Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | DCU Animated Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 14-09-2007 21:37
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Superman Doomsday inaugurates the DC Universe line of original animated films. Superman Doomsday is produced by Warner Bros. Animation, presented by DC comics, and distributed by Warner Premiere and Warner Home Video.

Produced by Bruce Timm (Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Animated Series) and written by Duane Capizzi (The Batman, The Batman vs. Dracula), Superman Doomsday is inspired by the best-selling graphic novel of all time, DC Comics’ The Death of Superman. When the intergalactic serial killer Doomsday is unearthed, Superman meets the creature head on in the battle to end all battles. Going punch for punch, Superman finally ends the threat of Doomsday as he throws one last punch and collapses forever – making the ultimate sacrifice to save Metropolis and all those he once loved. And that’s just the first third of the movie ...

Utilizing the vast history and tradition of DC Comic’s classic comic book stories along with a more provocative and action-packed story line for avid comic fans as well as kids and their parents, Superman Doomsday features the voices of Adam Baldwin (“Independence Day”) as Superman, Anne Heche (“Men in Trees”) as Lois Lane and James Marsters (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) as Lex Luthor. The film is rated PG-13 for action violence.

You can check out more info and pictures Here!

Edited by Chris on 14-09-2007 21:46
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 18-09-2007 13:29
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

The movie has arrived on DVD!

A GREAT MOVIE!

A GREAT, GREAT, GREAT MOVIE!!!

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 18-09-2007 15:50
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

can't wait to see it!

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 18-09-2007 22:00
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

just saw it! better than superman returns...imo.

if anyone feels too lazy to go buy it, it's on demand for comcast and fios. only 3.99 or so. it's worth a watch. i'm no superman fan, but it didn't feel like superman to me. it was 10x better than the superman i'm used to.

not for kids!! it was pretty sickening. maybe not the visuals, but more of the concepts and stuff. it also had some off screen head snapping/breaking. in some cases, the off screen scenes give a more psychological impact.

RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 19-09-2007 21:36
User Avatar ROBOTRON
Vigilante

Awards:
None

It rocked...especially after Doomsday was defeated. The other superman fight was cool.

rate DVD 8.10

Fight Like A ROBOT!!!
R0B0TR0N R0B0TR0N2000 http://www.freewebs.com/robotron Send Private Message
RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 20-09-2007 16:28
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

if anyone was disappointed with how inaccurate of w/e it was compared to the comic; i think it's actually pretty similar.

WARNING: spoilers ahead...

that one superman clone was pretty much superboy, erradicator, and cyborg superman combined. first off, he was a clone made by lex(superboy), he was more violent and believed in killing enemies(erradicator), and well..he's evil(cyborg superman).

i'm hoping that they'll do a spin off, and make one of the superman clones survive, and become superboy. that's my wish..

RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 20-09-2007 20:33
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I agree with you Phil, he was pretty much all three combined. We watched it last night, well, I watched it earlier, and my wife even agreed it was the best out of all the Superman movies.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 20-09-2007 21:16
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Actually Phil, you're wrong on one thing. He is not evil. If you listen to the commentary, Bruce Timm says that Dark Superman (that's the name) wasn't evil, he was doing the rigth thing because he wanted to protect Metropolis. It was his intent on how to do it, that was divided and complex.

But you are right that it's 3 in 1. But for Cyborg Superman, it would have to be that it was a duplicate.

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

Edited by Nate on 20-09-2007 21:18
RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 20-09-2007 23:08
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

oh, well at least i got the concept right. haha.

i cant wait for new frontier. bruce timm said jeremy sisto's voice will be really good; i wonder what he sounds like..he said we'll lose our crap.

RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 25-09-2007 09:29
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

From what I would estimate it has been nearly 15 years since Superman died in the comics. It doesn't seem like any event in comics has been as widely publicized as that. I read the comics as they were released over the nearly year time period.

The scriptwriters did an excellent job converting what could easily be a 4 hour movie encompassing a good portion of the DCU. The action sequences were handled reall well. You can feel the blows between Superman and Doomsday/the Clone. They also did a nice job of slipping in Doomsday's origin in a thowaway line from Kelex.

