Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | ANIMATION ALLEY | Beware The Batman, The Batman, Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 05-03-2008 07:31
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

That only counts for Batman though. Lokk at Superman Returns, Smallville, JLU, Superman Doomsday AND Superman: Brainiac Attacks.

With in a two year span all those were out together...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 05-03-2008 07:59
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Four More pics! Including the Andriod JLA.. In HI-RES!

http://www.batmanytb.com/news.php?readmore=390

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 05-03-2008 08:13
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

im probobly wrong but i think its because if u look at it batman charicters are easyst to potray complety different in every verison because they have such complex backgrounds that you could really bring them across from any angle....and with differnt directors at the helm of all these differnt things thats exactally what would happen. its hard to take a guy like lex luthor and potray him differently than smallvile,the movies,and any of the animated series (all the animated verisons are about the same to me) but like i said i could be completly wrongyesno

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 05-03-2008 17:05
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well, thats one way to look at it, but the honest truth is.. the big wigs at WB didn't think kids, or people in general was smart enough to know that Robin on Teen Titans was not the same Robin in JLU (thats why he wasn't on JL)

You know why Aquaman wasn't in the last season of JLU? It was because of the TV Show that they were trying to get picked up.

But, this is WAY off topic..

RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 05-03-2008 19:25
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

wow that never crossed my mind. wow i way over anilyzed that

RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 05-03-2008 20:50
User Avatar JokerKittie
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

T_T now I'll have nothing to watch on saturdays. T_Tthejoker
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 08-03-2008 13:11
User Avatar ROBOTRON
Vigilante

Awards:
None

rolleyes - 7.6/10

Anti-Climatic end for the show.

I think I'd rather seen Toyman or Mirror Master again than The Joining. The most satisfying part of the episode was everyone pretty much admitting (including Hugo Strange) that The Batman owned them all for free.

Goodbye Batman...you will be missed. Now all I have to look forward to on Sat. morn is a dumbed down version of Spiderman with "Kim Possible" art.

meh. BYTBConfused

Fight Like A ROBOT!!!
R0B0TR0N R0B0TR0N2000 http://www.freewebs.com/robotron Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 08-03-2008 13:23
User Avatar robinboy7
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

This was awsome!! I always supported The Batman from the startand it might suck to see it go I enjoyed it while it lasted. There are some things that I wish they did like put Gordon and Yin in it. It was nice to see the league together. Overall great ending to a good show.the batman

P.S. I thought The Spectacular Spider-Man was done well

"Somebody's got to help him. Might as well be me."
Dick Grayson-Robin year one
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 08-03-2008 13:25
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

THE BATMAN – 512/513 – LOST HEROES

PLOT:
When the most powerful members of the Justice League are abducted one-by-one, Batman, Robin and Green Arrow discover the mystery surrounding their disappearance – The Joining has returned with some earthly villainous assistance, and has transferred the Justice League powers into alien androids. It's up to Batman, Robin and Green Arrow to help their JL friends regain their powers and prevent an alien invasion. The one-hour special TV movie event includes appearances by Superman, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Toyman, Mirror Master, Dr. Hugo Strange and The Joining.

REVIEW:
So begins, the end. The Batman finally takes a bow to end its final season with its final episode. And why not end this show with a two-parter retooled into a one-hour movie, complete with every JLA member that has appeared since season four’s “The Joining”. In fact, it is the Joining that return in a way that would be considered a “full circle”. Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Hawkman, and of course, Batman. There is no point in going on any further; here is “Lost Heroes”!

Our finale begins with Toyman (first and final appearance on the show) fights our World’s Finest: Superman and Batman. Despite his the toys he uses, he is defeated. But are defeated by both Bats and Supes. But unexpectedly, the explosives set up by Toyman goes off knocking Toyman out cold and Superman disappears. Batman realizes this and wonders what is going on. Soon later, in a carnival, Flash and Green Arrow are in a hall of mirrors where Mirror Master attacks and Flash vanishes like Superman. Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter seek help from Batman, where it is learned that Hawkman has vanished also. When it is questioned why Green Arrow and Batman weren’t taken during these times, it is figured it is because they aren’t super-powered. Later on in Central City, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern are taken out, by robotic aliens. In the Batcave, Batman receives a vision from Martian Manhunter: “Hugo Strange”. At Arkham, Batman & Robin meet up with Strange, where it is revealed he is an android, a similar make like the Joining’s androids. It is revealed that the Joining has returned…

