Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | DCU Animated Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 28-02-2008 08:25
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

make up your mind bornagainbatman!!! haha. you don't seem to have an opinion, you just agree with whoever says something.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 28-02-2008 09:37
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Haha, you're right, Phil. I was re-reading his posts and he's constantly changing his opinion to agree with Chris. First he says he loved it and telling us to buy the DVD then after Chris states his opinion, suddenly "Oh the plot was weak."
RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 28-02-2008 17:36
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

well i just picked up thedvd and havent had the chace to actually watch it so im hoping its good

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 16-03-2008 23:50
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I just watched this tonight. I liked the art better than the Comic Book and better than the action figures. I did not like Batman’s voice. It would have been cool to see Bruce Wayne in there too and see if the voice changed any.

The story was OK, but I thought it was too drawn out and too predictable. Nothing too dramatic and nothing too shocking except for some of the violence that was a little edgy for a DC animated movie.

It was interesting seeing these superheroes set in the early 1950’s and1960’s era. That was a nice change of pace. Superman: Doomsday was far better and so were some of the much earlier films like Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm. This film is worth getting for the DC or Comic Book Movie fan and worth the DVD rental for the more casual movie lover.

RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 17-03-2008 00:36
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

really? i thought it was better than superman doomsday.

RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 21-03-2008 14:23
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

If it wasn't better than Superman: Doomsday then I sure don't want to see it. That movie was like watching just another JL or JLU episode, didn't like it at all.
RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 21-03-2008 14:48
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

wait so you said you didn't want to see it, implying you didn't see it. but then you went ahead and said you didn't like it, implying you did watch it. contradiction much?

i don't see the reason for the hate...especially from fans. strange...fans hate the very things they're fans of.

all i have to say about new frontier is that it's a really unique movie. and i also like the message that it gives.

RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 21-03-2008 21:55
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I agree that New Frontier is “unique” and I also like the message. I did not think Superman Doomsday was just another JLU episode, it was better than that. I don’t see the reason for the hate either. There are many different versions of Batman and other DC characters in the many TV shows and films of the past. All of them have some merit, although not all of them are that great compared to each other.

RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 21-03-2008 23:49
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Phil wrote:
wait so you said you didn't want to see it, implying you didn't see it. but then you went ahead and said you didn't like it, implying you did watch it. contradiction much?

i don't see the reason for the hate...especially from fans. strange...fans hate the very things they're fans of.

all i have to say about new frontier is that it's a really unique movie. and i also like the message that it gives.

No man, I meant I didn't like Superman: Doomsay, so if JL:TNF isn't better than Sbig grinD, then I don't want to see JL:TNF.
RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 22-03-2008 11:40
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It's all a matter of opinion. I didn't like JL: TNF as well as I did Superman Doomsday, but it's not because of the swearing, or the blood, it just felt to old.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 23-03-2008 22:25
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

You can't really depend on us to tell you whether The New Frontier is better than Superman: Doomsday because all opinions will vary. Some will say New Frontier is better than Doomsday while others might say the opposite.

I liked The New Frontier overall. There were some aspects I felt could've been done better but it was a good movie. I really liked it taking place after World War II and before the Cold War began.

In the end, it'll still be up to you whether you want to watch it.
RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 24-03-2008 13:45
User Avatar Darknight
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well, it only took close to a month for me to get around to watching this, which is better than most of the DVDs I buy.

I made sure and read the comic series first because I wanted to be able to pick up on any winks and nods that may be in the movie for the comic readers. I felt that the movie was significantly better than the comic. To me the irony of the comic was that it was a story that drug out a huge pile of plot threads entirely too long to get to the ending in a story set in a time when comics typically finished up a story in 3 issues at the longest. The movie cut a lot of fat off of the story and produced what I consider a superior product (this is probably the first time I have ever said that the adaption was better than the source material).

One failing of both versions was the loss of the feeling of being set in the Cold War. The movie generally washes over it, and the comic loses focus towards the end.

The overall plot is pretty lame and over done. This may be intentional (I've never really read any interviews about it) because so many stories focused on the good guys beating some big Earth destroying monster back in the Silver Age. If it was intentional, I can let it go, but it really isn't the most gripping of stories.
What I really enjoyed was the evolution of the characters. We see Superman become the main superhero. In the Golden age he largely acted alone, just like everyone else, and had little influence on the superhero community. As comics entered the Silver Age, Superman became the leader that we get a hint of at the end of the movie. Batman's softening of his image was pretty cool to see to as well.

As an aside, I really liked the voice acting for Batman, that is the closest to the voice I "hear" when I read the comics than anyone else. Kevin Conroy sounded cool and all, but always has felt off to me. It is not something I can explain, just a personal preference.

I got little enjoyment out of the blood, violence, and language. I knew it was coming because of the PG-13 rating and the contents in the comic. However, this movie's title included Justice League in it. How difficult is it to imagine a parent seeing this and picking it up for their young kid who enjoyed the Justice League cartoon that was on Cartoon Network? Then a few minutes into the movie they are both curled up on the couch together watching Hal JOrdan have blood splashed on his face when he shoots someone. Warner Brothers marketing should really be more careful next time they allow a title like that to happen. The movie should have retained the DC title that the comic had to set it apart better. My copy had a sticker on it that pointed out the rating of the movie, but it's not too hard to imagine that not being noticed.

I did enjoy the movie. I think that the driving plot could be better, but the source material has the same weakness. Is it the end all be all of modern comic movies? No, not even close. It is fun viewing for teens and adults.

SGFin99 Send Private Message
RE: Official "Justice League: The New Frontier DTV " Talkback - Posted on 17-04-2009 13:44
User Avatar DiscowingCanon84
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Ok so I saw the movie on netflix.com it was great but it scared the crap out of me but i liked the part where it introduce robin and batman says "did you finish your homework" I don't know why but I started laughing really hard . Oh and I am A Buffy The Vampire Slayer Fan confused and a How I Met Your Mother Fan. and David Boreanaz was Green Lantern (who I like) and NPH (who i like) was the flash (who i am somewhat a fan of)
Edited by DiscowingCanon84 on 25-08-2010 12:20
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.