Probably the best two shots for me were when Superman fell and they pulled the image from Superman #75 and placed it exactly into the movie. The other is when Superman returns and hold Lois assuring her that it really is him, which is also pulled straight out of the comic. Those winks to the comic fans really made the movie for me.

The design changes were great. Just close enough to the DCAU styles to be familiar, but different enough to assure you that this is not in continuity with anything. Exactly how I think that these movies should be.

The only issue I have is that Superman had not revealed his identity to Lois. I guess they wanted to have Lois figuring it out as a subplot in the movie, but is it necessary for them to be having a romantic relationship while keeping this major secret about his life from her?

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 25-09-2007 09:50
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Well I guess the reason I can think of for the Lois/Superman relationship in the film, with her being the one who already knew Clark was Superman before he ever told her, was maybe because they wanted to merge what happened post-Crisis with Lois & Clark/Superman with the classic well known take.

This is sorta similar to Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman where it started out with the classic Lois/Clark/Superman love triangle until they went modern. I guess they went with something similar.

That's my only guess.

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 25-09-2007 13:17
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Nate wrote:
Well I guess the reason I can think of for the Lois/Superman relationship in the film, with her being the one who already knew Clark was Superman before he ever told her, was maybe because they wanted to merge what happened post-Crisis with Lois & Clark/Superman with the classic well known take.

A part of me dies asking this because of the irony, but what is "the classic well known take"? Never, to my knowledge, has Superman wisked Lois off for a weekend fling in the Fortress before he revealed his identity to her. In the post Crisis era, after he revealed his identity, they became romantic, but not before.

This is sorta similar to Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman where it started out with the classic Lois/Clark/Superman love triangle until they went modern. I guess they went with something similar.

That's my only guess.

They still didn't get heavily romantic in Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman until after he revealed that Clark and Superman were the same (actually it was after they were married).

I can understand that in a PG-13 cartoon there is can be some implied activity (man, I am running out of metaphors), but let's at least not have it before Lois knows about Superman's other life.

This is really a small point for me. I actually did enjoy the movie.

RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 25-09-2007 13:26
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Okay, nuff said

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 25-09-2007 15:01
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Darknight wrote:
[
They still didn't get heavily romantic in Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman until after he revealed that Clark and Superman were the same (actually it was after they were married).

Actually, The two started dating, then when Clark asked Lois to marry him, she asked "Whose asking, tyou, or Superman'?

So she knew WAY before they were married..

RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 26-09-2007 14:19
User Avatar Ed Schulz
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Well I hated it! First, they Jonathan Kent is dead(they trying to use the Pre-Crisis era), second, Luthor's voice sounded "weird", and last this might as well be called "Frank Miller's Superman"!

"Wars come and go, but all soldiers stay eternal."

-Tupac Shakur
RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 26-09-2007 16:35
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

What did you see as Frank Miller-ish about it?

It's not like there was an excessive film noir style voice over or people getting shot a dozen times and never flinching (which you can kinda do with Superman, I guess).

I found the voice actor changes to be jarring for a bit, but I eventually got over it.

RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 26-09-2007 17:13
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

I'm sorry Ed Schulz, but what you said was wrong. Very wrong. This isn't a Frank Miller Superman by any means. This just a more matured, PG-13 Superman movie.

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 28-09-2007 19:15
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

It has been revealed on Reuters that Superman Doomsday was placed 4th in the Top DVD sales for Sept. 18th to the 23rd. It was ahead of the new Barbie film. And you know what? Smallville Season 6 was placed two spots below it. The article can be found here:

http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/idUSN2628195120070927

(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.

RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 29-09-2007 04:24
User Avatar BornAgainBatman
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
Medal 

now i need to see this.....BYTBMad
godcomingsoon7 godcomingsoon7 myspace.com/andyakalife Send Private Message
RE: Superman / Doomsday Talkback - Posted on 29-09-2007 10:39
User Avatar Dick G
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

the last fight scene was brill
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.