Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | ANIMATION ALLEY | Timm/Dini Era (Tas, TNBA, BB)

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 12-01-2009 16:51
User Avatar jpharrah
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Are these the only two direct to dvd videos based on the timms universe of batman prior to batman beyond?... I realize they have a return of the joker movie for batman beyond. I also realize timms made a movie called gotham knight which includes the voices for batman and joker from this series.. the reason i ask is im trying to complete my BTAS collection then start on the batman beyond one after i get through the batman... I realize im doin it kinda wrong but i dont think ill be as interested in beyond ive seen a couple episodes and its just not somethin im crazy about. However I did see the justice league episode on beyond and that was a good one.
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 12-01-2009 17:50
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Batman Beyond is actually really good. There were some bad eps, but for the most part, the series rocked.

Here's the animated movies:
Mask Of The Phantasm
Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero
Batman: Mystery of The Batwoman
Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 12-01-2009 18:08
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Mark Hamill does not provide his voice for Batman: Gotham Knight, as Joker doesn't appear in the movie.

Aside from the DTVs there is also Mask of the Phantasm, which is the best Animated movie of the series... And If you haven't gotten Mystery of the Batwoman yet I'd recommend you skip it, it's actually pretty weak in the scheme of things.

As for pre-Beyond Timm-verse, have you collected the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited DVDs yet?

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 12-01-2009 19:38
User Avatar jpharrah
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

yes as for the timm verse i have all of the superman tas all of the batman tas all of the justice leauge and justice league unlimted i have mask of the phantasm i have superman/doomsday gonna be picking up gotham knight here pretty soon and justice league frontier i have the superman brainiac attacks movie ( worst cartoon of timms i think yet honestly lex was way out of character and the whole movie just looked poorly made in all honesty i dont know if timms actually made it or if they just used his universe cause i dont think he would have done such a shoty job) the only thing i really dont have any of is batman beyond and eventually ill get there just right now i think id rather watch The Batman plus buying all three seasons on amazon of the beyond series and buying all five plus dracula actually comes out cheaper doing the batman series. so i figured ill save my pennies for now haha.... i realize that static show has an episode or two that batman shows up in..but im not too interested in that show either anyways thank you for the help thought guys...

I feel kinda bad now haha i found your movies/tv section... im just gonna look through everything before i post i know how annoying multiple threads can get
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 12-01-2009 20:59
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Superman: Brainiac Attack was set in the Timm Verse, but Bruce Timm WAS NOT involved with it. If he would have been, it would have been ten times better..

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 13-01-2009 00:16
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I had no problem with batwoman but yeah the whole thing was a bit lame some of the gadgets were cool and you really get to see batman be a detective in it but if ya dont have it just rent it or u-tube it

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 13-01-2009 10:49
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I thought it wasn't bad. It was enjoyable to watch Batman take on Bane at the end. I thought Kevin Conroy lightened up his voice a bit in the movie. Not too much but something noticeable.

I also LOVED the song used by Cherie. It was called Betcha Never. After I heard it, it was all I listened to for a few days.

The only thing stopping you from success is doubt.
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 13-01-2009 13:20
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

You can find that song on Radio BYTB: http://batmanytb....bytbradio

Listen:

RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 13-01-2009 17:03
User Avatar TheDarkTAysOn
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

the only thing superman brainiac attacks is good for is making superman doomsday look better than it is haha
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 13-01-2009 18:59
User Avatar jpharrah
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

lol true that... i liked superman/doomsday but it wasn't what it could have and should have been. Lex was good event he guy who played superman was good infact the cast was all really good. However they just didn't execute the story right. I haven't watched the new updated version so i don't know what they added. but after the death part the movie was just rushed. They wanted to include the imposter supermen aspect with out doing it just like the comics which was a mistake. The first thing people at the supermanhomepage wanted when they heard there was gonna be a movie based on that story line was the story about the reign of the supermen. I was one of them and it was just a let down when it wasn't there. Plus if anyone has read the actual graphic novel of that story. You come away with liking the funeral for a friend aspect of the story. That's where you really understood what the hero means to the city with all the people who are gonna miss him not just personally but for safety reasons too. But that part of the story they just skipped over was like a whole 15 minutes of sadness then "superman" shows up again The story could actually be a three part movie but they missed the boat.
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 14-01-2009 17:22
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Yeah I agree the could have done Superman: Doomsday better. Batman Beyond like phil said was an amazing what if story... IMO it was probably the second best what if Batman story

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 08-02-2009 18:27
User Avatar jpharrah
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

just watched both sub zero and mystery of the batwoman... sub zero was pretty good but no where near as good as mask of the phantasm... batwoman was so so... why did they get a new voice actor for penquin it was off i though and the whole love thing with barbara gordon and bruce in the beginning just seemed forced and silly
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 09-02-2009 20:59
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

yeah it really was not neccisary at all.