Unlike the previous team-up episodes where it is always a Batman episode in a story that involved both him and his superhero guest star, this finale was less Brave and the Bold, and more of a Justice League episode that you might’ve find from either one of the Filmation shorts, Superfriends (Robin being with Batman and the League reminded me of the show), even Justice League Unlimited. There are times when it did become more of a Batman episode, specifically somewhere in the middle of the finale, but that couldn’t be helped since the show is still called The Batman. It could be said that the producers did this just in case a new JLA show never happens, but that is an understatement. Because every viewer, even fans, would see the idea of a non team-up final episode in a team-up season a bad idea.

Since this features the whole Justice League, I want to focus on this like it was a really Justice League episode from a Justice League show. And what Stan Berkowitz always said was that in any story featuring the JLA, he always looks for a villain worthy enough to require all the members. Because it is the Joining that brought this version of the League together, with the right story, having them back isn’t a bad idea. And this is what this finale has: the Joining steals the super-powered heroes leaving them powerless, and if it was all of the superheroes (not just Batman, Robin, Batgirl, and Martian Manhunter) that stopped there plans, well now the Joining have an advantage, don’t they? Well, not quite. One of the things that made the season 4 finale great was that they showed how dangerous the Joining were. This finale doesn’t quite have that. Yes, it is shown how hard it is for our heroes to capture and get back their powers from the androids, but there wasn’t any terror shown when the androids had them.

You know what, I don’t care. I had excitement no matter what.

Overall, the finale had everything that made it a nice ending to the show. We had the Batman Family, as well as the Justice League. There were times when it became a Batman show again, but I saw this as a Justice League episode/show because it was more of that than a Brave and the Bold episode like this season. I enjoyed it, I can’t say otherwise. Nothing is changing my mind even now. I also like to thank Kids WB for making it an hour long movie. We didn’t have to wait for a week for the conclusion. So, all in all, I liked this finale to The Batman.

Since 2004, The Batman was criticized like there was no tomorrow in comparison to the classic Batman: The Animated Series. But since the second season, it became its own, and people started to see it differently. No one would say it was great, that belongs to BTAS. But not many people were saying it was bad anymore neither. Each season was its own arc: one was Batman was a sole vigilante, two was Batman’s growing trust with the police, three was his first sidekick with Batgirl, and a crime fighting family when Robin came along in the fourth season. And finally, maybe said as similar as Smallville, Batman joined a superhero team in the final season. Right now, there are news and rumors over a new show called Brave and the Bold, which so happens to be what we called the final season of The Batman because of the team-ups. Whether The Batman led to this show is beyond anyone including me. What many of us do know is that from 2004 to 2008, this show lasted and was popular for as long as it was.

Now, let me say good day, and good night, to The Batman (2004-2008).

FOR THE LAST TIME; RATING: Yay

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 08-03-2008 13:55
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I thought this was the best out of the entire season.. that being said.. it still wasn't as good as some of Season 4. But, I enjoyed it.. I was, however, looking for other sidekicks to come in at the end with maybe Batman saying. how about calling yourselves, Teen Titans.. that would have made the ending so much more perfect..

RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 08-03-2008 14:00
User Avatar Ed Schulz
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

My only regret that Two-Face, The Scarecrow, and Ra's al-Ghul never appeared in the series.sad

"Wars come and go, but all soldiers stay eternal."

-Tupac Shakur
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 08-03-2008 14:38
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

yeah..i was expecting a teen titans to form. the ending felt so...not like an ending. lol. this makes me want to see another season, or to have brave and the bold be based on TB.

oh well. that spider-man looks kinda bad, but that theme song sounds really catchy! haha.

as far as the episode goes, i thought it was good..seeing all those heroes together just feels so good. i dont know why, lol. what i'm hoping for is another dtv...it might happen right?

