Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM BOOK CLUB | Batman Comics & Other Publications

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 10-10-2008 14:25
User Avatar Conrad Veidt
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Darknight wrote:
The Black Glove's potential reveal at the end of the last issue was probably just a feint. That is too much like the reveal for Hush. Surely we wouldn't end up reading that similar a story less than 100 issues later.

As for the death, I've seen the rumor, but never any kind of confirmation. I am pretty skeptical about anything like that until the issue is actually out.

It would make sense that whatever the big change is involves Alfred, given 682 and 683 are retrospectives of Batman's career narrated by him. All rather poignant.

This guy goes into the hospital, okay?...
His wife's just had a baby and he can't wait to see them both.
So he meets the doctor and he says, "Oh, Doc, I've been so worried. How are they?"
And the Doctor smiles and says, "They're fine, just fine. Your wife's delivered a healthy baby boy and they're both in tip-top form.
"You're one lucky guy."
So the guy rushes into the maternity ward with his flowers.
But it's empty.
His wife's bed is empty.
"Doc?" he says and turns around and the doctor and all the nurses wave their arms and scream in his face.

"APRIL FOOL! YOU'RE WIFE'S DEAD AND THE BABY'S A SPASTIC!!"
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 14-10-2008 20:52
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

this story is crazy. couple weeks ago, i was just looking through a batman comic, and there was like a purple, red, and yello wbatman. lol. at that point, i had no idea what was going on.

i just read through wikipedia on R.I.P. and it sounds crazy.

i'll definitely pick the tpb when it comes out. i'm really not liking the fact that bruce wont be batman anymore though..who'll be batman? tim drake? jason? haha this sucks big time. and morrison said a fate worse than death...maybe bruce will go insane.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 16-10-2008 18:25
User Avatar boywonder93
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

well idk tht batman wil go insane maybe they will do somethin like what bane did to him

Cody
Lfanmangator FinkaMinka93 Send Private Message
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 17-10-2008 06:43
User Avatar DavidG
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

i can' t wait to find out what happens next.
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 20-10-2008 13:25
User Avatar jondoe297
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I'm still in the middle of this one at moment. Like a lot of you, I was also a little confused on the first couple of issues, but then on part 3 (I think it was), some of it started to make sense.

I think for me it’s the obscurity of the story, mainly the technicolored dream coat Batman and Batmite. Also the Club of Villains, which I think would have worked much better if they were from Batman's rogues gallery instead of (again), obscure ones.

It's something I've had to get use to with Grant Morrison, he loves to tip his hat to the obscure characters of the Silver age, or animal related characters. I mean look at Final Crisis at the moment... its just not concentrating on core DCU characters. Grant Morrison is obsessed with it. He seems to be the only person who gets it!

On saying that though, I did enjoy #680 and can't wait to see what happens. It also ends a long period of speculation, which I've not seen amongst the fan community for a long time, so it's got everyone talking again, which is cool.

I like it when these shake ups happen. If it didn't everything would stay the same and everyone would get board. Smile

It's not who I am underneath... but what I do that defines me.
jondoe297@live.com http://gothamknightsonline.blogspot.com/ Send Private Message
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 21-10-2008 20:13
User Avatar BruceWayne2020
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

batboy15 wrote:
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who want to know the ending..........

Alfred dies and jezebel jet is the black glove! thats all I know .No joke I got the info from this site and DC! I think sadly Alfreds time has come hes now about 90 years old still a sad day in the batman universe....sad(sad

Interesting, can you pm me the site where you got that information from...
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 22-10-2008 09:33
User Avatar jondoe297
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I saw this on the DC Comics message board as well. Not convinced about the Alfred bit though. He's in Robin #179 with his arm in a sling and apparently the Robin story "Search for a Hero", is set after Batman RI.P.?

jondoe297@live.com http://gothamknightsonline.blogspot.com/ Send Private Message
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 24-10-2008 19:39
User Avatar BruceWayne2020
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

Cool,

what does everyone think who, if anyone will replace Bruce Wayne?
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 27-10-2008 13:44
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Just to clear everything up, this is a basic run-down of the R.I.P. arc. Beware that the whole thing contains potential spoilers to those who have not been reading Batman, Robin, Nightwing, or Detective Comics.

Timeline Issues
- 'Batman R.I.P.' in Batman takes place between two to four days.
- 'The Heart of Hush' storyline in Detective Comics takes place before 'Batman R.I.P.'
- The two Robin issues that were directly connected to the main Batman story take place during 'Batman R.I.P.', and the storyline involving the impending gang war in Gotham takes place after 'Batman R.I.P.'
- The Nightwing story takes place after 'Batman R.I.P.'
- The Batman and the Outsiders story takes place after 'Batman R.I.P.'

What's Happened
NOTE: To make sense of this all, I may have to include certain events from other story arcs including Batman & Son, The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul, and The Three Ghosts of Batman.

