Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | DCU Animated Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

After Superman/Batman... Then Arkham? Then.... - Posted on 30-06-2009 23:27
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I don't know if anybody knew but recently, a trailer and website were created for a new CGI movie, Arkham Asylum. It looks like the upcoming video game but the plot says: "Ten years after The Dark Knight..."

I saw a poster but it may have been fan done. It says 2010 at the bottom.

Maybe somebody could find the trailer? The site is http://www.arkham...movie.com I think. The trailer is on the site...

Anyways, the main point of this thread is the question: "What comes up after Superman/Batman: Public Enemies in DCU animation?"

Is this Arkham CGI movie supposed to be small like Watchmen: The Black Frieghter or Watchmen: The Motion Comic? Or is it going to be big and mark a cetain point until the next animated project? SO. What do you think will come up next after this one? I am guessing Teen Titans: The Judas Contract and then MAYBE the JLU spin-off movie I hear so much about on Wikipedia...

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: After Superman/Batman... Then Arkham? Then.... - Posted on 01-07-2009 12:27
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

WOW this is news to me. i didn't know about arkham, it looks fantastic. a cgi batman movie is perfect! this might be our one chance to get a perfect interpretation of batman.

but something tells me this isnt related to the dark knight...cuz it clearly says DENT H. on one of the cell doors. unless...he is alive like i said! but im pretty sure that was just wishful thinking.

i guess it could be done by fans, but man..those fans are VERY talented! it looks pro to me.

anyways..i think they scrapped teen titans. not sure why, but they did. i'm hoping for long halloween/dark victory. i would LOVE those. oh my goodness. those two novels were done so well, i'm pretty sure they could pull it off in the movie theaters, although highly unlikely these days for animated movies.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: After Superman/Batman... Then Arkham? Then.... - Posted on 01-07-2009 12:36
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

This is a fan made movie trailer. It's not related to anything made by WB or DC.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: After Superman/Batman... Then Arkham? Then.... - Posted on 01-07-2009 16:58
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Phil wrote:
WOW this is news to me. i didn't know about arkham, it looks fantastic. a cgi batman movie is perfect! this might be our one chance to get a perfect interpretation of batman.

Ummm... What about Batman Begins and The Dark Knight?

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: After Superman/Batman... Then Arkham? Then.... - Posted on 01-07-2009 18:20
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Fan made? Booo! I got all worked up. But they did do a very impressive job with it. Do they plan to make the movie? Or is the trailer all that's going to be?

I was thinking some time earlier that a CGI Batman movie would be really cool, or rather, COULD be really cool. Big opportunity to mess up a movie, but then again I guess there always is. But we don't really need a movie about Arkham seeing as how the game's coming out soon anyways.

As far as the next DCU Animated movie goes, like I said, it could be awesome if they did a CGI movie, like in the vein of Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children. One of the reasons for my dislike of most CGI movies is that they're usually about supposedly funny animals, but if someone took a serious subject I think something really awesome could be made, for instance, Advent Children. However, that movie I believe took around 5 years to make, so that's kinda asking a lot. Ha ha.

Like I've said before, I'd like to see Long Halloween or Hush done as an animated movie, but I'd also really like to see a fresh new story be done as well.
RE: After Superman/Batman... Then Arkham? Then.... - Posted on 01-07-2009 18:21
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I would want the DCU to go into doing Aquaman, Flash, and Green Arrow DTV. I'd be interested in watching those. It gives people a chance to get to know those characters better and satisfy the ones who are fans already.

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: After Superman/Batman... Then Arkham? Then.... - Posted on 01-07-2009 22:58
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

kpangilinan wrote:
I would want the DCU to go into doing Aquaman, Flash, and Green Arrow DTV. I'd be interested in watching those. It gives people a chance to get to know those characters better and satisfy the ones who are fans already.

I want the Aquaman, Flash, and Green Arrow DTV too but I THINK that the ones I said will be next (I have been working on a Green Arrow DTV script for fun called The Myth of the Green Arrow, I have a ton of ideas for a good Flash DTV, and I have been lazy on working on my ideal Aquaman script because it's really boring because of all the water and the story is about 20 pages so far and he still isn't Aquaman).

What??!!! It's fan done? Doesn't look like it at all! And the logo is in the trailer... How can we know for sure if it's fan done and not leaked? The site looks real, there's about 4 trailers on YouTube in all these VideoGamer something like that accounts... Seemed so real. I guess they are basing it off the Arkham Asylum video game to make it look real?

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: After Superman/Batman... Then Arkham? Then.... - Posted on 02-07-2009 00:38
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

Razhwurz wrote:
Phil wrote:

Ummm... What about Batman Begins and The Dark Knight?

oh right. hahaha, yeah those are perfect.
but they're missing the fantasy elements batman has in the comics and cartoons. not only that, they can pull off a lot of crazy action and crazy camera angles that they cant do live action.

ok, i worded my previous post wrong. haha not perfect interpretation. MY interpretation of batman. the arkham asylum(video game) batman is like what i have in mind, but with robin there too.

anyways, it doesn't matter since it's apparently fan made.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: After Superman/Batman... Then Arkham? Then.... - Posted on 12-09-2009 12:32
User Avatar Hell-Scorpion
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

After this and the Judas Contract, they should do The Killing Joke, Death in the Family, Hush, No Man's Land, Legacy/Contagion, or Knightfall....Anyone those would make awesome sequel!
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.