Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOWN SQUARE | Meet & Greet

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 18-07-2009 14:16
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Thank you. You don't have to do that. Who knows, maybe I will get lucky and find some Penguin action figures of my very own. But that was very kind of you to offer. It was just that I saw them on here and I kind of went nuts.

The only Penguin thing I own is the Penguin Plushy from 2004's cartoon series, the Batman. I adore him...but I think it would be neat if they made a plushy of Oswald from Batman Returns. It would make me happy. But I don't think the retail people would be very happy if I nagged them into oblivion until one was specially made for me.

I enjoy looking at the images though. You have a very, very, very large collection of everything. And it's really neat.

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 18-07-2009 18:02
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Erin

I don’t recall any plush Penguins from Batman Returns. In fact the action figure that was made was not modeled after DeVito’s likeness in the film.

They reused a Super Powers Penguin instead. I think they considered him (DeVito's version) just a little to vile for kids tastes.

Here is the Penguin that I was talking about

I think it was the only one released with the DeVito likeness

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 18-07-2009 18:32
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

No, no. I think you misunderstood what I meant. What I meant was, I WOULD have liked THEM to HAVE made a PLUSHY of the Danny Devito version FOR the movie.

I think this is as close as I am going to get for what I am asking for. As I said before, the people or company who are in charge of making plushies wouldn't be too happy if I nagged them into oblivion just so I could have a special Oswald plushy made with the likeness of Danny Devito's from Batman Returns.

I know a plushy of that version was NEVER made. That's why I brought it up. I don't think they realize how much money I would offer to just have one made especially for myself. But then again, if I asked....they'd just stare at me and laugh.

I think it's a shame they never made a Plushy version of the Penguin from Batman Returns. All that hard work that Danny did for the movie. Sorry, I just feel that Penguin doesn't really get any mutual respect as far as merchandising goes. Sure there are a few action figures here and there but...still, I'd really like him not standing in the shadow of Joker, Riddler, Two-Face and Catwoman all the time.

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 24-07-2009 22:48
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Legends Of the Bark Knight

Here he is “Legends Of The Bark Knight Batman” and “Legends Of The Bat Knight Lava Fury Batman”
These are bootlegs from China that were found in Australia. They are essentially “Two-Ups” of the Legends of the Dark Knight figures by Kenner/Hasbro from 1998-99. “Bark Knight is a BATMAN: The Dark Knight which was blue and gray. The all black version, Dark Knight Detective was a Hasbro Internet exclusive, you can see the production figures at the ends of the first row in the display behind them. “Bat Knight Lava Fury” is Lava Fury Batman from the same Legends of the Dark Knight series.

As Bootlegs go these are exceptional. The sculpt and mold quality, the paint deco quality even the packaging, all are worthy of regular licensed production figures.. All three say they were made in China in 2001. Perhaps somebody got a hold of the factory prototype two-ups and made these from them. I do not know how many more were made.

As I worked on the room this week putting up more figures I found them again. I don't have a final set place for them yet, but they will be a part of the display collection one day along with some of my other bootlegs.

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 27-07-2009 10:17
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

For the last two years storage bins and boxes were stacked in the aisle. With the wife and kid gone I could move them to the living room, but they will be back before she returns. Most of the two bookcases in the closet were not done until this week. Close ups of the display below.

Batman The Animated Series

The Adventures Of Batman and D.U.O. Force

The Adventures Of Batman Crime Squad

The New Batman Adventures, Mission Masters Series 1

Mission Masters Series 2 and 3

Batman Beyond, Batman Beyond Batlink

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 09-06-2010 18:54
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

It’s The Car, Chicks Dig The Car

I just finished a complete overhaul of my Batmobile display. Now I have almost all of my die casts in one place.

Starting with 1:64 at the top at working down 1:50, 1:43 and 1:24 in the top cabinet. I have Hot Wheels, Ertl, Kenner, Corgi and Johnny Lightning all represented.

1:64 Hot Wheels, Ertl, Johnny Lighting and Kenner

1:64 Hot Wheels, Ertl, Johnny Lighting and Kenner
1:50 Hot Wheels Batmobiles: Series 1,2 and 3

1:43 Corgi Batmobiles, Mattel Justice League die-cast figures.

1:43 Corgi Batmobiles, Mattel Justice League die-cast figures.
1:24 Corgi, Johnny Lightning, 1:16 Batman and Robin Cycles, Mattel 1:12 1966 TV Batcycle

1:64, 1:24 Batmobile Monster Jam Monster Truck
1:18 Mattel, Corgi Batmobiles,
1:10 Rich Mans Toys R/C Batmobile

1:64 The New Batman Adventures, Batman Forever

1:64 Batman The Animated Series, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin

1:24 Batmobile Monster Jam Monster Trucks

RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 12-06-2010 22:33
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Heck of a collection, FlaBat. Good to see you've gotten things in order. I wish I could say the same for myself; most of my stuff is packed away since I got overstocked and overwhelmed back in 2006. It's also hard to care anymore after you've surrounded by virtually the same display for about ten years.

Looks like you've got a cool Spawn collection too.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 13-06-2010 19:19
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

most my collection is legos but ive been moving around so much its all still in the boxes i havent had a chance to unpack em yet

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 16-06-2010 12:06
User Avatar Wisdom
Gothams Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

That is a beautiful collection!

Wisdom
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 17-06-2010 18:08
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

I'm curious, do you collect any of Hot Toys' 1:6th scale figures, FlaBat? My brother got the Bank Robber Joker from The Dark Knight and is now practically hooked. Anything else looks like a cheap kids toy compared to their supreme standard of quality and detail (namely Mattel's Movie Masters Joker). I still haven't, but I'm seriously considering getting the Deluxe Joker with police uniform and interchangeable heads. It's basically two figures in one (if you buy a spare 1:6th body). Hot Toys also just released a T-800 from Terminator 2 that looks incredible.

Edited by Caleson on 17-06-2010 18:10
Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Hello, I'm FlaBat - Posted on 17-06-2010 18:52
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Hot Toys figures are great, but just a little too expensive for me. I almost got that Bank Robber Joker though.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.