comic Con '07 Panel - Posted on 29-07-2007 08:20
User Avatar DavidG
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

this sounds like it is going to be a Great Season, I can't wait to see Superman, on The Show, and I am really looking forward to seeing Batman Join The Justice League.
RE: The Batman Comic Con '07 Panel - Posted on 29-07-2007 12:08
User Avatar robinboy7
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I heard that nightwing was coming but it is not a future episodenightwing I hope this means that they make a nightwing action figure and wasn't aquaman going to be on the show?

"Somebody's got to help him. Might as well be me."
Dick Grayson-Robin year one
RE: The Batman Comic Con '07 Panel - Posted on 29-07-2007 14:57
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

OHH! maybe nightwing will travel back in time to help them(current time) with some kind of crazy villian, lol. that would be pretty cool.

Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.