Login

User Name

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

View Thread
Batman YTB - Fansite For Batman Comics, Toys, Figures, News and more! | ANIMATION ALLEY | Beware The Batman, The Batman, Batman: The Brave & The Bold

Print Thread Rate Thread Change to old view

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 16-08-2009 17:01
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I think they are both good in their own ways: THE BATMAN was in a way like the movie BATMAN BEGINS because it was in the beginning of Batman career.

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD seems to be a tip of the cowl as it were to all things BATMAN that came before (ie: when Batman goes to another dimension) and when he comes back and takes the Joker to the Batcave all the things Joker sees are things from the TV show and even the extra batmobile is the one from the comics in the 40s. Even the criminals some are from the comic books some from the TV show

So I too think both have their good points.
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 16-08-2009 17:42
User Avatar Erin Cobblepot
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I think we all know what my opinion is on this. THE BATMAN was wwwayyyy better. No offense. Brave and the Bold isn't like BATMAN: TAS either. But the Batman had more PENGUIN then either of the other series's put together. Also, the Batman had better animation. I really liked the colors they used to make everything look nice. Like a graphic novel. That's just the artist in me.

Plus, like I mentioned. Penguin got more screen time in The Batman. I mean, who wants to watch Batman partner up with a bunch of hot shot super heroes? That's what we had JLU for. And JLU, like the Batman, was awesome too, animation was incredible.

Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League Unlimited and the Batman are my three faves. Brave and the Bold only had one good episode and that was: The Legend of the Dark Mite. Enough said.

Plus, I also agree with the Batman because that's how I came to love Oswald Cobblepot. Ozzy won me over and then I moved onto watching Batman:TAS to do some comparison.

Hello Gotham. I'm Erin. Ozzy Cobblepot's Biggest Fan. Love you Pengy!

Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought we'd get this far.
Betcha never, never ever, betcha never thought you'd touch my heart.
Betcha never, betcha never, betcha never thought I'd surrender.
Betcha never thought you'd ever get with me.
I betcha never thought of that.
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 16-08-2009 18:17
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

You never know Erin, there might be the Penguin in the next season of B:TBATB, hopefully there will be one
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 16-08-2009 18:50
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Oh yes, I hope so too. If they want to make the show much better, they must,must, must have Penguin. *claps happily* And thank you for believing that there is hopefully an episode with him in it for the next season of B:TBATB.

RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 16-08-2009 19:16
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

batmanI'd love to see them do in B:TBATB what they did in the 1966 movie and have the big four (Joker, Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin) in a story arc that lasts a few episodes
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 16-08-2009 20:31
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I own the 1966 Batman movie on DVD. And I think that would be WAY awesome! *Hugs Penguin*

RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 16-08-2009 23:49
User Avatar cdemink
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

The sixties was by far the best incarnation of the Penguin to date. Fantastic.

And I think they've definitely confirmed that there's going to be another season of TBATB. So here's hoping! Smile

"Yes I do believe there is a violent thing inside of me."
http://www.batmanytb.com/comics/ Send Private Message
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 17-08-2009 10:07
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I'm glad to hear about the next season of B:TBATB and Erin I too own the 60's movie on DVD also I own the complete series on DVD (My best friend got it for me as a birthday gift a few yrs ago at of all places a STAR TREK convention), I think it was boot leg because in some of the episodes you can see the F/X network logo in the corner of the screen, but who cares I got thembatman
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 18-08-2009 13:40
User Avatar cdemink
Dark Knight

Awards:
None
Webmaster

Buckeye Bat wrote:
I'm glad to hear about the next season of B:TBATB and Erin I too own the 60's movie on DVD also I own the complete series on DVD (My best friend got it for me as a birthday gift a few yrs ago at of all places a STAR TREK convention), I think it was boot leg because in some of the episodes you can see the F/X network logo in the corner of the screen, but who cares I got thembatman

Yes. It's definitely a boot. The rights to those 60's episodes has been held up in legal wrangling for quite some time now. There was rumors that deals were being negotiated in order to seal a DVD release date but so far I haven't seen anything come of it.

"Yes I do believe there is a violent thing inside of me."
http://www.batmanytb.com/comics/ Send Private Message
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 18-08-2009 16:10
User Avatar FlaBat
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

Erin Cobblepot wrote:
Oh yes, I hope so too. If they want to make the show much better, they must,must, must have Penguin. *claps happily* And thank you for believing that there is hopefully an episode with him in it for the next season of B:TBATB.

The Penguin was in the episode Legends Of The Dark Mite, although he did not have a speaking part he was there along with other Silver Age villains.

I have no doubt that The Penguin will be in another Batman Brave and the Bold next season.

RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 21-09-2009 13:19
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

@FlaBat and Erin...The only question would be how are they going to represent him; Like in the 60's show and cartoons...Like in the movie Batman Returns and in The Batman cartoon, or how he was portrayed him in B:TAS and the other cartoons of the 90's

I myself would like to see them do it like the old 60's representation of the character.

'It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that dfines me-BATMAN (Batman Begins) batman
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 04-11-2009 19:24
User Avatar XforeverXknightX
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

The Batman is a pretty good show. Much better than the brave and the bold, imo. The animation, the voice acting, the storylines, etc, are all of higher quality than brave and the bold.

