Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | DCU Animated Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 25-02-2009 10:21
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Green Lantern will be the next animated feature from Warner Premire and DC Comics.

More info and pics will be posted soon!

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 25-02-2009 16:38
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Gee, I guess we can expect this out late 2009? I wish they'd put them out quicker.

Anyways, I hope they do something interesting with the animation on this one, though it's unlikely. And which GL will have the starring role? *strokes imaginary beard*
RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 25-02-2009 17:01
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Summer this year.. Hal Jordon.. I'll get some pics up later tonight...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 07-05-2009 17:51
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The first Q&A with voice Actor Victor Garber, voice of Sinestro is up!

http://www.batman...dmore=830

RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 28-07-2009 15:33
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

The movie was released today. If you bought it, or rented it, what did you think?

I think it's on par with Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman still rates the best so far. But Green Lantern is a close 2nd. I'm in the middle of my review but please, talk about it if you've seen it!

RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 28-07-2009 19:47
User Avatar TheDarkTAysOn
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

bought/watched the movie today. It was definatly just as good as wonder woman, just in a different way. I thought it was really cool. I probably liked Green Lantern better just because Green Lantern is cooler than wonder woman haha but I wouldnt say one is better than the other.

Also, I thought it was really funny that they put the green lantern duck dodgers episode on the 2 disc edition.

When I went to best buy to pick it up, I almost bought the blu-ray version and I definatly dont have a blu-ray player. yikes.
RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 28-07-2009 21:36
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I should've just bought the Blu-ray. Argh! Anyway...

I just finished watching and i thought it wasn't too bad but could've been better. I know it wasn't an origin story but Hal could've been fleshed out a little bit more and Christopher Meloni's acting wasn't all that convincing.Victor Garber as Sinestro was like a match made in heaven. He was so good portraying the villain.

The animation and style was stunning. I liked the characters' designs, especially the costume. I like the armor look. There were some pretty funny segments I enjoyed including how Hal used his ring. I was hoping for a better fight scene between Sinestro and Green Lantern. I didn't like when he was all green. I preferred Hal shown in his regular GL uniform.

Despite my review, Green Lantern: First Flight was still an enjoyable animated movie. it's nice to see a DTV that wasn't Batman or Superman. I still like Wonder Woman the best out of all the DC Universe films. This movie got me a little more excited about the Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern.

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 29-07-2009 20:14
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

kpangilinan wrote:
I should've just bought the Blu-ray. Argh! Anyway...

I just finished watching and i thought it wasn't too bad but could've been better. I know it wasn't an origin story but Hal could've been fleshed out a little bit more and Christopher Meloni's acting wasn't all that convincing.Victor Garber as Sinestro was like a match made in heaven. He was so good portraying the villain.

The animation and style was stunning. I liked the characters' designs, especially the costume. I like the armor look. There were some pretty funny segments I enjoyed including how Hal used his ring. I was hoping for a better fight scene between Sinestro and Green Lantern. I didn't like when he was all green. I preferred Hal shown in his regular GL uniform.

Despite my review, Green Lantern: First Flight was still an enjoyable animated movie. it's nice to see a DTV that wasn't Batman or Superman. I still like Wonder Woman the best out of all the DC Universe films. This movie got me a little more excited about the Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern.

I'd have to disagree with you on the final fight scene, I thought it was intense. They brought you down to thinking there was no hope for them to win, and they did.
I hear you though on the whole not in his normal costume.

definatly excited about the live action movie aswell...
RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 29-07-2009 21:13
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I mean the whole fight was good, I wished Hal wasn't all-green for the majority of it.

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 29-07-2009 22:47
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I haven't watched it yet. I'll get it from my library when they get it. I heard the movie was leaked online a week before it came out... Nobody knows what the link is do they? I saw the first five minutes on YouTube. The origin in the first five minutes... Dang. I wished they showed his life more so before hand. I liked GL's voice over all of what I saw.

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 31-07-2009 14:41
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i loved it. i actually liked it more than wonder woman.

i just loved the whole concept. training day with green lantern, and all of it taking place outer space. i'm used to seeing green lantern on earth, so it was just refreshing to see him all over the place. the movie gets a 10/10 in the design aspect from me. so many awesome creative character designs or aliens and cool looking architecture. the color palette they used was very reminiscent of anime - lots of dark and saturated colors.

i thought sinestro was really cool too. he reminds me of ra's al ghul a bit with his corrupted saving the world logic.

i always say the new dcu movie is better than the previous one. i'm sure i'll say the same about superman/batman: public enemies. super hero/super villain super battle here we come!!

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 02-08-2009 03:47
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Phil wrote:
i loved it. i actually liked it more than wonder woman.

i just loved the whole concept. training day with green lantern, and all of it taking place outer space. i'm used to seeing green lantern on earth, so it was just refreshing to see him all over the place. the movie gets a 10/10 in the design aspect from me. so many awesome creative character designs or aliens and cool looking architecture. the color palette they used was very reminiscent of anime - lots of dark and saturated colors.

i thought sinestro was really cool too. he reminds me of ra's al ghul a bit with his corrupted saving the world logic.

i always say the new dcu movie is better than the previous one. i'm sure i'll say the same about superman/batman: public enemies. super hero/super villain super battle here we come!!

exactly
RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 15-11-2009 18:30
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

The Next Lantern Animated Feature I would like to see is BLACKEST NIGHT SAGA, and have it in a number of parts to go with the storyline in the comics

'It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins)batman
RE: Official Green Lantern (Animated Feature) Talkback - Posted on 18-01-2010 13:12
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I watched GREEN LANTERN: FIRST FLIGHT this past Saturday (1/16/10) and it was fantastic.
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.