- Early in his career, Batman was the subject of a series of tests on his brain to better understand the Joker's psyche.
- This took place in an isolation chamber, and sent his brain on a wild trip, apparently explaining all of the whacky space adventures during the 50's (this is also a homage to the story 'Robin Dies at Dawn'wink.
- The dude who did these tests was called Dr. Hurt.

- After the events of Infinite Crisis, Bruce Wayne traveled to some cave in the Far East and spent a certain amount of time in it to enter a state that apparently mimics death, so that he can be 'reborn'.
- Robin believes that Bruce Wayne/Batman they all know never came back out of that cave.

- Batman discovers that he has a son named Damien, the apparent result of the love affair between Bruce and Talia al Ghul.
- Turns out that they just stole his jizz and mixed it with Talia's eggs in a lab.
- Damien's essentially a little /warrior who hates Robin. Nobody likes him.
- Damien wants Robin's place as Batman's sidekick, as well as the right to continue his father's legacy once he has passed.

- Batman is haunted by three dudes in Batman suits.
- One is a policeman who shoots the Joker in the face.
- One looks like Bane.
- One is apparently a demon.
- The policeman and Bane are taken care of.
- In Batman #666, Damien is shown as the successor to Batman, and s up the Demon Batman.
- All three Batmen were 'programmed' to take over from Batman if need be, as the result of the various tests Batman went through in the isolation chamber.

- Batman and Robin go to some mansion somewhere to meet with the Club of Heroes (a collection of heroes all inspired by Batman and Robin)
- In this mansion, a mysterious entity or orginisation known as 'the Black Glove' attempt to slaughter each and every one of them.
- A few die.
- Batman's ed off.

- The Joker is in Arkham, and can't talk.
- He sees a speech therapist.
- Joker's old cronies die at a funeral due to the combination of red and black flowers.
- GCPD think that it was the Joker, Batman knows better.
- He goes to see the dudes who look after the Joker and tell him he's been seeing a speech therapist.
- Batman goes ape.
- Basic jist: Harley's his speech thereapist, Joker's been using morse code by blinking.
- Harley reckons Joker wants to kill Batman for 'shooting him in the face' (remember, it was the cop imposter), but he wants to kill her.
- Instead of letting him kill her, she shoots him.

- With so many of the 'main villains' in Gotham locked up, the city becomes over-run with Joker wannabes in masks.
- Batman and Robin deal with them easily, so Bruce takes Alfred's advice and s off for a while to enjoy himself.
- Bruce Wayne meets a woman called Jezebel Jet, and engages in an actual relationship with her.
- During a date with Jezebel, one of the wannabes in masks hold up the restaurant, and take Jezebel.
- Nightwing and Robin show up at the scene ready to take him down, but Bruce has already dealt with it, revealing to Jezebel that he is Batman.

- Batman's growing increasingly paranoid about the Black Glove.
- Something's gone down involving Batman, Hush, and Catwoman, but I'm not sure coz I've only read the first issue of the 'Heart of Hush' story.

- Jezebel and Robin are worried about Bruce, Nightwing and Alfred aren't.
- Meanwhile, he's dealing with the wannabe masks rather violently, believing them to be part of the Black Glove, as they aren't from Gotham.
- Batman takes Jezebel to the Batcave for a date, and she reveals to him how worried she is about him.
- Then, the Batcomputer boots up an image of the monster from 'Robin Dies at Dawn', and "Zur-En-Arrh" is played over and over, sending Batman mad.
- Turns out, this triggers some deep hypnosis in Batman's mind.
- The Black Glove take full advantage and seize control of the Batcave.
- Dr. Hurt ends up being the ringleader of the Black Glove, and has apparently been preparing the downfall of The Dark Knight for years.

- Bruce Wayne awakes on the streets as a bum, drugged up.
- He's helped out by another bum whom he gave some cash to as Batman.
- The bum recognises Bruce, despite the fact he's only appeared to him as Batman.
- The bum takes Bruce on a 'quest' across Gotham, but it turns out he's only going to buy some cider or summat.
- Some thugs approach the bum, trying to nick summat off him, and Bruce acts as his bodyguard, beating them off him.
- As a thank you, the bum gives him some.. thing that Bruce refers to as the 'Bat-Radia'.
- He pulls on some multi-coloured Batman suit and claims he is "The Batman of Zur-En-Arrh", and Bat-Mite appears.
- Meanwhile, Nightwing has been captured and taken to Arkham Asylum, drugged up.

- We're shown a short snippet at the GCPD where some 'private investigator' reveals that he's going public with a story that involves Bruce Wayne and his parents.
- Gordon is outraged, as it makes claims that Bruce is actually the son of Martha Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth, Martha was a coke addict, and Thomas Wayne was a very abusive husband.
- Gordon pays a visit to Wayne Manor and walks right into a trap set by the Black Glove.
- Talia al Ghul, Damien, and their League of Assassin minions appear in there and lend a hand to Gordon.

- Apparently, "The Batman of Zur-En-Arrh" is an identity Bruce created for himself in the event of an attack on his mind, and Bat-Mite is from the Nth Dimension or some .
- Bat-Mite says that it isn't some alternative universe or anything, but the Nth Dimension is actually just imagination.
- Batman also begins to see Gotham as a grid, seeing past reality, almost as if everything is just a coded map, basically a turn-based strategy video game.

