Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more!

Bookmark and Share

Navigation

Home
Main Menu
Action Figures & Dolls

Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | GOTHAM THEATER | Batman Begins, Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 6 of 52 << < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > >>
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 16-02-2007 14:05
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

batgirl wrote:

When are they going to start filming?

They are doing Pre-Shooting now, with regular shooting starting next month

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 18-02-2007 18:14
User Avatar XforeverXknightX
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Aaron Eckhart himself has confirmed that he is indeed playing Harvey Dent/Two Face (I realize the news of his casting had been posted... but no official confirmations were). Courtesy of Batmanonfilm (BOF)

Aaron Eckhart himself has confirmed that he is indeed Harvey Dent, allegedly:

?I've been reading the site for a long time and have wanted to write something, but I've never been lucky enough to actually have any news. As you might have guessed, I'm now writing because I do.

If you're looking for confirmation, Mr. Eckhart recently was the special guest at the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival for region eight. Almost at the very beginning of his presentation, he specifically stated that he was cast as ?Harvey Dent/Two-Face.? He has a ?strong sense of where he wants to go? with the character, he says, and he doesn't really see himself as a villain. He wants the audience to understand why it is that he does what he does.

It sounded great to me. I made sure to shoot this off to you at BOF the first chance I got, since it's obviously relevant. Anyway, keep up the great work on the site!?

"I went around the world, searched in all the shadows. And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me"

Check out my fan fics!!!
http://batmanytb.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=35&thread_id=219
http://batmanytb.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=35&thread_id=220
http://www.batmanytb.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=35&thread_id=864
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 18-02-2007 18:47
User Avatar batboy99
W. Tech. Manager

Awards:
None

im glad he is dent
magge aaron and the rest of the cast will be awesome in tdk,i just know it!

Batman YTB is the best site on the net!
batboy_1999@hotmail.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 18-02-2007 19:24
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

My only complaint is Maggie Gyllenhaal. I'm sure she'll be a hell of a lot better than Holmes, I just don't like the aspect of them changing an actor; Batman Begins is one of very few movies I've seen that doesn't have a scene that draws me out of the film, and Maggie Gyllenhaal will bring me out of the film every, single time she's on screen. Of course after Holmes' marriage with Tom Cruise, she'd bring me out every scene to; so I guess it's an even trade.

And I'm looking forward to Two-face even more now that he's confirmed to be a good actor.

Never start with the head; the victim gets all fuzzy!

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 18-02-2007 20:22
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Id shes good, then she'll be ok. And I have a strange feeling that she'll die in this movie anyway.

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 18-02-2007 21:18
User Avatar Tim Drake
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

I forgot where i read this (source from BOF maybe?). Rachel only has ten minutes of screen time...however it is important for her to be in the film Nolam says? Now that is very interesting!!! If she gets killed I hear that thats a lot of what most people are expecting anyways and its `predictable`?

"Look, I never wanted this for myself...but I wanted Batman and Robin back together the way they should be. And if Dick won`t become Robin again...Someone else has to!" - Tim Drake, A LONELY PLACE OF DYING Chapter five: Rebirth
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 18-02-2007 21:41
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

Tim Drake Wrote: I forgot where i read this (source from BOF maybe?). Rachel only has ten minutes of screen time.

I never heard anything like that, and considering how tight Nolan's been about the script I doubt anyone who has access to that informantion would betray Nolan's trust and post it online.

So you probably heard speculation or maybe a statment from Goyer or Nolan before the script was in the works.

R.I.P. Heath
Edited by Razhwurz on 18-02-2007 21:42
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 20-02-2007 15:36
User Avatar rabbiredeye
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

I read on BOF too, that Rachel Dawes would be in the script for 10 mins or a couple of scenes. It's in the movie news section on the site, you'll just have to look for it but it is there.

I hope Rachel is murdered b/c (1) she was a made up character for BEGINS and (2) there is really no use to her except maybe to introduce Harvey Dent, or he takes over her duties after her death/murder and an ongoing investigation.

That's just my opinion, but I did hear the same thing TIM DRAKE heard about Rachel Dawes.

I really hope Morgan Freeman comes back, he really makes every movie much better.