I still miss watching BTAS, though. I really need to get my hands on the dvds.

"I went around the world, searched in all the shadows. And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me"

Check out my fan fics!!!
http://batmanytb.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=35&thread_id=219
http://batmanytb.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=35&thread_id=220
http://www.batmanytb.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=35&thread_id=864
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 05-11-2009 19:50
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

the thing about The Batman was that it never knew what it was. sometimes i liked it, and sometimes i hated it. it tried to be campy, it tried to be dark, it tried to appeal to kids, it tried to appeal to fans, it was just all over the place. there wasn't any consistency. and the voices were actually one of the reasons why i didn't enjoy the show as much. batman's voice wasn't deep enough, robin's voice sounded like he had a cold, penguin sounded like angry sponge bob, etc. the only voice i liked in the show was mr. freeze.

in my opinion, brave and the bold kicks the crap out of the batman. voices are awesome, animation is awesome, and it's consistent with its campiness and dry humor.

my favorites are still timm's toons. BTAS, JL/U, BB are the best!!! i think batman beyond is my favorite of all 3. don't hate!

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 05-11-2009 20:50
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

Yeah, I guess I can agree with Phil. The voices really didn't fit the characters too well. Though...I wasn't paying attention to voices for THE BATMAN. I liked the animation because it kind of followed JLU & Teen Titans.

The reason I LOVE that version of Ozzy was that he was extra cute. I noticed the villains were all young and not aging looking. Probably why Two-Face and Scarecrow and some others weren't in the show. These were the younger years for Bruce Wayne.

But I LOVE that version of Ozzy. He's soooo cute. But I DO miss Batman:TAS. TAS was the starting point of when I became of fan. But not to dis the cartoons but I LOVE the '66 TV Show. Also the reason why I loves the Penguin SO VERY MUCH! XD

Edited by Erin Cobblepot on 05-11-2009 21:09
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 07-11-2009 00:24
User Avatar The Red-Blue Blur
W. Indust. Employee

Awards:
None

I agree with you guys. The Batman was really it's own thing and kind of rebooted the DCUA from Bruce Timm's world. For me, the first and second seasons were the best and gave me a dark Gotham feeling. I liked how they waited until the last season to bring in the JLA although it is what destroyed it for me. The Green Arrow episode was good and so were the Superman two-parter. Batgirl also ruined it a bit and I wished they would've had Jim throughout the whole series. Bullock would've been cool to see too.

Brave and the Bold however is just like the other Cartoon Network DC series, it's a treat. However, the episodes arn't like JLU mostly because nobody really intresting has been on (Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Twins would be awesome to see on there, etc).

"Things are always going to get worst before they get better."

[Alfred Pennyworth]

http://timothymably.deviantart.com Send Private Message
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 07-11-2009 03:51
User Avatar Phil
Vigilante

Awards:
Medal 

forreal? dude, i've liked every single episode on brave and the bold. the characterizations of the characters are so good; batman as well. this batman is my favorite next to the timm batman, in the world of animated series anyways. this batman has a very dry humor, and it fits well. he has everything under control, and he's always the top dog. just the way he should be. it's about time we see an aged batman who knows exactly what he's doing.

as much as i like origin stories, i think what happens afterwards is even more interesting. i'd love to see them introduce tim drake. that would be awesome! as well as dick's transformation into nightwing. perhaps a dtv for this?

http://batmanytb.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4
Ph1L Cho Send Private Message
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 07-11-2009 11:34
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

I like that idea Phil because if you saw the B:TBATB episode with Robin in it he was still in the Robin outfit and seemed a bit ticked off that Batman was there, maybe tey can have him come back as Nightwing and tell Batman how he came up with the name and why.
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 16-11-2009 09:10
User Avatar craigomoteo
Arkham Inmate

Awards:
None

I thought that the last episode for season 1 was supposed to be "The Fate of Equinox", with season 2 beginning in December. I see in my local listings that there is a new episode airing Friday entitled "Death Race to Oblivion" featuring Mongul. Is this the start to season 2?
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 16-11-2009 12:00
User Avatar Buckeye Bat
Blue Collared Worker

Awards:
None

My suggestion craig is to go to the Cartoon Network website and check it out because they would probably have that information up
RE: The Batman vs. Batman Brave & the Bold - Posted on 16-11-2009 16:20
User Avatar Chris
Dark Knight

Awards:
Medal 
Webmaster

I've got an email out to my contact to see whats going on!

BYTBBeyond beyondgotham@hotmail.com BYTB_Beyond www.batmanytb.com Send Private Message
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jump to Forum:
Ratings
Rating is available to Members only.

Please login or register to vote.

No Ratings have been Posted.

About BatmanYTB | Credits & Thanks!

BATMAN: Yesterday, Today, & Beyond, all of it's sub-sites, or hosted sites are in no way associated, or affiliated with DC Comics, Time Warner or any of it's divisions.

Items cataloged in merchandise sections are not for sale. The downloading of video game ROMs is for backup and testing purposes only. If you do not own the actual game, the ROM is to be deleted from your hard drive within 24 hours.

Any money that may be made from Amazon Associates, advertisements, or affiliate programs will be contributed to the maintaining of this website, to provide the fans with the best that we can offer.