Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 03:58
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

BornAgainBatman wrote:
IM heart broken

Me too.

I dont know the guy, I've never seen Brokeback Mountain, I've never seen anything he's been in. I'm not a film buff, and until he became Joker I truthfully wouldnt have even recognised him - but what a tragic awful waste of life. 28. Thats more than a decade younger than me.

Message Send Private Message
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 07:14
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

You know what i hate? someone over at SHH(a mod too, which is even worse) told people that were grieving over heaths death that grieving for him is silly, just cuz you dont know him. What a j--k a$$. I tohught that was totally disrespectful to the heath fans, but its alright, everyone gave him a piece of their mind.

RIP HeathJoker3

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 08:11
User Avatar Batman_Freak
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Man, I am going right to Blockbuster and buying some of his movies, to see what a wonderful actor he was.

R.I.P. Heath.

<----Cool Batman
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 09:09
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

None of us knew him personally (at least I don't think so) yet it feels like we lost someone close to us. Everyone who was following him and waiting to see how he would portray the Joker in the movie made a connection with him. I'm still in shock that he's gone.
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 11:18
User Avatar Nate
City Hall Board Member

Awards:
None

Heath Ledger's Autopsy Inconclusive

According to SHH!, An autopsy on Heath Ledger was inconclusive, and more tests are needed, the medical examiner's office said Wednesday, a day after the 28-year-old actor was found dead with sleeping pills nearby.

It will take about 10 days to complete the investigation, said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner.

Earlier, police said the death was caused by a possible drug overdose and appeared to be accidental.

You don't get it, boy... this isn't a mudhole... it's an operating table.
(crack!)
And I'm the surgeon.
- Batman - The Dark Knight Returns

patricecartman2k Send Private Message
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 13:04
User Avatar Terry McGinnis
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

batboy99 wrote:
You know what i hate? someone over at SHH(a mod too, which is even worse) told people that were grieving over heaths death that grieving for him is silly, just cuz you dont know him. What a j--k a$$. I tohught that was totally disrespectful to the heath fans, but its alright, everyone gave him a piece of their mind.

RIP HeathJoker3

I agree, Matt. Some people are just totally heartless when someone passes. sad

I already have a father. His name is Bruce Wayne!

Classified! XX9 n/a OmarAg009 http://cheaster.deviantart.com/ Send Private Message
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 14:31
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

RCoehrs wrote:
.....When the name Heath Ledger came out for Joker. I scoffed like any true fanboy. Then pictures leaked trailers came out and even us hardcore die hard bat fanatics had to tip a hat at what was to come.
He changed alot of minds and made people say "This could work" with his work and that is truly the greatest accomplishment of any actor.
He made me excited about Batman, Joker and the franchise as a whole again.
I will be first in line to see an incredible actor doing a part he was never meant to play in the eyes of many,and ace it.
To heath I thank for giving comic books works another chance at being considered by all masterpieces....
Joker3

You made some really valid points there RCoehrs. I remember the debates on these very boards. Good post.

Re what you said - I didnt have a view on whether he was any good because I genuinely didnt know him. But it did cause a storm. So far we've only seen glimpses of what we're gonna get - but given those glimpses, if anyone is still doubting whether Ledger is/was right for it, quite frankly they're daft.

Time will tell - he'll probably get a posthoumous oscar or something.

joker

Edited by real-dark-knight on 23-01-2008 17:06
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 16:03
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

I've sort of been in his corner this whole time, of course I had the initial "Heath Ledger?" moment when I heard he was cast, but I quickly saw what they were going for and I've been anticipating it greatly ever since. When I saw the pictures I could tell it was going to be something special.

What little we've been shown of his performance has been amazing... Not only did he not dissapoint, he's exceeded my expectations. When a man can send a chill down your spine when you see him for six minutes behind a mask with only two lines, that's something special.

It's so sad that such a talent died so young.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 18:38
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Im...im still shocked he died. Im still saying to myself ,''Heath ledger? Dead?''

RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 20:38
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

i'm shocked as well, but not at all surprised. i think it's a part of being a great actor. no one has ever seen bruce lee or brandon lee past their prime. it seems like their deaths have made them eternal. i'm not saying ledger's death was a good thing, i'm just not surprised.

i hear rumors that joker killed him. not literally, but i heard he had nightmares of actually being the joker, and thinking up really crazy ways to kill people. maybe he was too much into the character for his own good, and decided death was better.

but take it as a grain of salt. my friend whose not even a batman fan told me this. he could have been trying to mess with me.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 20:44
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

The rolled up $20 bill found by the bed did not have traces of drugs on them according to the NYPD.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080124/ap_on_en_mo/heath_ledger

I was very relieved to hear that. I told a co-worker earlier I can accept his death if it was due to overdosing by accident because he was trying to get some sleep. There was a paragraph in the above link that made me even more sad.

"He was a perfect gentleman. He comes in here with his hoodie on, reads a book, and gives you a peace sign," she said. "He was always with his daughter, playing hide-and-seek among the plants, or on his skateboard, peeking his head in."

