Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Past Batman Movies

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
RE: Clooney saying his Batman is "gay" - Posted on 30-07-2006 20:27
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

From Dusk Til Dawn is freak'n stupid.. then again, maybe it's because Clooney is stupid..LOL

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Clooney saying his Batman is "gay" - Posted on 30-07-2006 21:09
User Avatar Catfan
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Batman ain't gay.

Just ask Selina Kyle!

And I should be in a position to know as owner of a Catwoman site!!

Located at http://www.catwomanfan.com
The 1965 FBI Tribute site
MySpace: Batman 1969
CatfanBogota Catfan http://catwomanfan.com Send Private Message
RE: Clooney saying his Batman is "gay" - Posted on 05-10-2006 22:24
User Avatar tomstoyz
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I don't have ANYTHING against gay people. But, that Clooney movie was awful, the worst ever made, &....BATMAN & ROBIN ARE NOT GAY....Duh!

Please visit the NEW BAT-BLOG!
http://www.bat-blog.com
http://tomztoyz.blogspot.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Clooney saying his Batman is "gay" - Posted on 06-10-2006 00:48
User Avatar Tim Drake
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

FlaBat wrote:

I still say that Clooney could have been a great Batman had he played the character more serious the way Keaton did and was not saddled with campy dialogue that he had to say in Batman and Robin.

::

Yea I didnt like his batman which in my opinion wasnt his fault however I did like the way he did Bruce Wayne...as an older version of bruce I could see that George Clooney played it pretty good especially the way he tries to be in public! And no matter where you go- comic books, fairy tales, tv shows, etc theres also gossip and accusations about characters being gay

"Look, I never wanted this for myself...but I wanted Batman and Robin back together the way they should be. And if Dick won`t become Robin again...Someone else has to!" - Tim Drake, A LONELY PLACE OF DYING Chapter five: Rebirth
RE: Clooney saying his Batman is "gay" - Posted on 05-11-2006 03:01
User Avatar brucexbatman
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

batboy99 wrote:
please brucexbatman,remove that pic its disturbing

Ok, sorry.....*removed*
brucexbatmanytb brucexbatman Send Private Message
RE: Clooney saying his Batman is "gay" - Posted on 05-11-2006 05:48
User Avatar craigomoteo
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Ok, I deliberated on whether to dignify this subject matter with a response, but here I go. I've always maintained a memory of Clooney on the Letterman show years ago. The subject of Batman comes up and George states "I killed the franchise". If I were an actor and a Batman fan and I was in B&R, that would be a heavy cross to bare. Many of us thought at the time that Clooney was more of a Bruce Wayne type than Keaton or Kilmer. As previously noted, Clooney may have shown up with the best of intentions but got a cheesy script, a silly costume and a director with a regretful vision. Schumacher did to Batman what Richard Lester did to Superman. With regards to calling this Batman gay, the word gay is often used to describe something that is cheesy or silly or embarrassing to watch. No disrespect to any gay fans out there, but the word is used in this way as well as others.
The obvious homosexual stigma has been around Batman and Robin for a long time now. Who do we think were the inspiration for Saturday Night Live's "The Ambiguously Gay Duo" cartoons from Robert Smigley? If homosexuality had been inferred or assumed when Robin appeared in 1940, Batman comics would have been banned by the Comics Code. Bruce Wayne was a foster parent to an orphaned boy, nothing more. In 1940, that was taken at face value. Unfortunately, 60+ years later, such good intentions are over-shadowed by stories of rampant pedophilia in a much different society that we could only hope a Batman could save.
RE: Clooney saying his Batman is "gay" - Posted on 05-11-2006 11:03
User Avatar bluebeettle22
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

well just like phil say if they were gay they wud be the worst family ever! i mean isn't dick supposed to date starfire or babs? and then he will cheat them with his own father? i mean that is nasty not for the gay part, and i mean bruce is dating a lot of women and he is also dating his own son?

please DC comics wudn't screw those characters like that

RE: Clooney saying his Batman is "gay" - Posted on 05-11-2006 16:05
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

First; Clooney is a character, he has a hell of a sense of humour and it's hard to tell whether he is serious or joking.

Second; I can't blame him for playing Batman gay, the movie was ruined the instant Schumacher said "Let's get campy!", so you might as well have fun with the role you're playing.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Clooney saying his Batman is "gay" - Posted on 09-11-2006 18:31
User Avatar Red Rabbit
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

batchat wrote:
Gothamite wrote:
I question whether he'd actually be any good in a serious Batman film, though. His face is too 'kind', unlike Christian Bale, Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton who all have fierce, animalistic expressions on their faces.

Watch 'From Dusk Till Dawn'. Clooney is more fierce in that movie than Val Kilmer would be if he fused with Satan. Kilmer just sucks. Except as Mad Mardigan... ;-)

- D

Go and see Tombstone and then tell me that Kilmer is a wimp.

"We must not remind them that giants walk the Earth."
www.myspace.com/red__rabbit Send Private Message
RE: Clooney saying his Batman is "gay" - Posted on 26-11-2006 05:18
User Avatar world_gone_bats
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

This is reminding me of reading the Batman Forever novel. It was based on the original script and was a lot darker than the actual film. If Burton directed both, I think we could have seen the birth of a Tim Drake/Jason Todd Robin it would have stretched that far. Schumacher softened them up and created disasters. Is it just me, or is it a bit of a coincidence the Clooney Batman is seen to be gay, and Schumacher is a gay director?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.