Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 > >>
Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 07-11-2006 22:05
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Please post all of the newest news and updates about the new film here. It is better to have one thread then 50.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Ledger Talks "Joker!" - Posted on 07-11-2006 22:13
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Source: NEWSARAMA

DRE: Have they given or asked you to read certain comics?

HL: The Killing Joke was the one that was handed to me. I think it?s going to be the beginning of The Joker. I guess that book explains a little bit of where he?s from but not too much. From what I?ve gathered, there isn?t a lot of information about The Joker and it?s left that way.

DRE: Is doing the role of The Joker scary after Jack Nicholson did it so well?

HL: I?m not going for the same thing he went for. That would be stupid. It is also two very different directors with different styles. Tim Burton did a more fantastical kind of thing and Chris Nolan is doing nitty gritty handheld realism. I love what [Jack] did and that is part of why I want to do that role. I remember seeing it and thinking how much fun it would be to put on that mask and attempt to do something along those lines. But it would obviously be murder if I tried to imitate what he did.

Read the rest HERE!

Edited by Chris on 07-11-2006 22:16
BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 08-11-2006 01:41
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

I agree; we don't need individual threads for every single interview or comment by a cast member.

Boy, reading the comments on that link, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Ledger is acting a bit holier than thou and unappreciative toward the comic book genre. Hopefully, he does a great job with the film and starts showing a little more respect in the future.

Caleson CALES0N http://calescustoms.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 08-11-2006 10:29
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I don't know...I can see why you get that vibe, but I just don't. He's new to the genre, and a bit blunt, but I don't think he disrespects it. I think it's just foreign territory for him. I like the fact that he doesn't have any preconcieved ideas, though...Joker has so many incarnations, most "fan" actors would end up trying to imitate Jack Nicholson, Caesar Romero, or Mark Hamill. This way, we get an actor who can really get into the character and make it "real" rather than one who will mimic someone else.
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 08-11-2006 11:08
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

spencer1984 wrote:
I don't know...I can see why you get that vibe, but I just don't. He's new to the genre, and a bit blunt, but I don't think he disrespects it. I think it's just foreign territory for him.
Yeah, well, he comes off very blunt and insensitive at times. He did seem to enjoy Nicholson's version of Joker, and I kind of like the way he's approaching the character with little to no strings attached to Nicholson or the comic books.

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 08-11-2006 14:57
User Avatar spencer1984
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Caleson wrote:
Yeah, well, he comes off very blunt and insensitive at times.

I agree with you there. But, among my hobbies of comic books, toy collecting, and model building, I've learned that "outsiders" have a knack for coming across as crude and condescending despite their intentions. I'll give 'em a slide unless they come right out and say something deliberately nasty.
http://www.batmobilehistory.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 08-11-2006 19:52
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Ledger didn't really say anything that's all that condesending; he really just generalized the Superman suit over all comic book heroes. And he's bringing up a fact that makes Bale's Batman great, if you just walk around in a superhero costume you feel, and in some cases, act silly; Bale compensated by bringing anger into his performance.

And it looks like Dark Knight is begining the next stage of production, tha Cardington Hangars are bustling with activity and Nolan has been spotted entering them; and acording to an insider at BOF, they've completed the new and improved Batcave set.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 08-11-2006 19:53
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 08-11-2006 22:18
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

oh i cant wait to see the new cave! it shouldnt be too much fo a change though. i mean they said it will leave off right where batman begins ended.

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 09-11-2006 21:50
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Phil Wrote: [The Batcave] shouldnt be too much fo a change though. i mean they said it will leave off right where batman begins ended.

It will probably be a lot more high-tech, as by the time the movie starts Wayne Manor will probably have been rebuilt; so by by then they would have already "Improved the foundations". Remember that it only takes a couple of months to build a house.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 10-11-2006 02:35
User Avatar XforeverXknightX
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

^^ true, but I have a feeling that it'll still be under construction... I could be wrong tho

"I went around the world, searched in all the shadows. And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me"

Check out my fan fics!!!
http://batmanytb.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=35&thread_id=219
http://batmanytb.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=35&thread_id=220
http://www.batmanytb.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=35&thread_id=864
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 10-11-2006 09:09
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

everyones heard about the new hawke-dent rumour right?

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 10-11-2006 18:17
User Avatar Azrael24
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

yep
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 10-11-2006 19:15
User Avatar Caleson
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

spencer1984 wrote:
I've learned that "outsiders" have a knack for coming across as crude and condescending despite their intentions. I'll give 'em a slide unless they come right out and say something deliberately nasty.
Yeah, that's a good philosophy. I just couldn't help but feel indifferent toward "I actually hate comic book movies, like f***ing hate them. They just bore me s***less and they're just dumb."

I can't wait for the new Batcave. I'm sure it'll have the super computer area and all that business. And maybe he'll be in the middle of building a Batboat harbor. Smile

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 11-11-2006 13:28
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Caleson Wrote: I can't wait for the new Batcave. I'm sure it'll have the super computer area and all that business. And maybe he'll be in the middle of building a Batboat harbor.