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 20-05-2009 16:26
User Avatar A_Spidey_Fan
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Sub-Zero is a good movie. Mystery Of The Batwoman is good as well, but I find not as good as Sub-Zero. But I do love the "Becha Never" song.

As for the whole Barabra Gordan out of Gotham and studying in France during the events of Mystery Of The Batwoman, I just assumed the reason the producers did that was so that viewers will know that Batwoman isn't really "Batgirl all grown up" as 1 of the reporters asked Comminisor Gordan sometime early in the movie(I was personally wondering that myself when the movie came out in 2003). It could of also been done to help avoid confusion between the 2 if they were both in Gotham at the sametime. I guess they chose her in Paris so that you can see the Effial Tower and know right away that she's not in Gotham or even in the U.S. at all, but far away(Meaning she can't be Batwoman).

As for Barabra going back to College/University after graduating from Gotham University, well, it is common now a days for some people to go back to college or university after a couple of years, either to take a graduate study, taking a course that can help further their chosen career, or if they decide to go for a different career direction. She could of chosen somewhere outside of Gotham so that she wouldn't have to worry about doing any crimefighting as Batgirl which would of interfear with her studies.

Of course, I've also read from other messageboards in regards to this topic, that France's police force is very good and consider 1 of the top forces in the world. I think Interpoll's HQ(International Police force, who more deal with more international based related crimes) is actually in France if I'm not mistaken.
Edited by A_Spidey_Fan on 20-05-2009 16:30
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 20-05-2009 16:37
User Avatar A_Spidey_Fan
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Jpharrah, the whole Bruce and Barabra love thing was something that was hinted back in Batman Beyond, when Terry was asking why she hates Bruce now. It was later re-inforced in the episode when Tialia came back and offered Bruce the chance of Immortality, for we see Bruce has a lot of pictures of Barabra(During her Batgirl years) on the Batcomputer(And for those who are wondering why no Wonder Woman, well keep in mind that Batman Beyond was made well before Justice League/JL Unlimited).

My guess is that the producers slightly touched on this in Mystery Of The Batwoman so that fans who've been following the Bruce Timm DC Animated World know that the relationship is at that time happening.
Edited by A_Spidey_Fan on 20-05-2009 16:39
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 21-05-2009 00:16
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Mask of the Phantasm is hands down the best animated Batman movie, even if I've just seen it recently for the first time. Batman Beyond Return of the Joker is a good movie, but I don't care for Batman Beyond at all so it's not among my favorite movies or anything. SubZero is an okay movie, I'd say the best thing about it is the animation. Mystery of the Batwoman was pretty lame all around in my opinion.

I actually like Brainiac Attacks, it is a bit childish but it's a pretty fun in my opinion, and that's kinda saying something considering I usually find the Superman Animated Series pretty boring. There's plenty of parts in it that my brother and I laugh our butts off at.
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 23-05-2009 10:37
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I caught a glimpse of "Mystery of the Batwoman" and I was appalled to learn they had re-drawn Pengy and everything. I didn't like that version of hm at all. Which is surprising for me to say but because I love him so much...I think I could speak for him as well...he'd hate it too.

So...I had to go online and watch an episode of TNB....and I guess that version of Pengy isn't that bad, kind of cute but it's not one my faves.

And I've never watched Batman Beyond. So I can't say anything about that. But I know people who've talked about BB so...I kind of know who you're talking about.

BTW, I love "Betcha Never" by Cherie. It's one of the songs I have dedicated to Pengy whenever I watch Batman Returns.

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Question about Mystery of the Batwoman and Sub Zero - Posted on 23-05-2009 15:42
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

They didn't redraw him in Mystery, they just got a new voice. But I agree, it wasn't the best..

Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.