It would be cool if Talia Al Ghul was in the film...
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 20-02-2007 20:23
User Avatar riskproductions
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

First off, I'm pretty sure it's Finch whose job Harvey Dent takes over, right? He did get shot in the back in Begins. Secondly, among actors, im on the same page as Razhwurz. I jumped for joy when Eckhart got cast as Dent, but not maggie. First off, it's lame changing actors from sequel to sequel who play the same roles. Second, I dont think Dawes's role is necessary in TDK, I could do with just a verbal mention of her death. It's not that I don't think Maggie is a good actress, she's just not that good looking to me and It's going to be distracting NOT seeing Holmes, as sad as that sounds lol.

filmmaker2007 riskproductions.net Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 20-02-2007 20:37
User Avatar Razhwurz
Caped Crusader

Awards:
None
Admin

riskproductions Wrote: It's not that I don't think Maggie is a good actress, she's just not that good looking to me

Ironically the only aspect of Katie Holmes performance that I liked was that she isn't attractive to me. Until her all of Bruce's girls were supermodel-like hotties who go "Wow, your not only rich but also a tall, dark and handsome vigilante! Let's have sex!"

Now this aspect greatly increased Bruce's character for me, because his relationship with her wasn't just a typical movie "We just met but we know we're in love because we're both sexy beasts!" relationship; it was actual affection.

R.I.P. Heath
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 21-02-2007 15:28
User Avatar riskproductions
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

From http://www.joblo.com/montoya-in-batman

Montoya in Batman?

Besides the returning characters (like Alfred, Jim Gordon and probably Bruce Wayne), we know some of the new faces in Christopher Nolan's BATMAN follow-up THE DARK KNIGHT will include the Joker and Harvey Dent, the future Two-Face. But who else might we see from The Bat's print or 'toon past?

How about Gotham City police officer Renee Montoya? Fans of the exemplary BATMAN ANIMATED SERIES will recall Montoya as the lovely Latino lady partnered with cantankerous detective Harvey Bullock. The character also appears in recent DC Comics, but with a delicious twist of lesbian, hey!

According to the weekly comic column Lying in the Gutters, auditions for the character are currently taking place. And while Montoya's face-time in the finished flick is unknown, Gutter's writer Rich Johnston is usually on target in regards to all things comic-related.

Don't forget to check out our own bio on Montoya here:
http://www.batmanytb.com/bios/gcpd/gcpdmontoyabio.php

filmmaker2007 riskproductions.net Send Private Message
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 21-02-2007 22:20
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Well, I guess a Rookie Montoya would be ok, but what about Sarah Essen? She should be there, and be Gordon's partner.

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 22-02-2007 02:32
User Avatar rabbiredeye
Gotham’s Newest Citizen

Awards:
None

That's a good idea.

And maybe Joker cripples Barbara Gordon like in "The Killing Joke". And maybe later on (possibly another sequel) Sarah Essen becomes Sarah-Essen Gordon and is murdered by the Joker...

Hmm...

It would be cool if they added some more villains. Maybe they'll use the Calendar Man, Mime, Black Mask, or Scarecrow real briefly.

Also, still think Talia Al Ghul should be in the movie. No need for Catwoman. Penguin...eh....maybe not. Boss Maroni, definitely.
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 22-02-2007 11:21
User Avatar kpangilinan
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

You're jumping the gun here. I'd rather concentrate on the Dark Knight not any movie after that.

I hope Batman doesn't kill anyone in the next film.
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 22-02-2007 13:31
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Maybe the limited screen time was why Katie is not coming back, that and she's Mrs Tom Cruise now. embarrassed I hate to see the actor change in sequels, but maybe if it's a short couple sceens we won't notice so much.

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 22-02-2007 14:00
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I still like that Ms. Dawes might see a dead end in TDK.

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 22-02-2007 18:14
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

beyond wrote:
I still like that Ms. Dawes might see a dead end in TDK.

So you think killing Bruce's childhood friend will give him enough angst to continue as Batman?

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 22-02-2007 18:40
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

No.. I think it'll be a good reason to make Harvey the main DA

RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 22-02-2007 19:12
User Avatar Azrael24
Gotham Civilian

Awards:
None

Somebody mentioned this b4, but didnt the main d.a. get shot
RE: Current "Dark Knight" News & Updates - Posted on 22-02-2007 20:28
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Yes.. he was killed, which would make Racheal the new main DA

Page 6 of 52 << < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > >>
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.