We're likely to see a super computer... On a sadder, the location os the cave and Bruce's house is far away from any large bodies of water; and if Bruce were to try to excevate the far enough to build a boat harbor he would have to bring a gigantic anount of attention to the project; and that would throw the whole "Realistic Batman" out the window.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 11-11-2006 21:08
User Avatar TheDarkKnight666
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

A batboat would, as Razhwurz put it, throw the realism right out the window. If batman were to get any sort of "comic only" things like a boat and jet or bike, i'd prefer it be at the end of the last movie, Just like you see an in-progress boat at the end of the movie somewhere in the cave.

deadroses90 Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 11-11-2006 21:34
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Razhwurz wrote:
On a sadder, the location is the cave and Bruce's house is far away from any large bodies of water; and if Bruce were to try to excavate the far enough to build a boat harbor he would have to bring a gigantic amount of attention to the project; and that would throw the whole "Realistic Batman" out the window.

Really?

As I recall (in Batman Begins) the Batmobile has to jump through a waterfall to get into the Batcave. If there is a waterfall then maybe there is a river too. Perhaps the Batboat could come out from behind the waterfall into the river or something.

TheDarkKnight666 wrote:
A batboat would, as Razhwurz put it, throw the realism right out the window. If batman were to get any sort of "comic only" things like a boat and jet or bike, I?d prefer it be at the end of the last movie, Just like you see an in-progress boat at the end of the movie somewhere in the cave.

I don?t see how a Batboat makes Batman less realistic. He has no superpowers so he has to develop things like the Batmobile, Batbike, Batplane, Batboat and such just to get around.

The Batcave is certainly big enough to hold it all and I bet Lucius Fox has just the right thing back at Wayne Enterprises.

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 12-11-2006 06:32
User Avatar real-dark-knight
Caped Crusader

Awards:
Medal 
Admin

The last few posts have really got me thinking about this.......... I think there is something in the argument that a Bat-Boat would be cheesy - but thats probably just because we associate it with a cheesy version of Batman (a version which I love nonetheless).

FlaBat wrote:

The Batcave is certainly big enough to hold it all and I bet Lucius Fox has just the right thing back at Wayne Enterprises.

Haha! Very True! Yep. I'm on the Bat-Boat thing!

Also - If you think of the radicial nature of the Tumbler - if thats anything to go by, well! I can't imagine Nolan's Bat-Boat would be cheesy!

Re Ledger - I dunno. He doesnt seem like he gives a t*ss about Batman - but significantly, if you watch the extras on Batman Begins, quite frankly, NEITHER DOES NOLAN! And yet he still managed to deliver the best SuperHero movie in the history of cinema. I'll reserve judgement on Ledger til I've seen with my own eyes - but I agree; a touch of warmth towards our hero's arch-nemesis would've been nice (if that's not a paradox in itself).
Edited by real-dark-knight on 12-11-2006 07:20
Message Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 12-11-2006 15:42
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

FlaBat Wrote: The Batcave is certainly big enough to hold it all and I bet Lucius Fox has just the right thing back at Wayne Enterprises.

The cave can house a boat, but there are no suitable bodies of water near it to travel on (The river is actually pretty dinky); so Bruce would have to higher someone to excavate further, and someone will have to ask "Why the Hell does Bruce Wayne need a two-mile underground trench under his house?"

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 12-11-2006 16:01
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 12-11-2006 17:15
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

A Batboat has been a part of Batman?s Arsenal for quite some time.

Batman Comic Books have had them off an on for years. The last one was seen in All Star Batman and Robin #4 with a Batmobile that turned into a Sub/Boat.

Batman The Movie had the Batboat docked at a remote pier. Granted it was out in the open, which was sort of dumb. But, Nolan?s Batman could have it housed in a boathouse somewhere remote.

In Batman The Animated Series the Batboat was also a Submarine and used underground tunnels to get in and out of the Batcave.

There was the Bat Ski Boat in Batman Returns that traveled through the sewer pipes to get from the Batcave to the water.

Batman Forever had a Batboat too.

The Batman has Batboat that?s a Hydrofoil and Submarine

So that?s three (out of six) Batman films and three (out of 5) Batman TV series that had some sort of Batboat in them. So it?s not impossible to believe that a Batboat could be in the next film. If The Narrows, which is surrounded by water is still in chaos it might make sense to use a Batboat.

Edited by FlaBat on 12-11-2006 17:16
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 12-11-2006 17:40
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

FlaBat, you don't seem to understand my messages, I never said that I didn't want a Batboat; and I didn't even say that there won't be a Batboat; I said that the location of the Batcave is to far from any bodies of water adequete for housing a Batboat.

It is entirely possible that Nolan will find a clever way of housing the Batboat outside of the cave; but inside the cave the only body of water is a shallow pool formed from the run-off of the waterfall, and nearbye the only body of water is 30 feet down and probably to shallow for someone to even swim in.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 12-11-2006 17:41
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.