Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOY MUSEUM | Open Letters To The Manufacturers

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Mattel/Hot Wheels: 1:50 Scale 1960's T.V. Batmobile/Batboat 2 Pack. Also Batgirl Cycle. - Posted on 02-03-2009 13:24
User Avatar A_Spidey_Fan
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

This question is directed to Mattel's Hot Wheels department. In the recent release of the 1:50 scale Batman vehicles, you've release the 1960's T.V. Batboat with a trailer, as well as re-release the 1960's T.V. Batmobile which now has a trailer hitch.

My question is, is there a chance that Mattel is having any plans either this year or in the near future a 2 pack(Either in the Box or ra bigger cardback packaing) that features both the 1960's T.V. Batmoible with trailer hitch and Batboat? And if you guys do release this, are you going to consider releaseing this as a mass retail release or a store exclusive of some sort, or will you guys instead make this a Convention or Matty Club exclusive of some sort? Or maybe even both?

The reason I'm asking about this is because I think putting these together as a 2 pack would make perfect sense, what with the trailer hitch of the Batmobile, and the Trailer on the Batboat. Makes it easier for people to get both at the same time as well. I would seriously consider a 2 pack like this. Not to mention, you could also use this 2 pack idea for future releases of other 1:50 scale Batman vehicles that makes sense or have a connection to each other( Examples: Tim Burton Batmobile and Batwing 2 pack, 1960's T.V. Batcycles 2 pack with Batcycle and Batgirl Cycle, etc ).

As well, if you guys ever did do something like this, I do believe either a Mass Retail release would work, or at the very least, a Store Exclusive of some sort ( So long as it's an exclusive that can also be avaliable internationally, and not just U.S.). This way, people don't have to lose an arm and a leg for a Convention/Mattly Club Exclusive. Though if you guys do do a Convention or Matty Club Exclusive release, then the those Exclusives should be packaged in specialty art ( Similiar to you SDCC 2008 1960's T.V. Batman 1:50 Scale 3 pack ) to make them extra special and worth the extra price. You could do that, and just have the regular releases in genertic packaging. Just wondering.

As well, do you guys have any future plans of releasing the 1960's T.V. Batgirl Cycle as a regular/mass retail release? While it's cool that it was featured in the SDCC 2008 1960's T.V. Batman 1:50 Scale 3 pack, it does limit it to people who would also like to get the item as well. Not to metion, assuming the mold isn't damage, you can just re-use the mold with no extra costs instead of creating a new 1 if you are on a tight budget.

Thank you, and keep up the good work.
RE: Mattel/Hot Wheels: 1:50 Scale 1960's T.V. Batmobile/Batboat 2 Pack. Also Batgirl Cycle. - Posted on 02-03-2009 17:38
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I sent this to Mattel as one of our March 15th questions...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Mattel/Hot Wheels: 1:50 Scale 1960's T.V. Batmobile/Batboat 2 Pack. Also Batgirl Cycle. - Posted on 03-03-2009 07:38
User Avatar A_Spidey_Fan
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Sorry about that. Expection is around SDCC 2009 we will know what's happening with 1:50 scale line. Note to Self : Check pervious Mattel Q And A's before asking questions in future.
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.