- Back at Wayne Manor, the Black Glove have invited all the rich and powerful men from across the world to witness the 'Danse Macabre of the Batman' (basically a party where they watch his death and take bets on who'll win)
- Nightwing is shown on an operating table, unwilling to comply to the drugs he's being fed.
- Alfred keeps getting slapped up.
- Someone mentions that Robin is becoming increasingly difficult to track down.
- The guest of honour is the Joker, who kills a lot of his Black Glove supporters as he searches for Batman.
- Batman turns up at Wayne Manor looking for Jezebel, and has a little showdown with the Joker.
- Joker still believes that Batman shot him in the face.
- The red and black flowers that killed the Joker's goons combine in the room that Jezebel's being held.
- Batman breaks into the room in an attempt to save her.
- He starts laughing manically.

- Cliffhanger...

Meanwhile, in the Nightwing story he's shown as being fine, Two-Face makes a reference to his stay at Arkham, the Joker is shown to be out and about, and Batman is apparently still running around in his 'technicolour dreamcoat'.

Also, in the Robin story, Alfred is shown with his arm in a slingshot, revealing that he has apparently lived through the R.I.P. story, but at the same time, the description for the Batman story that follows R.I.P. hints that Alfred may die.

As for Batman and the Outsiders, I haven't been reading it, but I don't think it really affects the Bat-Family or Bruce's inner circle.

I can see why the story may confuse some readers who haven't been keeping up with Morrison's run, but if you've read it all, it should make good sense. Especially when the whole thing finally concludes (every issue clears at least one thing up that makes you think "ahh, I get it"wink

Yeah, you may not want something that makes you think too much, but it's a different form of entertainment and story telling. If you want a straight-forward storyline, go and read the drab, played-out KnightFall/KnightQuest/KnightEnd.
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 27-10-2008 16:15
User Avatar cdemink
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Very nice! I've been trying my best to keep up on each and every new release in the comics section. You should check it out!

"Yes I do believe there is a violent thing inside of me."
http://www.batmanytb.com/comics/ Send Private Message
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 27-10-2008 19:27
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

haha thanks for that mittens, i needed that. you even threw in a little humor.

it's actually reassuring for me to hear that batman isn't actually an illegitimate father, but just that his jizz was stolen. lol. so damien is kind of like an unwanted version of terry mcguinniss.

RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 27-10-2008 19:44
User Avatar jondoe297
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

Awesome summary...

- Batman discovers that he has a son named Damien, the apparent result of the love affair between Bruce and Talia al Ghul.
- Turns out that they just stole his jizz and mixed it with Talia's eggs in a lab.
- Damien's essentially a little /warrior who hates Robin. Nobody likes him.
- Damien wants Robin's place as Batman's sidekick, as well as the right to continue his father's legacy once he has passed.

LMAO... joker4

RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 27-10-2008 22:58
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Aw man, it woulda been funnier if I knew this place censored 'profanities', I coulda worked around em.

THE KING IN YELLOW OL 4 ADMIN!!!
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 28-10-2008 16:13
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

haha we all knew what they were though. so it's ok, we got the message.

you know it's really funny; there was a time when we couldn't say dick grayson, and were forced to say richard grayson. lol.

RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 29-10-2008 13:32
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

^Man, that is just ridiculous.

As for the claim that Jezebel Jet is the Black Glove, I reckon that's a bit too obvious. Don't get me wrong, it'd make perfect sense, but it's a little cliche for Morrison..

RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 29-10-2008 13:59
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Phil wrote:
you know it's really funny; there was a time when we couldn't say dick grayson

Or Alfred Hitchcock

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 30-10-2008 17:26
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

YOOOO, i just re-watched batman begins, and when ra's said "your parents' death was not your fault. it was your father's"

ra's wasn't kidding was he? lol. nolan had it planned all along. what a genius. everyone loves happy coincidences, haha.

RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 16-11-2008 17:22
User Avatar Kal-EL
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal Medal 

More and more it's becoming blatantly obvious that Dick's going to take up the mantel of BATMAN at the Conclusion of Batman R.I.P until Bruce Wayne Returns and reclaims his mantel. And Tim will more than likely remain Robin .

RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 16-11-2008 18:36
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

That takes us back to this image:

That is NOT Tim...

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: The Official Batman R.I.P Arc - Posted on 17-11-2008 10:02
User Avatar Mittens2317
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
Medal 

Maybe Alfred takes up the tights? Unforeseen twist ftw!

Seriously though, I reckon Tim becomes Batman, Damien becomes Robin, and Tim has his work cut out for the first year or so trying to get Damien in line. Either way, I can see Nightwing returning to Gotham for a long period of time, and possibly a new 'Batman & Robin' title, or summat...

I reckon Jason would make a great Batman though, coz he wouldn't tarnish Bruce's memory, and he'd be a hell of a lot more aggressive than Tim or Dick would ever be.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.