Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | ANIMATION ALLEY | Beware The Batman, The Batman, Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 11-02-2008 20:08
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

When Shadow Thief teams up with Black Mask to steal an entire building, Hawkman arrives in Gotham to give Batman an assist. Robert Patrick ("The Unit," "Terminator 2: Judgment Day") voices Hawkman. The episode is written by Alexx Van Dyne and directed by Christopher Berkeley.

Official Pics:

Edited by Chris on 11-02-2008 20:15
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 11-02-2008 21:00
User Avatar Batman_Freak
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I really hope this one isnt a dissapointment. It looks great, lets hope it really is. And I really think it will be!

<----Cool Batman
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 11-02-2008 21:22
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

lol, i think people on batmanytb have been giving TB way too many chances. i've actually liked most of the episodes since the beginning. but everyone else is saying "oh, maybe the next one will be better." maybe this isn't the show for you? haha.

but man, they did good with hawkman's design. they got rid of his huge hawk nose thing he had in the end of season 4.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 11-02-2008 23:43
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

No, its just Batman_Freak who has hopes for the show. He's consistent in saying the same thing.

"I can't wait to see this episode! It's going to be great!"
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 14-02-2008 14:39
User Avatar Ed Schulz
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Since I'll be out all day, I'll watch the episode on youtube.com whenit's uploaded.riddler2

"Wars come and go, but all soldiers stay eternal."

-Tupac Shakur
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 14-02-2008 21:34
User Avatar Batman_Freak
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Ed, you don't got DVR or even VHS? Yea, yea its old fashioned and "Out of Style" but hey its way better quality and a bigger screen (depending on the size of your TV....)

<----Cool Batman
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 16-02-2008 12:03
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

THE BATMAN – 511 – WHAT GOES UP…

PLOT:
When Shadow Thief teams up with Black Mask to steal an entire building, Hawkman arrives in Gotham to give Batman an assist.

REVIEW:
Looking back at our last team-up episode, Ring Toss; it was an exciting episode that gave me the same feeling I had when I saw the first team-up this season with Batman & Superman. Both Sinestro and Green Lantern were handled well, even though Dermot Mulroney’s voice was okay. To this day, I have not rewatched that episode but it’s still there in my mind to rewatch it to get a second hearing of Mulroney as GL. Now after three episodes of no team-ups, we finally get another one, this time before the season finale. Hawkman was a character who I liked, but it wasn’t enough for me to buy any comic book with him in it. I have read the Rann-Thanagar War and has been in JSA, which I review, so I have been reading him from the comics nowadays. Pre-airing; when Robert Patrick was announced as Hawkman’s voice actor, I didn’t have a problem with him (I usually don’t because I wait til I hear a actor/actress play the role). The one thing I did try to see in my mind with no luck was how his voice would fit the character of Hawkman. Before, in the Filmation Hawkman shorts and in JLU, Hawkman’s voice was deep with the JLU version having a bit of elegent in it. Robert’s voice is a raspy voice that can go down in tone but not deep. So wondering how he would sound was on my mind before watching it. Let’s see “What Goes Up…”

Our episode begins in Arkham Asylum, where they are trying to get the mask off of Black Mask. But from the shadows, Shadow Thief subdues all of them and successfully helps Black Mask escapes. In a museum, Shadow Thief attempts to steal a rock from the Thangar system, where the police alarm is triggered. Batman & Robin arrive, and while they handle Black Mask’s men, Shadow Thief becomes a tough foe. That is until Hawkman arrives. Black Mask escapes, with the Batmobile and Hawkman pursuing him. But Shadow Thief still proves tough when he subdues Hawkman, and blinds the Batmobile that makes the car to go through a cliff. Bracing for impact, Hawkman manages to catch them,. Back at the Batcave, Hawkman reveals that Shadow Thief is human, and that they are using Nth Element from his homeworld. Looking for their enemies, Hawkman spots Shadow Thief but sets up a trap: a train has been connected to Nth element, and is going up to the sky non stop…

When Hawkman appeared, I was waiting to hear Robert Patrick’s voice, and when I finally heard him, he didn’t sound like what he is normally. But that was a couple of words. When he finally was saying more complete lines, I finally heard part of his own voice. I should have expected that, since they do sync and change some actors’ voice. The only drawback was that for the first half of the episode, his voice at times sounded corny saying the lines. But pass that, it became normal, or it was that he gotten use to. The joke, however, were a different story. At the end, if Robert Patrick is the voice of Hawkman against for the two-part finale coming up next, then hopefully more work will be done to make him fine.

