Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | DCU Animated Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > >>
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 02-03-2008 08:18
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

well at least we have kevin conroy on board!

i'm hoping that there will be a japanese version sooner or later though.

if there are other voices for batman in the different segments, the only other voice i could think of is steve blum. steve blum is like THE voice actor for any deep voiced character. lol.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 02-03-2008 16:02
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

i could care less who is voicing batman as long as its not the guy from a new froniter did u guys like that dvd? i didnt care for it

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 02-03-2008 22:03
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

what??? that movie rocks! and jeremy sisto was a really good batman.

what a surprise! i must say...for the time i've been in BYTB, it's been awesome. but for batman fans, they sure do hate a lot of batman stuff. there were people who didn't like the recent cartoons, the dtvs, and there was even one who didn't like batman begins. i'll never forget that guy, Bat-Man. hahaha.

anyway...that means you do care who voices batman...i mean if you dont want jeremy sisto to voice him. voice is really important; you cant have tom kenny voicing batman or something like that.

RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 02-03-2008 23:04
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

true and its not that i hated the voice but for the way they drew batman his voice just didnt seem right for the charicter thats all im trying to say. and a new frontier i dont think can be considerd a batman dvd because he was only in like 5 parts of the movie and only 2 of em where he was fighting and thats only if u count the plane scene and in only 2 parts was he really doing any detective thing and he only had one "batman line" as i like to call em. and it went something like (batman) "ive got a $120,000 rock for the one in mitropolas and all i need for you is a pennie for a book of matches" i dont know call me bad sport but i think it could have been just a bit better or at least longer.

RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 03-03-2008 10:20
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I think we're getting a little off topic by talking about New Frontier. Before getting back to Gotham Knight, I would just like to say that no of course New Frontier wasn't a Batman DVD. Why would someone try to make it a Batman movie? Its about the JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Anyway, I'm hoping Kevin Conroy voices all the Batmans in the DTV. That would be amazing.
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 03-03-2008 17:13
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

your absoulutly right but if u look at its really not evin the justice leauge its more of just green lantern and flash

RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 03-03-2008 20:27
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

kevin conroy's voice doesn't match all of the segments, but i wouldnt mind having him voice all of them. i just cant see him voice the batman with the neck brace-looking thing; the long haired bruce.

i think i mentioned before, but it might be cool to have some batman veterans. maybe rino romano for the younger looking bruces/batmans?

RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 16-03-2008 09:20
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

wow! if you haven't seen the ad yet, look at it at the "Latest Photos" on the left.

the batman shown on the bottom right is obviously inspired by hush. i can't wait to see it!!! the only thing about that design is that he has his chin covered. otherwise, it's almost like jim lee's batman come to life.

RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 19-03-2008 16:43
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Voice cast has been announced:

http://www.batmanytb.com/advanced_news/ans.php?readmore=412

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 19-03-2008 19:46
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

a lot of batman related series veterans i see. will friedle, kevin michael richardson, george newbern, and scott menville.

i'm curious as to who scott menville will voice. i hate his voice so much, lol. so whiny.

RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 19-03-2008 19:56
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Every news gets better! I could totally see Will Friedle playing one of the Bruce Wayne/Batman characters in the event that Conroy wasn't playing all the Batmans.

This sounds like a great cast and just when i thought it couldn't get more exciting, news like this just makes me impatient for July. LOL
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 19-03-2008 20:52
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I'm glad to see Dourdan's playing a lead, I'm a little dissapointed it's not Gordon though; I think he has a great weariness to his voice that could have done well for Gordon.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 19-03-2008 21:50
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I can see Will Friedle playing this Batman:

Edited by Chris on 19-03-2008 21:57
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 20-03-2008 07:17
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Yes, that's exactly the Batman I was picturing Will Friedle could play.
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 20-03-2008 07:33
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Two New pics!

http://www.batmanytb.com/news.php?readmore=413

RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 20-03-2008 11:16
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i think his terry voice in "Epilogue" from JLU would be good.

RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 21-03-2008 14:59
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

To be honest, I've been wanting a Batman anime (or at least anime type) movie or show. I figured that would probably be the only way Batman would actually look like he does in the comics, and now it's here! Looks really amazing.

I thought it would be cool if Christian Bale voiced Batman, but Kevin Conroy will be good too.

The PG-13 ratings for the DCAM are just kind of stupid, in my opinion. It's like they're trying to bring these movies to a new audience who are not going to buy the movies anyway, they'll be selling to the same audience who are going to buy the movies whatever they're rated. Putting cursing and sensuality in cartoons just seems wrong and disturbing *cough* superman doomsday *cough* (Not that it's ever RIGHT in live action). I probably sound like a preacher and a "Holy Roller" or whatever it's called, but oh well. Also, I just have to roll my eyes at the "First Ever ______ Movie Rated PG-13!" sticker on these things (complete with an exclamation point!).
RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 21-03-2008 16:16
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i like pg-13 rating. if new frontier wasn't pg-13, it just wouldn't be as good. new frontier is pretty much a war movie; try making a war movie without blood.

i think the cursing is fine as long as the heroes are the ones cursing. and as far as sex goes, as long as they keep it implied, not showed obviously. then i think it's ok. they leave enough room for interpretation.

and you're wrong about the audience being the same. the current dcu movies got my friends interested who've only thought of super heroes only as kids stuff. with better marketing, these movies could do so well...for now, i provide advertisements for my friends telling them that they HAVE to watch them, lol.

RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 21-03-2008 21:13
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I can confirm that Conroy plays ALL of the Batman.

I can also confirm that his voice fits them alll, except for this one:

His voice is to old and deep for this Batman/Bruce, but the rest sounds good...

RE: "Batman: Gotham Knight" Official Talkback - Posted on 23-03-2008 08:26
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

If Conroy softens his tone like he did in Mask of the Phantasm, I think it'll work out.
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.