Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | DCU Animated Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 8 of 8 << < 5 6 7 8
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 06-08-2008 15:30
User Avatar Matches Malone
Vigilante

Awards:
None

Personally I didnt like Gotham Knight at all. I think they were a bit to ambitious with the idea of 6 writers and 6 animators. The one with Dead Shot is the best out of all the storys. The first one in my opinon was the worst. I dunno I just couldnt buy into the style of the animation. The way they made bruce wayne look in the 3 one i believe was bad. He looked like a 105 pound teenager.

twitter.com/mtthwsims Send Private Message
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 06-08-2008 19:55
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

Chris wrote:

The only reason for the second disc I can see is the two features, "Batman & Me: The Bob Kane Story" and "A Mirror for the Bat"

We've not got a 2 disc version here (UK). Simply the straight up 1 disc job.

I think this is alright, but I'm not as thrilled with it as I thought I would be. I've actually still only seen 5 of them. Given the fact I'm a complete junkie for any Bat-DVD related, that says quite a bit. I found it ok. I did like the animation - but the stories weren't always great.
Edited by real-dark-knight on 06-08-2008 19:56
Message Send Private Message
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 06-08-2008 21:45
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

my favorite was "working through pain"

but after seeing the likes of the dark knight, gotham knight just doesn't feel as good anymore. lol.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 07-08-2008 09:32
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

lol, its true. Somehow Gotham Knight lost its hype after The Dark Knight came out.

I'm in the middle of watching Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and its reaffirming that Phantasm is the best animated Batman movie. Gotham Knight is still a good movie but Phantasm is flawless.

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 07-08-2008 10:24
User Avatar Matches Malone
Vigilante

Awards:
None

I havent seen this mask of the phantasm. Worth picking up i hear?

twitter.com/mtthwsims Send Private Message
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 07-08-2008 14:59
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Holiday wrote:
I havent seen this mask of the phantasm. Worth picking up i hear?

It's the apex of BTAS, if you like the animated series then you'll probably love it.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 07-08-2008 21:20
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I hope I'm not turning this thread into a Gotham Knight bashing because I don't want to. Gotham Knight was a good movie because it gave us a new interpretation of Batman and it appeals to more people. I think a marketing flaw was they tried to connect it with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight which wasn't necessary. It could've very well stood on its own.

However, Phantasm was its own film. It had a complete story with all the elements necessary to make it great. Love, revenge, madness, tragedy, comedy, drama, etc. The major characters were well developed and you got a sense of who they were as a person.

It did change the motivation of Batman and inspiration a little but it still worked out to be very acceptable (at least I thought so)

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 29-08-2008 17:08
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Well, I keep saying I need to watch it again, I've seen it 1 and a half times. The first chapter was pretty dumb, but other than that, it had some great moments. I liked "Deadshot" the best, it had my favorite animation style, and it had good action.

Overall, not bad, I'd rather it have been a single story with one animation style though. But it's great to see the Nolan universe expand.

This is the first DC Universe DVD I've personally bought. I'd really really love to see The Long Halloween done as an animated movie, but PLEASE, PLEASE make it look just like the comic book.
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 29-08-2008 18:57
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

yeah, i think tim sale's art style could be translated to animation nicely. i could see them doing a trilogy: long halloween, dark victory, and haunted knight. or they can just cram all of it into one movie, and call it batman: holidays with hangman, lol.

but i really enjoyed gotham knight. i LOVED it. don't know why so many people didn't like it. every segment was so cool.

have i got a story for you-shadow batman, iron man-bat, legit batman
crossfire-jim lee lookin batman
field test-gatchaman meets batman
in darkness dwells- dark dark dark
working through pain-explores the psychology of batman
deadshot-amazing animation and design (kawajiri is anime master)

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 30-08-2008 11:47
User Avatar Batkilt
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

One thing I didn't like was Deadshot begging Batman for mercy. That's it.
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 30-08-2008 13:08
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Phil wrote:
yeah, i think tim sale's art style could be translated to animation nicely. i could see them doing a trilogy: long halloween, dark victory, and haunted knight. or they can just cram all of it into one movie, and call it batman: holidays with hangman, lol.

but i really enjoyed gotham knight. i LOVED it. don't know why so many people didn't like it. every segment was so cool.

have i got a story for you-shadow batman, iron man-bat, legit batman
crossfire-jim lee lookin batman
field test-gatchaman meets batman
in darkness dwells- dark dark dark
working through pain-explores the psychology of batman
deadshot-amazing animation and design (kawajiri is anime master)

Ha ha, yeah, except Haunted Knight isn't a sequel or anything to the other two, so wouldn't that be kind of weird?

"Crossfire" was pretty cool, but I found myself only entertained when Batman was on screen, which isn't until the end of the segment. "Field Test" was pretty cool. "In Darkness Dwells" along with "Deadshot" are my favorites. And "Working Through Pain" seem to have more promise when it first started but I didn't dig it so much after it ended. Anyways, I really do need to watch it again, I'd probably have a better opinion once I do.
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 31-08-2008 15:38
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

Detective wrote: Anyways, I really do need to watch it again, I'd probably have a better opinion once I do.

I'm the same, but I've not got round to it yet.

I'm hoping I'm more impressed 2nd time around
Message Send Private Message
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 21-01-2009 00:10
User Avatar jpharrah
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I just got finished watching it this is what I think... personally they shouldn't have done the multiple artists if they just used the guy who did the deadshot art work the whole movie would have been better. That said I really liked the stories thought they were all really well written and well done..
i think the only one i could really complain about was the first one with the kids. Simply cause it was very unoriginal since they did almost the same exact episode in one of the Animated series shows. Where the kids all had their opinions about batman on a similar event.

Other then that despite my two complaints id say its 9.5-10 I think Kevin Conroy should be used for every adult catered animated version of Batman from this point til he obviously can't do it anymore cause his voice just IS BATMAN as far as im concerned. I hope the next movie they decide to do is less on the jap anime style and more western but I think thats where they are taking the series so I wont get my hopes up
Page 8 of 8 << < 5 6 7 8
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.