Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | DCU Animated Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 04-08-2008 19:59
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Wonder Woman

On Blu-Ray, DVD and On Demand February 2009

Synopsis: On the mystical island of Themyscira, a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons have raised a daughter of untold beauty, grace and strength – Princess Diana. When an Army fighter pilot, Steve Trevor, crash-lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the god of War) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazonians and has decided to exact his revenge - intending to start a world war that will not only last for centuries – but will wipe out every living being on the planet, starting with the Amazons! It is up to Princess Diana to save her people and the world – by using her gifts and becoming the ultimate Wonder Woman!

Voice Talent: Keri Russell (Felicity, Waitress)-voice of Wonder Woman, Nathan Fillion (Waitress, Desperate Housewives)- voice of Steve Trevor, Virginia Madsen (Sideways)-voice of Hypolyta, Oliver Platt (West Wing, Huff) -voice of Hades , David McCallum (The Man From U.N.C.L.E., NCIS) – voice of Zeus, Alfred Molina –(Spider Man 2)-voice of Ares, Rosario Dawson (Sin City)-voice of Artemis)

The Trailer:

Or Download it HERE!

Edited by Chris on 04-08-2008 20:02
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 04-08-2008 21:06
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I'm actually kinda interested in this one... I'm obviously a life-long fan of Batman, and I watched the the Superman cartoon, read some Supes comics and loved the first few seasons of Smallville... But I'm really not too familiar with the third member of DC's holy trinity, beyond the JL cartoon of course. I think this may be a good introduction for me.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 04-08-2008 21:29
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I started Wonder Woman YTB because of the same reason. I learned alot when I did the bios section of the site.

Of course I've had to let it go so I could devote all my time here, but still.. I'm a Wonder Woman fan...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 26-09-2008 16:20
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I'm interested in this one too. The style looks pretty cool even if it does lean a little towards Justice League. I'm looking forward to it. Anyone think it's strange they'll be releasing a unrated Director's cut of the movie? I mean, I figured this would already be PG-13, what exactly do they plan to put in this movie? Ha ha.
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 26-09-2008 16:49
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Detective wrote:
Anyone think it's strange they'll be releasing a unrated Director's cut of the movie? I mean, I figured this would already be PG-13, what exactly do they plan to put in this movie? Ha ha.

Remember that scene in the first episode of Justice League where Wonder Woman walks butt naked into the temple to change into the Wonder Woman armour? Well maybe there doing a more graphic depiction of that? Or maybe they're doing a depiciton of her birth, y'know being sculpted as a nekkid statue?

Haha, it may be a childhood dream come true, awesome cartoon boobage.

j/k

joker4

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 26-09-2008 16:50
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 26-09-2008 17:11
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Ha ha ha! Yeah I imagine it'll be along the lines of nudity or something. Because you can already push the envelope pretty far with PG-13, which is what I imagine it'll be rated. May be a bit more language too, who knows.
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 19-02-2009 20:13
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I just watched this and will have my review up by next Wednesday but let me say, WOW, This is the best so far.

RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 20-02-2009 11:30
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

This DTV looked interesting. I'm definitely going to check it out.

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 03-03-2009 21:00
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

This was released today, if you picked it up, what do you think? It really is the best so far!

RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 04-03-2009 01:32
User Avatar TheDarkTAysOn
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I bought it today, I thought it was great!! I'm not a huge wonder woman fan, but I really enjoyed it. It's hard to say if it's the best, I guess it depends what you thought of the other ones. But its pretty frikkin up there in my opinion
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 04-03-2009 07:57
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

My review SHOULD be up any day (it is being edited) But I think out of the four, it is the best. my list:

Wonder Woman
Superman / Doomsday
Batman: Gotham Knight
JL: New Frontier

I liked the story to Gotham Knight but not the styles...

RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 04-03-2009 15:27
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Didnt it come out today?

And whoa Chris, love the avvy! Where did that pic come from?

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 04-03-2009 19:18
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

this movie ROCKED! i really didn't think i'd enjoy it as much as i did. the humor worked really well. after watching the trailers for it, i was kinda like..mehh...but the thing was so good. i was very impressed. can't wait for that green lantern one and that new batman one.

and by the way, Chris' avatar came from brave and the bold. i can't believe you're missing out on one of the greatest batman toons ever made. it's SO good.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 04-03-2009 19:42
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

batboy99 wrote:
Didnt it come out today?

And whoa Chris, love the avvy! Where did that pic come from?

http://www.batman...index.php

RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 12-03-2009 18:59
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

I watch BATB as much as I can, so it was probably just an episode I missed. So no, Im not missing out. Its a fun show. I really like it, but definetly not one of the greatest. I prefer TB(but only the later seasons)

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 12-03-2009 21:13
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I saw it a week ago, great writing. Finally got a woman director, lol. Seemed like the right choice. Us men would probally make it have too much war.

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 11-04-2009 21:27
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I finally picked this up today and as soon as I got home, I popped it in and watched it. Out of all the DC Universe DTVs starting with Superman: Doomsday, I think Wonder Woman was the best one. The overall design, writing, pace, and action was a surprise to me. I really liked the art in the movie. It's the strongest out of the movies. I couldn't believe the decapitated heads and gore without blood.

This was the first DTV to actually make me laugh. I loved Steve Trevor's dialogue. I think Nathan Fillion portrayed the character amazingly. I was literally laughing out loud everytime he had the Lasso around him.

Keri Russel was pretty strong as Wonder Woman although sometimes, she seemed kind of monotonous. Regardless, it was an enjoyable movie overall. It's definitely my favorite so far. Here's how I rank the DTVs so far.

1. Wonder Woman
2. Justice League: The New Frontier & Batman: Gotham Knight (Can't decide which is better)
3. Superman: Doomsday

Now...on to Green Lantern: First Flight!

RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 11-04-2009 23:35
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

You forgot to Rank Gotham Knight wink

RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 12-04-2009 08:21
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Gotham Knight is listed as number 2 along with New Frontier. I couldn't decide which was better so I felt it was a tie.

Edited by kpangilinan on 12-04-2009 08:22
RE: Official DCU "Wonder Woman" News and Updates - Posted on 13-04-2009 01:48
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I still haven't seen this, but still want to. IGN listed it as the best DTV ever...animated that is. They put it even above Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, although I doubt I'll like WW better than that film.
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.