Can you imagine that his daughter won't be able to play hide and seek with him anymore?
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 21:23
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

Phil wrote:
i'm shocked as well, but not at all surprised. i think it's a part of being a great actor. no one has ever seen bruce lee or brandon lee past their prime. it seems like their deaths have made them eternal. i'm not saying ledger's death was a good thing, i'm just not surprised.

i hear rumors that joker killed him. not literally, but i heard he had nightmares of actually being the joker, and thinking up really crazy ways to kill people. maybe he was too much into the character for his own good, and decided death was better.

but take it as a grain of salt. my friend whose not even a batman fan told me this. he could have been trying to mess with me.
i dont think it was suicide

RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 21:43
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

My ten cents is that he just had the wrong mix of meds. He's been suffering from depression and insomnia, so my guess is he just had the too much anti-depressants and sleeping pills.

This is why meds scare the s@%# out of me, I have a friend who's on all sorts of anti-depressants and I'm terrified that one day I'll wake up and she's gone like this.

Unfortunatley what you're friend said was true in a way, Phil. The Joker role was highly demanding both physically and mentally, he wore himself out to the point that he mentioned having insomnia and depression; that coupled with traveling from country to country shooting movies, and the break-up with his girlfriend probably had a lot to do with his conditions.

But in any case, I believe it was an accident.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 22:13
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Phil wrote:

My daughter who is in 5th, came home and told my wife the same thing. I was listening to Bob & Tom, and they even said that this role could have hurt him. Months ago, he admited he couldn't sleep because his head was spinning thinking of ways to do the Joker, getting into character. While that maybe a small part of it, it was an accident. Plain and simple.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 23:27
User Avatar matt the bat webb
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

well if u ask me it could have had more to do than anyone relizes i mean think about it i shoot movies for a living (i wanna direct) and ive played the joker i know the charicter very well and its still hard to pull off. a guy like ledger who didnt even know the charicter and from what ive heard didnt even read the killing joke comic he was given so he wouldnt know if he didnt stay true the the charcter really could have mentally hurt himself

the greatest victorys are won with your mind, then your body
randommattwebb Send Private Message
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 23-01-2008 23:41
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Like I said, it could have had a hand in it, but by no means was the cause.

And this dude was acting from the age of ten, he knows how to put himself in other peoples shoes without killing himself. I just think he was trying to get some sleep and get rid of the anxiety caused from the travel and the seperation and the role. If he'd just been playing Joker he would have been ok. It was a combination I believe.

And Heath read the Killing Joke, and Arkham Asylum and a few others. He knew what he was doing.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 23-01-2008 23:44
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 24-01-2008 00:45
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Razhwurz wrote:
And Heath read the Killing Joke, and Arkham Asylum and a few others. He knew what he was doing.
From what I've gathered, he was given The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum to read, which he "really tried to read [...] and put it down." Still, he didn't flat out ignore the source material.

I found out through the radio about his death. It made me a bit frozen but I've never seen any of his films, so I can't be horribly upset. I understand fans grieving a bit though; the worst celebrity death for me was pro wrestler Chris Benoit in June '07.

To think that playing The Joker was strongly related to Ledger's death seems a bit strange. I suppose it could add stress and insomnia, but he's a professional actor and should be able to handle his roles pretty well. Like Razhwurz said, it may be related but definitely isn't the cause.

I'm mainly bothered he'll never give a retrospective on how this brilliant new Joker turns out and never reprise him. But obviously, the worst aspect is that his 2-year-old will be left without knowing her dad.

You'll all be happy to know that psychotic cult leader Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Church plans to attend and picket Ledger's memorial service due to his homosexual role in Brokeback Mountain. Honestly, it's almost surprising someone hasn't assassinated him yet.

Edited by Caleson on 24-01-2008 01:22
Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 24-01-2008 15:18
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

If ever anyone gets a chance, you should check out Keith Allen's mockumentary on that hateful bunch (as per Cale's post).

Re the Joker in his head type stuff - the poor bloke can't win. Some a***hole has seen the gloriously psychotic portrayal of Joker ("you're just a freak LIKE ME" sorta stuff), and because it looks SO good they've assumed it's Heath Ledger in real life, and completely missed the point that the guy is ACTOR; & that that's what he did! They've then told someone else "The Joker f***** with Heath Ledger's head", who told someone else etc, and before you know we've some sort of Chinese whispers suicide theory.

As if what's happened isnt bad and sad enough, you then get a load of nonsense like that.

RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 24-01-2008 17:48
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

real-dark-knight wrote:
Re the Joker in his head type stuff - the poor bloke can't win. Some a***hole has seen the gloriously psychotic portrayal of Joker ("you're just a freak LIKE ME" sorta stuff), and because it looks SO good they've assumed it's Heath Ledger in real life, and completely missed the point that the guy is ACTOR; & that that's what he did! They've then told someone else "The Joker f***** with Heath Ledger's head", who told someone else etc, and before you know we've some sort of Chinese whispers suicide theory.

I think it has more to do with his referances to the insomnia the role caused him... I think people are just exadurating it in there heads to "Joker killed Heath!", when really, it probably had very little, if anything, to do with it.

Also, I was told that there was a report stating that none of the pills from his prescriptions were missing, and that he had a pnemonia which may have caused his death.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 24-01-2008 17:50
RE: Heath Ledger Dead - Posted on 24-01-2008 22:38
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

hey, i'm korean, not chinese.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.