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 08-03-2008 14:50
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Another DTV? Who knows.. anyhting could happen..

RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 08-03-2008 14:50
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

ah yes the last episodes...................................not my favorite, could have been alot better, but it was the best of the last season i really didnt like the ending unless they decide to bring back the teen titans in a spinoff they shouldnt have aluded to it. and as far as the fights go...........LAME! nm really happend, it wasent hard for batman to figure it out, or for the heros to get back thier powers or even to win the final fight i just like to see the good guys get kicked around a bit before they win...and once again they made the martian man hunter look like a looser.

RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 08-03-2008 15:23
User Avatar Batman
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Great Episode, i really liked how the Justice League came together at the end. Now if only they would make a spin off series for this show. Overall im satisfied with the way the show ended even though its hard to see the show go. After so many years of watching The Batman id have to say it proved itself. So many people didn't and don't like this show, people say its to kiddie or its not dark enough, or it wasnt as good as Batman TAS.

But in my own opinion this show was as good if not better then Batman TAS in some instances. While i beileve that Batman TAS had better episodes then The Batman id also have to say that some of The Batman episodes rivaled if not surpassed some of the episodes of Batman TAS.

While Batman TAS had a greater lineup of episodes The Batman had some quality episodes that can match anything Batman TAS had to offer and thats what i think. For such a bad show this show lasted for 5 seasons and i don't think that is a fluke. Im kinda mad to see The Batman go but i realize why its time for it to go. What show gets a 6th season? It's already been on for 5 years i think its time for the people to move on. Farewell The Batman you will be missed.
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 09-03-2008 17:42
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I really enjoyed the episode. I wish the writing was as good for the rest of season 5. It was great to finally see the entire Justice League getting together to take on the Joining. For some reason, I wished it was Lex Luthor they were taking on but then that would've been like Justice League Unlimited when Lex combined with Brainiac. Anyway, I also really liked the underlying tone that someone doesn't need to have superpowers to be a hero. They just need brains and Batman has proven time and again that the theory is true.

With that said, I'm sad to see The Batman go. It was great having something Batman related on television.

RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 10-03-2008 10:17
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Batman wrote:
While Batman TAS had a greater lineup of episodes The Batman had some quality episodes that can match anything Batman TAS had to offer.
Like what?

Batman wrote:
Im kinda mad to see The Batman go but i realize why its time for it to go. What show gets a 6th season? It's already been on for 5 years i think its time for the people to move on.
Well, 3 1/2 years: September '04 - March '08. But yeah, when it becomes a new Justice League series, it starts losing the original point. I've personally lost interest in it with many of the recent episodes, like the Godzilla Joker one.

This last episode had some decent moments, particularly dialogue from characters like Green Arrow. But the concept of superpowered robots that can be broken into to somehow take the powers back in the form of a magical energy just seemed so dumbed down and kiddy. They managed to have some interesting moments like Batman having everyone close their eyes so the Manhunter robot couldn't read their thoughts, but overall, it wasn't too thrilling.

I recently found the new TB figures of Superman, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter at my local Target. I remember a time about three years ago when I would've unquestionably snatched them all up, but nowadays I'm practically forcing myself to at least buy one of them because I'm just not into the series that much with this last season.

Edited by Caleson on 10-03-2008 10:20
Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 10-03-2008 10:52
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

This season was a big let down. I feel they moved to fast. For two seasons there wasn't a team, then enter Batgirl, then Robin.. then the entire JL? I'm all for team ups, but this seaon was to much.

RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 17-03-2008 19:09
User Avatar Batman_Freak
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Yea, I agree Chris. Also, they should've dragged the individual team-ups a little longer. Then maybe have the series 6 premiere to be the movie with the whole JL, then have a short season 6.

<----Cool Batman
RE: Ep. 512 & 513: Series Finale - Posted on 17-03-2008 19:40
User Avatar DavidG
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

i thought the episode, was awesome, i really did enjoy seeing The Justice League again, i really did like the scene, where Batman,Robin, and Green Arrow, escaped from Hugo Srange, this was a great show, i can't wait to see the New Brave and the Bold Animated Series, it is going to be great.Smile
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.