Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM TOWN SQUARE | Everything Else

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
RE: Jobs - Posted on 10-03-2009 22:36
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Razhwurz wrote:
I am unemployed at the moment. I'm mostly spending my time studying art (not at college, from books) and working in community theater productions. I'm contemplating art school, but I'll see what I can and can't learn from books and my current mentor before I make that decision.
Mentor? When I had one he didn't really help, just inspired. What is your art style? Comics, da Vinci, movie, etc?

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: Jobs - Posted on 11-03-2009 16:22
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

TMMWrites wrote:
Mentor? When I had one he didn't really help, just inspired. What is your art style? Comics, da Vinci, movie, etc?

My mentor is a relative who I've known my whole life, she is pretty well versed in almost all styles of art so she's really helping me build a foundation.

At this point I'm generally working in a realistic style. I'm also getting quite good at comic art, but I need to study figure a little more to be able to creat consitant, dynamic poses.

I've also been experimenting in Bruce Timm's style, and I'm getting quite good at it. I might just try and make a few issues of a BTAS fan comic soon.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Jobs - Posted on 11-03-2009 17:10
User Avatar Detective
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

Razhwurz wrote:
I am unemployed at the moment. I'm mostly spending my time studying art (not at college, from books) and working in community theater productions. I'm contemplating art school, but I'll see what I can and can't learn from books and my current mentor before I make that decision.

Ah, a fellow unemployed-studying-to-go-to-Art-School-but-not-quite-sure-he-how-it'll-work-out...guy.

When I was preparing for college, I was offered a scholarship by the school I was planning to attend, but even with that help, it still was too much money for my family to afford. So I plan to go this fall, in the mean time I'm hoping to get a job.

Actually, in the past couple of months that I've had no job and been out of school, I've improved a LOT in my drawings. I find that just about every time you sit down and draw a serious drawing, you learn something new that allows you to get better. My drawings now are leaps beyond my drawings say about 7 months ago.
RE: Jobs - Posted on 13-03-2009 23:52
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Chris wrote:
Are you serious? Well, just in case you are, if I could make 400 a week running this site, then yes, I would make it my #1 full time job, HOWEVER, it would be illegal consider that I would be making money off of a copyrighted character.

As for the donations, the partners help each month with the cost but thats it, I get a check from Google every few months and maybe a few dollars from Amazon.
Yeah, I've had a couple people ask me how much I/we make as staff members of BYTB. I have to explain that it's the exact opposite, and that money needs to be continuously spent to keep it chugging along.

As for my job, I'm currently laid off and recently registered for unemployment. I am, however, a freelance graphic designer and work with a nearby chamber of commerce. It's going slowly, but my biggest projects so far are an 88-page visitors guide I designed and took photos for, a fold-out map, and a new logo for the chamber. None of which have been produced/printed but will be very soon. My connection with the chamber was mainly luck, as I was just calling places for an internship and am now their go-to guy.

I have an AAS (two/three-year degree) in Graphic Design, but around here, no one's really hiring in that field. If anything, they're cutting hours on their designers.

Edited by Caleson on 14-03-2009 00:06
Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Jobs - Posted on 15-03-2009 19:25
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

I dont have a job yet, but I hope, in the future to become either a graphic designer or cartoonist.

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Jobs - Posted on 16-03-2009 13:05
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I wish I could get a job as a cartoonist or something that's artsy. I love drawing. It'd be neat working on a comic book or a graphic novel or something like that. If I could make my own website, I would but I don't know how. Making a website would be more of a hobby for me than a job but I think it'd be fun.

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.