Overall, this wasn’t the best episode of the team-ups. In fact, I didn’t like it at all. The plot about Black Mask stealing a building made no sense to me until I realize it was just bank job. Still, the team-up between Shadow Thief and Black Mask made no sense either way you looked at it. Without Black Mask, and just Shadow Thief doing something that catches the eyes of Batman & Hawkman would’ve made sense. At first I thought Shadow Thief was revamped for the show because, since the only version I know was from JLU, I thought he was just a shadow entity. Looking up information about him during the episode, I was wrong. Now with Hawkman being the last team-up, it’s time for the season finale where we’ll have the entire Justice League back on the show for the two-parter. But we have to wait til the CW decides, from their own precious time, when to schedule it. But back on “What Goes Up…”, it just wasn’t good. And I don’t think I can see myself rewatching it again in an attempt to get a second opinion.

RATING: Blah

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 16-02-2008 12:40
User Avatar ROBOTRON
Vigilante

Awards:
None

:| 6.8/10 rating

Why would Black Mask be housed in Arkham?

Anyway, Hawkman's appearance in Gotham was pretty cool, although the plot far-fetched. However, I enjoyed his and Batman's interaction...especially Robin. He was excellent comedy relief as a ceiling walker, lol. Black Mask is pretty heartless letting his #1 guy float to the moon.

Shadow thief was pretty cool, since I really don't know much about him other than what I saw of him on JLU, this incarnation of him was adequate. He was pretty ruthless as well.

I know this is off topic a bit but The WB's March line seems pretty lame with the exception of Spiderman. Will The Batman and LOSH be replaced with the putrid new shows I saw debuting? I skipped past the intolerable thumb wrestling crap by fast forwarding the DVR. I may have missed whether or not TB and LOSH would be discontinued in March and replaced with this new line up.

Fight Like A ROBOT!!!
R0B0TR0N R0B0TR0N2000 http://www.freewebs.com/robotron Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 16-02-2008 12:51
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

I missed it sad
but as long it was better than the last episode im happy

ultraconvoy.com
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 16-02-2008 13:11
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I'm not sure when LOSH is returning, but I'm betting TB will air it's last two shows in April or May..

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 16-02-2008 22:08
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

This was just a so-so show to me. Black Mask looked great and I’d like to see more in depth stores about him and some of the lesser known Batman villains. This show had it’s moments, but for the most part I thought it stunk.

RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 17-02-2008 16:51
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i didn't think it was that bad. it was the only bat-cartoon around, so i didn't complain.

hopefully a new batman series would come up. and maybe...just maybe it will have tim drake as robin, not dick grayson.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 19-02-2008 14:04
User Avatar Ed Schulz
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I just seen the episode on youtube.com and it was great to watch. I like the way the animators sticked to the original Silver Age Hawkman costume design with a few modifications(I never did like the Post-ZH/JSA/Reborn Hawkman costume with no red trunks). And I assume that was Katar Hol and not Carter Hall.

"Wars come and go, but all soldiers stay eternal."

-Tupac Shakur
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 20-02-2008 13:24
User Avatar DavidG
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

i thought the Episode, was great, i really enjoyed seeing Hawkman, on it, and it was great to see Black Mask, again, my favorite Scene in the Episode, is when Hawkman, saved Batman, and Robin, from Black Mask, i can,t wait to see the final Two Episodes, they are going to be great.Smile
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 24-02-2008 20:27
User Avatar Nightwing_Girl
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I thought this episode was fairly good, especially compared aganst some of the other episodes.
[quote]Phil wrote:
i didn't think it was that bad. it was the only bat-cartoon around, so i didn't complain.
quote]
Same here.

I do have one question: How did Batman get Robin off the ceiling?
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 24-02-2008 20:53
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

I wanted eveyone to know that a preview to the series finale, Lost Heroes, will air on March 8th. While unknown on if it is the case, theer is a possibility that they took the two episodes and retooled them as a movie. But, again, we don';t know yet.

So we now know: Lost Heroes airs March 8th!

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 511 - What Goes Up... - Posted on 25-02-2008 00:09
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

ive been workin this entire year without a single saturday morning off to really see batman and its already over. crap on wheels well i hope i get the 8th off

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.